Incoming receivers

Advertisement
Coley will be best WR on team the minutes he steps onto Greentree. It will just be a matter of time until he learns the playbook.

I don't expect Griffin to be on campus this year. He has to cram four years of high school into a single year.

Can anyone who's watched both Coley and Amari Cooper live (on more than one occasion) compare the two? And do you think it's possible that he would be able to make that kind of impact as a freshman.

Can anyone who's watched both Coley and Amari Cooper live (on more than one occasion) compare the two? And do you think it's possible that he would be able to make that kind of impact as a freshman.

They're different type of receivers. Some have disagreed with me, but I think Coley will have a more difficult time making the immediate impact that Cooper did because he's in a very different situation (in terms of other guys at his position, his body type and what he'd be asked to do). I think Coley can flash an impact. I just don't know if he's in the position to do what Cooper did.

Advertisement

They're different type of receivers. Some have disagreed with me, but I think Coley will have a more difficult time making the immediate impact that Cooper did because he's in a very different situation (in terms of other guys at his position, his body type and what he'd be asked to do). I think Coley can flash an impact. I just don't know if he's in the position to do what Cooper did.

It's hard to predict timing of impact because it depends on who's around the kid, a new OC (in the case of UM), learning the playbook and maturity and physical readiness.

I've said that I think Coley's a better WR prospect than Cooper, but it strikes me as highly unlikely that Coley is our leading WR this year, so I don't think I'm saying he'll have the first year impact that Cooper did. And it's possible his first year impact will be significantly muted, depending on the foregoing factors.

That said, Coley's more explosive and has more unique ability, IMO.

Not true, his has the grades to get in but its his test scores that will get him to the promise land. He had to take the SAT (I believe) again to get in.
I don't expect Griffin to be on campus this year. He has to cram four years of high school into a single year.

Malcolm Lewis is my favorite. The ways he gets open! I mean, he's slippery as snot on a doorknob, and THEN, if the ball is in his general vicinity - he's coming down with it.

Scott - looking forward to seeing him play!

And the others lookin' gooooooooooood.

Cant believe how fans disrespect Hurns 5 th best ..... I think not top three....imo he is a beast

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back