INSTANT REACTION: Miami Hurricanes 2024 Schedule Reveal

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
banned!.png

Advertisement
Schedule appears to be extremely favorable "on paper". Outside of FSU, Lville (depending on how all these transfers mesh) and I guess on the road at the swamp nothing looks overly daunting...but can us fans ever trust Miami to do what they're supposed to do? VT and USF both have mobile QBs that could give miami some trouble so you never know but if Cam Ward is who we think he is and the team stays relatively healthy, anything less than 10-2 would be a major disappointment...

Has Miami out-recruited them?Is Miami's QB better?Should Miami Win?
August 31 at FloridaYesYesYes
September 7 Florida A&MYesYesYes
September 14 Ball StateYesYesYes
September 21 at USFYesYesYes
September 27 Virginia TechYesYesYes
October 5 at CaliforniaYesYesYes
October 19 at LouisvilleYesYesYes
October 26 Florida StateYesYesYes
November 2 DukeYesYesYes
November 9 at Georgia TechYesYesYes
November 23 Wake ForestYesYesYes
November 30 at SyracuseYesYesYes
Advanced Analytics

Advertisement
November 2 DukeYesYesYes
Advanced Analytics
You could have said this last year about every team we lost to..

You could have said this last year about every team we lost to..
And they should have won those games too.

Although TVD I would drop behind some of the opposing QBs once he started leading the nation in INTs from a clean pocket.

They need to be good enough that the typical game against a USF, Cal, Georgia Tech, Virginia type team looks like the Boston College blowout and then the margin for error will be where it needs to be.

Advertisement
And they should have won those games too.
Coulda, shoulda, woulda, bottom line is we didn’t and we haven’t won games we should win for a while now. Hoping that changes soon! But aside from the A&M game Mario’s on field results so far haven’t given me a lot of confidence.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda, bottom line is we didn’t and we haven’t won games we should win for a while now. Hoping that changes soon! But aside from the A&M game Mario’s on field results so far haven’t given me a lot of confidence.
"Should" is expectations within context, which means 7-5 with this schedule should be judged more harshly than 7-5 against a schedule with Georgia, Texas, LSU, Ole Miss on it, or to put another way "A good coach with this roster against this schedule would be favored in every game and should win 90% or more of these."

What results we will actually get is another matter.

Advertisement
"Should" is expectations within context, which means 7-5 with this schedule should be judged more harshly than 7-5 against a schedule with Georgia, Texas, LSU, Ole Miss on it, or to put another way "A good coach with this roster against this schedule would be favored in every game and should win 90% or more of these."

What results we will actually get is another matter.
I know what “should win” means… I’ve heard it every year for the past, I don’t know how many years, around this time only for us to end up losing those games we “should win”.

I know what “should win” means… I’ve heard it every year for the past, I don’t know how many years, around this time only for us to end up losing those games we “should win”.
Well one way to look at it is the Vegas over/under on canes wins is gonna be high because of the perceived weakness of the schedule so you can bet the under on wins and make some money depending on how confident you are that the canes will find a way to once again lose to a bunch of mid teams they "should" beat.

Advertisement
Very favorable set up. No back to back weeks on the road. Our only NE game is in a dome. Wish VT wasn't Friday night but they are trash.
I wouldn’t say trash. If we’re an improving team, they are too. Went from 3-8 last year to 7-6 this past year, the same record we had, and they won their bowl game against a **** good Tulane team.

No schedule is favorable with Mario in charge. Every game will be a grind, just like last year. Hopefully we can catch some breaks and win some games that we should not of lost last year.

8-4 would look like "improvement" but the reality is that would probably be a failure to most fans bc of that schedule. Geezzz the more u look at it the more u think 9-3 has to be the floor.

I also think that season ticket holders,like myself, are getting ripped off. God that home schedule is trash. FAMU as a home opener is 🤮. Stop scheduling FAMU, BCC, central Connecticut state, savannah state, or Charleston southern. Idc if they need the money. Schedule FAU or UCF.

November 2 DukeYesYesYes