Injury updates

Advertisement
I don't ever want to see Rayshawn play another down here. Nothing against him personally but I would much rather give those snaps to Knowles, Finley, Wright.

I swear i thought Jenkins broke/dislocated his ankle by the looks of things...Great news for him!

Still may not be able to help for another 2 weeks though!

Advertisement
Lmao if Jenkins put on that big show on the field and looked like he was going to die and he's not even hurt. Some guys finish games on torn ACLs, MCLs, broken hands, broken arms, etc and we have guys rolling in pain for what's probably going to be a sprained ankle

Sorry to be a **** but no respect if that's what it ends up being

Awesome fan base.

Isn't it?

"Bro, how could you be in so much pain from a sprained ankle???!?!?!?! Bro, I tore my ACL, MCL, and PCL back in high school and I set Dade county records at QB, WR, DE in the same year, bro!!!!"

I'm talking about guys on our own team doing that. Pinckney got rolled up 2 weeks ago and was carried off the field and came back in 2 plays later, Courtel came out with an injury and was right back in and then missed 3 weeks with a torn meniscus, Flowers was back a week and a half after surgery, Shaq is playing through a torn labrum, McCloud has been down multiple times gets up and goes to the locker room and always ends up back in the game.

Just saying it's pretty obvious the difference in the mentality of the young guys and the guys that have been here with a few exceptions

Comparing injuries is a waste of time.
Unless you're a trainer for the football team, you have no idea the extent of injuries on these guys.
You're sitting on a couch eating wings, drinking beer and making medical diagnosises.
Just admit you made a dumb, if not insentively ignorant, statement about a kid who has had a history of serious injuries and is doing his best.

Well put, Medley. An injury is an injury and everyone deals with it differently. Some people just have a better threshold of pain.

Just like in a death, people mourn differently. You just can't be quick to judge, without knowing the facts. Just happy Jenkins is doing better, he might not be all ACC, but hes a Cane and Im happy and proud of his play. Go Canes!!!

I don't ever want to see Rayshawn play another down here. Nothing against him personally but I would much rather give those snaps to Knowles, Finley, Wright.

Did you not read the part where he wrote: [Rayshawn Jenkins] has made a team-high 33 solo tackles and is tied...for the lead in total tackles (43)??

Advertisement
Not sure the true freshman Jackson should lose his job he's been a monster on the field

He has, but if healthy, I think Chad and Demetrius have been better. It's not just pure stats or number of sacks. If you watch the DL, there are numerous plays where, Chad especially, forces the QB into another DL who gets the sack or the RB into another DL who gets the TFL.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not sure the true freshman Jackson should lose his job he's been a monster on the field

He has, but if healthy, I think Chad and Demetrius have been better. It's not just pure stats or number of sacks. If you watch the DL, there are numerous plays where, Chad especially, forces the QB into another DL who gets the sack or the RB into another DL who gets the TFL.
Chad has been productive almost 10tfl on the season already with 4 sacks. Joe Jackson has been more productive than djack by alittle bit imo. He will be a stud in his career at miami

The Herald reports that almost all the players were at practice. Not sure whether or not that means they'll play.

Advertisement
Good god we needed a few days to rest and heal. A young team with no depth playing 3 games in 12 days? Of course we got worked by Vag Tech.

According to Christy Chirinos of the Sun-Sentinel, everyone was back at practice today except Demetrius.

Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos
6h6 hours ago Coral Gables, FL
Watching early drills here at Miami and can see Chad Thomas, Gerald Willis, Rayshawn Jenkins & Sheldrick Redwine all participating

According to Christy Chirinos of the Sun-Sentinel, everyone was back at practice today except Demetrius.

Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos
6h6 hours ago Coral Gables, FL
Watching early drills here at Miami and can see Chad Thomas, Gerald Willis, Rayshawn Jenkins & Sheldrick Redwine all participating

I really hope those guys play Saturday. I want this ND game so bad. I hate that red faced smug maggot on the other sideline, and I detest that school in South Bend. Only chance we have is if our defense keeps them somewhat in check, and the only way we do that is if those guys play.

Advertisement
Back