Inside the U article by David Lake

Advertisement
No? Then why hasn’t he been fired? What’s the advantage of keeping him around?

If it were me, I would love for Manny to walk but keeping him as a backup plan kinda makes sense. If you strike out on Mario or Lane you can maybe go for them or bigger next year. Doesn’t make sense for us to gamble on a guy who’s never been a big time HC at this point out of program.

We have cut the balls off of Manny but we are going to let him coach next season? Thats a bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays off for 'em.

No? Then why hasn’t he been fired? What’s the advantage of keeping him around?

If it were me, I would love for Manny to walk but keeping him as a backup plan kinda makes sense. If you strike out on Mario or Lane you can maybe go for them or bigger next year. Doesn’t make sense for us to gamble on a guy who’s never been a big time HC at this point out of program.
I’ve said why and I’m not repeating myself again. Unlike the rest of these “journalist” my story has remained the same for awhile. Just because some people change their story every week to get clicks and make subscribers happy doesn’t mean it’s legit. Most of them have been getting used , I called that two weeks ago Sunday. Now it’s common knowledge.

Other day multiple media members said Nunez turned UM down lol. Then changed the story.

It doesn’t seem uncommon to zoom in on one guy. What do you think usc and lsu just did ?
Kind of like how we were zoomed in on Manny? You shouldn't focus on one guy because he fits culturally. I guarantee you if his name was Frank Smith from Littleville, Idaho there would be ZERO interest in what he's doing in Oregon. Same with Manny Diaz. If he was Bob Jones from Iowa, he'd have never been hired here. I think that's a problem.

Just watch. If Mario gets his head handed to him again tonight, the homers around here and in the administration will do cartwheels, because it'll make it easier for them to get the guy they are focused in on. Doesn't that feel a little weird to you?

Advertisement
I’ve said why and I’m not repeating myself again. Unlike the rest of these “journalist” my story has remained the same for awhile. Just because some people change their story every week to get clicks and make subscribers happy doesn’t mean it’s legit. Most of them have been getting used , I called that two weeks ago Sunday. Now it’s common knowledge.

Other day multiple media members said Nunez turned UM down lol. Then changed the story.
To avoid Mario pressure? Makes sense. Anyway, appreciate you and your insights Cribby 🤟🏻

Miami has the money to handle Oregon. Phil Knight is worth 61 billion. That is nice. If Oregon was going to sign Cristobal to a $3 billion contract, then yes, UM is probably out of the running. Mario will probably get something like $10 mil a year for 6 years. UM can pay $60 million just as easily as Oregon.
This. I get the feeling sometimes by reading some peoples post and listening to talking heads that some people think Oregon has a 10yr 200M comp package waiting for Mario. LOL.

Cribby, if Manny wasn’t an option. They would have already let him go (buyout is over). He’s plan B or C right now. Actually smart of the Admin.

Not like keeping manny helps us recruit. If he’s fired guys can get out of their NLI
I believe they can get out of their NLI anyway. Miami has 8 commitments. He can touch them all in out and back overnight trip. There is not a kid is going to commit to Miami right now, period.

Mendenhall resigned yesterday. You think he did so because he missed his two-year sabbatical as a 20 year and decided now was the time?

Diaz also has to stay professional for his next job. My guess his agent is exploring the market regardless.

If you saw Diaz's face during our blow out win over Duke, you would know even he knows he's not coming back. Point blank. Ya'll think too hard man.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back