Inside look at the U from recruit D'Antre Robinson (Video)

Nah, it's the expectations that were wacked, not Moss' trajectory. It was clear to several of of us he needed at least two years to develop before seeing snaps along the line (still could contribute at STs.). I seemed to recall what @CT Cane 44 writes above, that he showed up well under 200 pounds. So if he's gained 15-20 already, and gains another 20 this year, he'll be a third years sophomore with 3 to play at 225-230. He can hold up at that weight on limited snaps.

I'd obviously l like to see him get to 225+ by fall and 240+ by next fall, so he could battle for more snaps sooner. But he's just not build that way. It's another 2 years wait. Need to be patient with this one. Stick to the plan and he'll be a monster as a junior and RS senior. Project? Absolutely. JAG? Disagree.
he better be strong asf or have some sort of first step or explosiveness, if not hes going to going to get passed by when we recruit better players. The cycle of talent begins he better get right and fast.

Advertisement
concerning asf, looking like a jag dead a55
It's definitely physically concerning if he continues to struggle gaining weight but he's worth being patient for cuz he has that crazy first step + bend to get around the edge of an OT. He looks to be between 200-210 right now. If he can get to 225 then he can get on the field so he's really not as far away as we think.

Theres been a ton of skinny DE's who didn't pan out as well. The Bills fan in me still has PTSD from Aaron Maybin. Him Dion Jordan, Keke Mingo, Vic Beasley (One good year) and my favorite one Jachai Polite because he was a Gaytor 3rd rounder cut 4 months into his career by the Jets. All in the 240s and under club.

The god thing is that Moss has another couple years to figure it out and I hope they can figure out how to put on god weight.
I hear ya… maybe it doesn’t pan out long term for some NFL team but if he can be a nightmare here on the college game for tackles I think it would be amazing

It's definitely physically concerning if he continues to struggle gaining weight but he's worth being patient for cuz he has that crazy first step + bend to get around the edge of an OT. He looks to be between 200-210 right now. If he can get to 225 then he can get on the field so he's really not as far away as we think.
he looked super raw real raw, pause

Advertisement
As long as he can get some wiry strength…

There’s been a few really “skinny” DEs who’ve shined in college and gone In the first round.. that kid Key from LSU a few years back comes to mind.

Jawja had a kid too who went to the bears I think

Leonard Floyd; was mediocre w/ us, & became an animal w/ The Rams. He’s 6’6 240 TODAY! Lol. Took him forever to get to that size (pause), but he was wiry strong w/ speed.

I’m convinced Moss needs to be used like Gentry for SC. **** near identical builds & both played DE coming out.

Advertisement
Well that undercuts a good storyline, then, because he can't be heavier than that now in the video clip. Young man needs to start eating.
Might be hard for him to put on weight like others have said. But DEs in his mold has had some success in cfb so hopefully he can get up to at least 230

Nah, it's the expectations that were wacked, not Moss' trajectory. It was clear to several of of us he needed at least two years to develop before seeing snaps along the line (still could contribute at STs.). I seemed to recall what @CT Cane 44 writes above, that he showed up well under 200 pounds. So if he's gained 15-20 already, and gains another 20 this year, he'll be a third years sophomore with 3 to play at 225-230. He can hold up at that weight on limited snaps.

I'd obviously l like to see him get to 225+ by fall and 240+ by next fall, so he could battle for more snaps sooner. But he's just not build that way. It's another 2 years wait. Need to be patient with this one. Stick to the plan and he'll be a monster as a junior and RS senior. Project? Absolutely. JAG? Disagree.
I don’t think he is a jag. He was a true freshman last year. If he gets to 225 he can stand up off the edge and rush. I remember when Lyndon Trail was coming out of high school he he was like 6-7 200 and ended up playing at 270 and didn’t look like he was gonna gain weight.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back