Ingraham fallout and where Miami can go from here on the D-Line

View as article
"Silent commit" is the buzz words that people are talking about and saying that the staff shouldn't take them. A public commit that's still shopping around is the same as a silent. They both might leave you for a better offer in their eyes. Outside of the LOI being signed the safest commit is from a recruit that shuts their recruitment down completely.

If a kid wants to be silent you take that silent commit and communicate with the kid that you're still looking for other guys in case he changes his mind like Ingraham did. The staff is at fault for not continuing to recruit the position. They suppose to take him as a silent if he has a future date when he wants to commit. The staff need to stop with this all eggs in one basket mess and cover their bases.

I think the issue here is the fact the parents also told the staff the kid was signing here. AND the STA connection would lead you to think the commitment would be honorable. I would imagine that won't happen again.

Advertisement
The good news is this just opens up another schalorship for somebody that wants to be here. Only the True Hurricanes at heart will sign here. They can go to something already built or do something Great and help rebuild something to be great, we on our way!

5 Titles in 9 years.... Puts more kids in the NFL than every one else as of late and people wonder why he went to Bama??? I mean I get you wanna keep local kids home but how as a high quality player can you say no to what Bama has to offer???

To be clear, Ivins didn’t say Baga would drop him. This is what he actually said “We’ll see if Miami ends up trying to get Ingraham back in for an official visit before the Early Signing Period. I’m not going to say that will happen, but the Crimson Tide have a lot of defensive linemen committed and some are curious to see how all of it plays.”

Normally I would say keep recruiting him but after reading from Ivins that the staff doubted he was coming here going back to Paradise camp but both he and his family kept reiterating to the staff that he was coming, I would completely cut contact with him. Wouldn’t invite him to our last two games. I wouldn’t give him an OV unless he publicly decommits from Baga (or gets dropped).

Advertisement
his source is saying its bc UVA. dont believe a word that dude and his 11 years of experience says. kid wanted to be at Bama and was using UM as a placeholder in case mom said no
Shut your soft a$$ up. This report confirms exactly what I told you *******.
I also never said that the UVA game was the only reason.

when you treat these kids like they treat the program, you have guys like uncle luke, chad wilson, etc *****ing
Stop blaming Luke and start blaming your corching staph! Chad Wilson all but said Folden would be fired for being stubborn and look what happened! Tried to recruit Quincy as a safety and the kid ended up being a high round corner!

Advertisement
To be clear, Ivins didn’t say Baga would drop him. This is what he actually said “We’ll see if Miami ends up trying to get Ingraham back in for an official visit before the Early Signing Period. I’m not going to say that will happen, but the Crimson Tide have a lot of defensive linemen committed and some are curious to see how all of it plays.”

Normally I would say keep recruiting him but after reading from Ivins that the staff doubted he was coming here going back to Paradise camp but both he and his family kept reiterating to the staff that he was coming, I would completely cut contact with him. Wouldn’t invite him to our last two games. I wouldn’t give him an OV unless he publicly decommits from Baga (or gets dropped).

I dont want him period. He isnt the only DT in da country

Advertisement
Advertisement
I fully expect Miami to strikeout in all his remaining targets at DT and struggle to fill the IL slots. The season was killed by the pathetic, ininspired display of the UV game and Richt decision along with the UF season. We have no momentum we are the joke in the state and for some reason local recruits use that ascthe excuse to go out.

**** troll. Don’t be so obvious.

This kid was a sellout using us as a placeholder.

Simple as that.

Him along w many others. I posted an article in one of these threads. That’s our perception right now; we’re the faithful girlfriend that’s always there just in case the other chick u crushing on don’t work out. We’re going to continue this perception by losing to teams like UVA or going on long losing streaks.

I know it sounds like sour grapes, but does anyone still believe that saban (or any other human) has the ability to talk others into changing their mind quite as often as he does? There's nothing to say to a kid about your program/school that you haven't already said, so I wonder what it is that people who don't believe in bags think goes on?

Advertisement
Back