Injury updates

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Since we still have a football season. Take these with a grain of salt, since they're from Matt "Don't call me the CIS poster The Franchise" Porter.

Starting defensive end Chad Thomas returned to practice on Sunday, a source told The Post, which is a positive sign for his availability for Saturday’s game at Notre Dame (3:30 p.m., NBC).

Thomas did not travel to last Thursday’s 37-16 loss at Virginia Tech, which dropped the Hurricanes to 4-3 (1-3 ACC). He sustained what UM termed an “upper body injury” Oct. 15 against North Carolina. He also broke his right hand the week before, and was playing through that condition.

Miami is off Monday. Coach Mark Richt was scheduled to appear on UM’s flagship radio station, WQAM, in the morning. His next chat with reporters is after Tuesday’s practice.

Richt clarified Monday morning that Sunday’s practice was a noncontact practice. He said UM would “have a better idea” of availability for Saturday when the team conducts a full practice Tuesday. He did not say who participated Sunday.

Thomas, a 6-foot-6, 265-pound junior, leads UM in tackles for loss (8.0) and is second in sacks (3.5). He has broken up two passes. In his place last week, true freshman Joe Jackson started for the first time. Jackson leads UM in sacks (4.5) and is tied for third in tackles for loss (6.5).

* UM’s other starting defensive end, redshirt sophomore Demetrius Jackson, also missed the Virginia Tech game. Jackson is battling a knee injury. A source said senior Stan Dobard, who moved from tight end last week to provide depth in Jackson’s absence, took second-team reps at defensive end Sunday. It’s unclear if Dobard (6-4, 265) could be ready in time to play at Notre Dame, if Jackson cannot play.

* Starting safety Rayshawn Jenkins, who had to be carried off the field Thursday after an apparent right leg injury, did not practice Sunday. However, the source said Jenkins has not been ruled out for this week. Jenkins, a senior, has made a team-high 33 solo tackles and is tied with true freshman middle linebacker Shaq Quarterman for the lead in total tackles (43)

Miami Hurricanes DE Chad Thomas returns to practice; Rayshawn Jenkins does not | Canes Watch

Advertisement
Wow. If Jenkins comes back from that it's a ******* miracle. That looked horrible.

Advertisement
Lmao if Jenkins put on that big show on the field and looked like he was going to die and he's not even hurt. Some guys finish games on torn ACLs, MCLs, broken hands, broken arms, etc and we have guys rolling in pain for what's probably going to be a sprained ankle

Sorry to be a **** but no respect if that's what it ends up being

You have no idea how much pain he was in at that moment. I'm sure he wasn't faking it. He might not be the best player, but come on.

Lmao if Jenkins put on that big show on the field and looked like he was going to die and he's not even hurt. Some guys finish games on torn ACLs, MCLs, broken hands, broken arms, etc and we have guys rolling in pain for what's probably going to be a sprained ankle

It looked like he hurt his ankle to me too. I dont see where it look so bad like everybody was claiming.

Looked like Jenkins' knee was obliterated the way it bent sideways and the way he reacted. Good for him if he comes back, but I doubt it. Rick is like the Kremlin with injury info.

We're not gonna have any idea who is back until we see the team on the field Saturday. I'd sure love to get Chad and Willis back. Those guys would be huge against a good offensive team and a QB who can pick you apart if he gets time.

Advertisement

i dont respect this post.

Awesome fan base.

Dude looked like he had a high ankle sprain. I've had a couple of those in my time. That **** hurts.

Advertisement

Awesome fan base.

Isn't it?

"Bro, how could you be in so much pain from a sprained ankle???!?!?!?! Bro, I tore my ACL, MCL, and PCL back in high school and I set Dade county records at QB, WR, DE in the same year, bro!!!!"

Awesome fan base.

Isn't it?

"Bro, how could you be in so much pain from a sprained ankle???!?!?!?! Bro, I tore my ACL, MCL, and PCL back in high school and I set Dade county records at QB, WR, DE in the same year, bro!!!!"

I'm talking about guys on our own team doing that. Pinckney got rolled up 2 weeks ago and was carried off the field and came back in 2 plays later, Courtel came out with an injury and was right back in and then missed 3 weeks with a torn meniscus, Flowers was back a week and a half after surgery, Shaq is playing through a torn labrum, McCloud has been down multiple times gets up and goes to the locker room and always ends up back in the game.

Just saying it's pretty obvious the difference in the mentality of the young guys and the guys that have been here with a few exceptions

Awesome fan base.

Isn't it?

I'm talking about guys on our own team doing that. Pinckney got rolled up 2 weeks ago and was carried off the field and came back in 2 plays later, Courtel came out with an injury and was right back in and then missed 3 weeks with a torn meniscus, Flowers was back a week and a half after surgery, Shaq is playing through a torn labrum, McCloud has been down multiple times gets up and goes to the locker room and always ends up back in the game.

Just saying it's pretty obvious the difference in the mentality of the young guys and the guys that have been here with a few exceptions

I think you're reading too much into it. If you didn't see the play, he rolled his ankle pretty bad as I guess a high ankle sprain at minimum. And just saying, nit picking at a player for showing pain is borderline retarded.

Advertisement

Awesome fan base.

Isn't it?

Comparing injuries is a waste of time.
Unless you're a trainer for the football team, you have no idea the extent of injuries on these guys.
You're sitting on a couch eating wings, drinking beer and making medical diagnosises.
Just admit you made a dumb, if not insentively ignorant, statement about a kid who has had a history of serious injuries and is doing his best.

Awesome fan base.

Isn't it?

Comparing injuries is a waste of time.
Unless you're a trainer for the football team, you have no idea the extent of injuries on these guys.
You're sitting on a couch eating wings, drinking beer and making medical diagnosises.
Just admit you made a dumb, if not insentively ignorant, statement about a kid who has had a history of serious injuries and is doing his best.

I probably shouldn't have said it but it is what it is. He made me think broken ankle, broken leg, ACL, something serious and now we're talking about him playing this week. Could be Richt just keeping it quiet because they don't know full extent yet.

I'm just saying I've never seen anyone in that much pain for a sprained ankle

Advertisement
Back