Incoming receivers

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
I was watching a video that ranked Griffin the #2 WR in the country and Coley #3.

http://youtu.be/WYa9SzM4f0k

What do you think their impact will be this season? Does Griffin stay at WR or will he be a hybrid TE and try and RS to add weight.

Also how do you rank our returning WR's this year?

Dorsett
Scott
Waters
Hurns
Lewis
Lockhart (possible RS)
Carter
Jones

Can't wait for Spring practice to resume. I'm jonesing for reports!!!

Advertisement
I'd like Griffin to stay at WR until he proves he shouldn't be out there. Calvin Johnson could have been made a TE. Not necessary to automatically convert everyone 6'4 and over. Plus how tall is he really? Listed at 6'7 coming out of high school usually means he's really 6'5. 6'5 230 by a JR, while gaining speed and he's a beast.

Dorsett
Scott
Waters
Hurns
Lewis
Lockhart (possible RS)
Carter
Jones

I would rank Lewis higher. IMO, he will eventually be the best of the bunch.

Agreed D. Lewis just has that feel for the position and amazing hands and I think if he would have stayed healthy he would most likely be at the top of everyone's list.

Nothing against the other guys but Malc has incredible polish for a young guy.

Advertisement
I love Malcolm Lewis - how much of an impact do you feel his injury will have on him DMoney???

Kid made effortless moves into space before the injury. Unlike Duke who makes jaw dropping cuts, Lewis just seems to migrate into space without a lot of effort.

I'd like Griffin to stay at WR until he proves he shouldn't be out there. Calvin Johnson could have been made a TE. Not necessary to automatically convert everyone 6'4 and over. Plus how tall is he really? Listed at 6'7 coming out of high school usually means he's really 6'5. 6'5 230 by a JR, while gaining speed and he's a beast.

He's a big-time hoops recruit. They tend to be listed pretty accurately for height. I bet he's closer to 6'7" than 6'5".

Agree with you 100% on the rest, though.

Advertisement
I love Malcolm Lewis - how much of an impact do you feel his injury will have on him DMoney???

I heard he should be fully recovered by May. It was not as catastrophic as it appeared.

I really hope so!

Fully cleared to participate and fully recovered back to form are definitely 2 different things. I really hope he can get to the latter prior to the season.

BleacherReport has Griffin at WR so he's a WR.

CASE CLOSED

guys, it's Bleacher Report!!!

Dorsett
Scott
Waters
Hurns
Lewis
Lockhart (possible RS)
Carter
Jones

Loved Lewis last year (that post is somewhere in the archives). I'm just weary of what the heck happens post that injury.

For now, I'd flip Waters and Hurns on that list.

Advertisement

Dorsett
Scott
Waters
Hurns
Lewis
Lockhart (possible RS)
Carter
Jones

Loved Lewis last year (that post is somewhere in the archives). I'm just weary of what the heck happens post that injury.

For now, I'd flip Waters and Hurns on that list.
+ 1, assuming for all of it we're talking about this year and not future potential rankings.

Advertisement

I heard he should be fully recovered by May. It was not as catastrophic as it appeared.

i remember when that happened when you saw it at first it didnt look that bad, then when they showed the replay i was pretty bad, i had the the joe theisman reaction to that play

Advertisement
Back