INSTANT REACTION: Miami Hurricanes 2024 Schedule Reveal

View as article
Advertisement
Last yr def had some obvious tough games.... at FSU, Clemson, AM, at UNC, at NCST...I'm not seeing that with this schedule but I never trust a miami fball team to do what they should do so who knows
And that's the thing - we beat Clemson and A2M, played FSU and Louisville down to the wire. We'll be up for the big games, our trouble for the last decade or so has been playing down to the dregs. I think 8-10 wins is the range, and the difference between 8 and 10 isn't FSU/Louisville, it's VT/Syracuse/GT et al.

said it in the other thread. There is no reason for that not to be a 9-10 win season there. If we don't buyout questions have to be asked. But again, I am extremely hopeful that we achieve which is on paper very achiable and wish for the best. I think we can do it, but a ton of variables.

And that's the thing - we beat Clemson and A2M, played FSU down to the wire. We'll be up for the big games, our trouble for the last decade or so has been playing down to the dregs. I think 8-10 wins is the range, and the difference between 8 and 10 isn't FSU/Louisville, it's VT/Syracuse/GT et al.
Definitely. I could see VT and USF qb giving miami some issues. Both had pretty nice seasons and are very mobile. And GT is bringing back the majority of their team that already beat miami at home last yr but let's not talk about that one...

Advertisement
Last yr def had some obvious tough games.... at FSU, Clemson, AM, at UNC, at NCST...I'm not seeing that with this schedule but I never trust a miami fball team to do what they should do so who knows
Lol nobody this time last year was including UNC or NCSt or even Louisville as “tough games”. Thats my point. Just like no one is looking at Syracuse and Fran Brown this year. Or even, dare I say, Duke and Manny Diaz. We play Louisville again and they’ve improved, plus Brohm is a great coach. And I know y’all think Florida is a push over but idk how folks are just overlooking that game in The Swamp and chalking it up as an automatic dub?

Last edited:
Lol nobody this time last was including UNC or NCSt or even Louisville as “tough games”. Thats my point. Just like no one is looking at Syracuse and Fran Brown this year. Or even, dare I say, Duke and Manny Diaz. We play Louisville again and they’ve improved, plus Brohm is a great coach. And I know y’all think Florida is a push over but idk how folks are just overlooking that game in The Swamp and chalking it up as an automatic dub?
Seriously? UNC owns Miami, it was at UNC and they were bringing back arguably the future #1 or 2 QB taken in the 24 draft. How were u not worried about UNC lol

Lol nobody this time last was including UNC or NCSt or even Louisville as “tough games”. Thats my point. Just like no one is looking at Syracuse and Fran Brown this year. Or even, dare I say, Duke and Manny Diaz. We play Louisville again and they’ve improved, plus Brohm is a great coach. And I know y’all think Florida is a push over but idk how folks are just overlooking that game in The Swamp and chalking it up as an automatic dub?
I didn't say miami was going undefeated. The toughest games seem to be at UF, at Lville and home vs FSU but of course I'm not gna sit here and think Miami couldn't lose to almost anyone else on their schedule like they always do...that being said this yrs schedule "on paper" is much easier than last yrs was

Advertisement
Seriously? UNC owns Miami, it was at UNC and they were bringing back arguably the future #1 or 2 QB taken in the 24 draft. How were u not worried about UNC lol
I didn’t say I wasn’t. But the majority of the fanbase was overlooking UNC cause Maye didn’t have Downs coming back and he had a lot of unproven talent around him.

rivalry game. No guarantees for those...

I didn't say miami was going undefeated. The toughest games seem to be at UF, at Lville and home vs FSU but of course I'm not gna sit here and think Miami couldn't lose to almost anyone else on their schedule like they always do...that being said this yrs schedule "on paper" is much easier than last yrs was
We could lose to every team but Ball St and Florida A&M just as easily as we could beat em. But in all honesty, 10 wins, however they get it … is the bare minimum that is expected this year.

We can obviously win or lose to anyone on this schedule and health is always vital in this game, but if Qb1 stays upright this schedule is pretty favorable and talent us adequate enough for 9 W's just gotta get it done.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There’s always a team that ends up being a much tougher out than anyone thought preseason. Louisville was almost an afterthought last year early season.

I’ll believe this team can win 8 games when I see it.

Advertisement
Back