Influential South Florida players

Meh.. I think your wrong Swagga...your just rustled that Miami sucks and were not getting some of the top guysm, and your looking for an excuse. Most people want to go to winners. Thats why so many of kids that grew up in my era are Cowboy fans. Guarantee you if Miami was 11-1 or 12-0 like FSU we would be getting more of these guys. Your thinking too hard.

Advertisement
Just curious..Which guys do you think would have jumped on board if we had gone 11-1? Rudolph and Lane seem like they just didnt want to come here. Cook was gone before the **** season even started! JC isnt lost just yet..So who?

Meh.. I think your wrong Swagga...your just rustled that Miami sucks and were not getting some of the top guysm, and your looking for an excuse. Most people want to go to winners. Thats why so many of kids that grew up in my era are Cowboy fans. Guarantee you if Miami was 11-1 or 12-0 like FSU we would be getting more of these guys. Your thinking too hard.

If you've ever had a friend that is constantly pumping **** into your head then you know it can be influential. Between Freeman & Quincy, Dalvin Cook has been listening to anti-UM propaganda for over a year now. I think it's foolish to assume that had zero effect. Of course winning solves this, but right now we aren't winning enough and we have to try and figure out how to get there. The easiest/quickest way is to hire an Xs/Os genius on offense like a Briles or Malzahn, but we don't have that. The second best way is to acquire better talent, and we've got a very real issue right now with some of SoFla's elite players feeling like they're too good to play at UM. That has to get fixed.

THIS RIGHT HERE!!!! OUR 4 and 5 star studs from the Tri-county are laughing at the guy who started this thread.

You can rah-rah it all you want, but Sony Michel, Dalvin Cook, Alex Collins, Treon Harris, Travis Rudolph, Ermon Lane, Johnnie Dixon, and Matthew Thomas make this a much more talented roster for a coaching staff that desperately needs gamebreakers. The bravado's great until you're sitting in front of the television watching Lousiville run a train on your favorite team and mock them the whole time.

Swagger I'm sick of guys like you making it seem like we can stop players from leaving.. Didn't you read Jassid82 post.. Miami has been losing studs forever. I started following in 1984. and I remember us losing out on some sure fire studs...

We need better coaching period.. We have the horses... especially after watching Oklahoma dismantle Alabama.... I know we can win. and win big.

THIS RIGHT HERE!!!! OUR 4 and 5 star studs from the Tri-county are laughing at the guy who started this thread.

You can rah-rah it all you want, but Sony Michel, Dalvin Cook, Alex Collins, Treon Harris, Travis Rudolph, Ermon Lane, Johnnie Dixon, and Matthew Thomas make this a much more talented roster for a coaching staff that desperately needs gamebreakers. The bravado's great until you're sitting in front of the television watching Lousiville run a train on your favorite team and mock them the whole time.

Swagger I'm sick of guys like you making it seem like we can stop players from leaving.. Didn't you read Jassid82 post.. Miami has been losing studs forever. I started following in 1984. and I remember us losing out on some sure fire studs...

We need better coaching period.. We have the horses... especially after watching Oklahoma dismantle Alabama.... I know we can win. and win big.

My post has nothing to do with better coaching. Of course we need better coaching. I don't see a lot of changes being made there, though, and we don't have Xs and Os geniuses at the coordinator spots, it seems clear. If you don't have Xs and Os gurus, you better have a lot of talent, and guys that can be DIFFERENCE MAKERS. I've followed recruiting heavily since around 1992.... I know about Lamont Green and the like. Those kids left, but they were generally exceptional. It's no longer exceptional. The only period I would say that was similar was 95-98 when FSU was getting virtually everyone, and it took Butch Davis, arguably one of the best talent evaluators in history, several years to get there. I don't think Golden is Butch Davis in that regard, and recruiting isn't the same anymore either. If you don't have Xs and Os guys and you're letting swarms of elite kids escape, well..... you get what we've had the last 10 years.

We pretty clearly have a cultural issue right now in South Florida, and it has to change somehow.

Advertisement
Been saying it forever. Take Treon and then let Ice work for us in the community. You can either try to steamroll the community, take your chances, and likely fail, or you can play chess.

Anyone that's ever been successful at anything for a prolonged period of time knows the answer.

Been saying it forever. Take Treon and then let Ice work for us in the community. You can either try to steamroll the community, take your chances, and likely fail, or you can play chess.

Anyone that's ever been successful at anything for a prolonged period of time knows the answer.

Yep. I loved the bravado approach at one time, but I no longer think it's the answer.

Swagger is a good dude and usually pretty level headed. He's not really one of the debbie downers around here usually, think he's just gone into a real funk over the way our season ended and is getting caught up with all the endless negative whining in here.

This is the same sh*t always dude. And you are right. Its all B.S. Been hearing this same song and dance every year from the early 80s on. OMG UF is getting everybody. OMG FSU is getting everybody. Our guys suck. Team XYZ is taking whoever the want from So Fla. We need a coach that can rebuild the "State of Miami". "Time to put a wall back around So Fla". Which has been the same mantra since the mid 80s as if it ever existed to begin with.

Butch Davis wasnt getting ANY of those super studs. FSU was cleaning up in South Florida under Butch, and all people did was whine and b*tch about how all the studs were going to Tallahassee. I also remember the EUPHORIA when we landed Kenny Kelly. Mr Football in Florida. We finally got a super star "cant miss" recruit that was going to save the world. And he basically got surpassed by the skinny kid from California that everyone thought was an afterthought when he came in.

There have always been Front Runners in South Florida that will go to whatever program is "hot". Right now its FSU. Before that it was UF under Meyer. Despite this, we have a **** of a class right now, including MANY top South Florida ballers. Think of the difference between that and what it was when Golden was first hired.

I dont know if Golden will be a great coach, or not. But I do know he will do better with better talent, and he's bringing that in. We have a **** nice class right now, and we need to keep it together and get it qualified. All this wining about Rudolph or Lane or JC Jackson, whatever, most of that would be icing on the cake. We KILLED it in most of the KEY areas where we NEEDED important recruits. Now we just have to hold it together.

Wasnt that what we were hoping for under Randy? Ice was on the **** STAFF brother. And many top kids flew RIGHT up to Gainesville. Meyer had a field day getting whoever he wanted. Randy and Ice for all their "local" juice got ONE good class where they cleaned up in So Fla, and that was because it was Randy's main hook at MNW. After that they got jack sh*t. So why would you take such a risk with Treon in the hope that Ice Harris is suddenly going to get us all these studs? Do you really want a Marve/Jacory situation again? Chase away most of the other QBs on the roster, and if/when Treon falters, then what? F*CK THAT.

Advertisement

You are aware that you can spend all the time recruiting and a kid can leave you high and dry with never having intentions of really considering your school.

Agree, but I don't think those guys were lost because we didn't recruit the SoFla Pied Pipers.

Besides, Yearby is a legend in his own right.

The problem is the frontrunner mentality. We have to get good again, by any means necessary.

You are aware that you can spend all the time recruiting and a kid can leave you high and dry with never having intentions of really considering your school.

I'm well aware of that.

Agree, but I don't think those guys were lost because we didn't recruit the SoFla Pied Pipers.

Besides, Yearby is a legend in his own right.

The problem is the frontrunner mentality. We have to get good again, by any means necessary.

THIS. This is what these guys DONT get. Its hilarious. Suddenly Cook is the brain behind every South Florida stud. LOL. First it was going to be Winky Flowers who everyone followed. Then it was Treon. Now its Cook. Next it will be someone else that every one wants to play with. Its always the kid that is going somewhere else.

As if Yearby, Chad Thomas, and Trayone Gray dont have any juice and respect and know people in this community.

Advertisement

My post has nothing to do with better coaching. Of course we need better coaching. I don't see a lot of changes being made there, though, and we don't have Xs and Os geniuses at the coordinator spots, it seems clear. If you don't have Xs and Os gurus, you better have a lot of talent, and guys that can be DIFFERENCE MAKERS. I've followed recruiting heavily since around 1992.... I know about Lamont Green and the like. Those kids left, but they were generally exceptional. It's no longer exceptional. The only period I would say that was similar was 95-98 when FSU was getting virtually everyone, and it took Butch Davis, arguably one of the best talent evaluators in history, several years to get there. I don't think Golden is Butch Davis in that regard, and recruiting isn't the same anymore either. If you don't have Xs and Os guys and you're letting swarms of elite kids escape, well..... you get what we've had the last 10 years.

We pretty clearly have a cultural issue right now in South Florida, and it has to change somehow.

AGAIN, maybe you are right, AGAIN, we heard this last year, yet we have of the top 10 from south florida we have the most studs and they were committed before we heard from the NCAA. We lose kids every year! We win more games, we may keep Sony and the others go. AGAIN, let's see what happens now that we are free of the NCAA stuff!

I'll be happy as **** when Treon goes to FSU, doesn't cut the cheese at QB, and gets moved to DB rather quickly. Then he walks around pouting all the time with all the ******* 305 kids he took there with him. It will happen.

Advertisement

Didn't Ice work for us just a couple years ago?

THIS. This is what these guys DONT get. Its hilarious. Suddenly Cook is the brain behind every South Florida stud. LOL. First it was going to be Winky Flowers who everyone followed. Then it was Treon. Now its Cook. Next it will be someone else that every one wants to play with. Its always the kid that is going somewhere else.

As if Yearby, Chad Thomas, and Trayone Gray dont have any juice and respect and know people in this community.

All I know is that I'm watching Teddy Bridgewater drop bombs while Morris backed up by Gray Crow struggles to get first downs, and Alex Collins, Sony Michel, and Dalvin Cook - three guys who will all absolutely be ELITE national players if they stay healthy - saying 'see ya!' while we have an undersized, below average speed slot WR as our best option at running back for half the season. You can't keep pretending everything will be OK.... it hasn't been OK for 10 years. We don't have Xs & Os gurus or Butch Davis evaluation. We better start making sure that Sony Michel is an exception and not annually part of a group that that looks like Dalvin Cook, Ermon Lane, Travis Rudolph, Johnnie Dixon, and JC Jackson.

Pretty sure I was told last year that we wouldn't get Chad or any BTW players this year. Now it's we need to take the pied pipers.

Every cycle has it's own dynamics.

All I know is that I'm watching Teddy Bridgewater drop bombs while Morris backed up by Gray Crow struggles to get first downs, and Alex Collins, Sony Michel, and Dalvin Cook - three guys who will all absolutely be ELITE national players if they stay healthy - saying 'see ya!' while we have an undersized, below average speed slot WR as our best option at running back for half the season. You can't keep pretending everything will be OK.... it hasn't been OK for 10 years. We don't have Xs & Os gurus or Butch Davis evaluation. We better start making sure that Sony Michel is an exception and not annually part of a group that that looks like Dalvin Cook, Ermon Lane, Travis Rudolph, Johnnie Dixon, and JC Jackson.

Bridgewater he was coming here with Shannon. Who wants to play for a program with so much turmoil. Did you see the team performance the years prior to that. I'm under the theory that Wright and Harris got screwed because of the staff turmoil. Let's see what Golden can do with the Duke/Howard class as the foundation and this years class as another step.

Dallas Crawford will be 4th string this year. Alex C. was going to where his mentor sent him, even if it was to Bobby Jones University!

As for the rest, come on man!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back