Incoming Freshman

Advertisement
Advertisement
I understand Griffen but if coley doesn't get in I'm gonna be ****ed as ****, two elite receiver prospects in a row not getting in cuz of grades would be ridiculous

Some kids don't hear back from the clearinghouse until after camp starts. I can't remember names, but I know several players weren't confirmed all the way until the end of August, and recall at least one or two cases where a player passed UM admissions but was pulled off the team when the clearinghouse flagged something. So I'm not sure anything is a lock until the first game is played.

I had forgotten about Griffin. If he and Coley both make it in with Corn and Gus, and most importantly Olsen, this year's class is actually excellent. For all the weeping any crying over the ones we didn't get, Golden and staff reaped rather nicely. With everyone chasing all the WR talent this year, maybe we can snag 3 or 4 high end DTs. We can actually afford to miss on most of the WRs in 2014 if all the 2013 kids make it.

Olsen, Gus and Coley have no issues whatsoever in being admitted into UM...the two to be concerned with is Elder and Griffin...

I had forgotten about Griffin. If he and Coley both make it in with Corn and Gus, and most importantly Olsen, this year's class is actually excellent. For all the weeping any crying over the ones we didn't get, Golden and staff reaped rather nicely. With everyone chasing all the WR talent this year, maybe we can snag 3 or 4 high end DTs. We can actually afford to miss on most of the WRs in 2014 if all the 2013 kids make it.

Advertisement
Olsen, Gus and Coley have no issues whatsoever in being admitted into UM...the two to be concerned with is Elder and Griffin...

Elder is good to go.

I thougt it was Griffin and Bond?

IIRC, I'd add Dr No and The Man with a Golden Gun. Both are OOS guys. Can't never tell.

One other serious note: Coley aside, the three kids we're hearing travails of are in fact OOS. I don't know which savvys with the truth: that OOS kids have a harder time getting into UM; that there's in general less information and consequently certainty about their finalized standing; or if it's just a tougher burden to get accurate, certifiable information on those student-athletes.

Advertisement
I keep seeing Corn's name pop up in these type of discussions. I guess anything could happen, but Corn went to a private school, him not qualifying would be bad for business.

Only kid I'm worried about is Griffin.

I swear people just throw random names out there when talking about Clearinghouse issues to **** with people.

Names pop up out of nowhere.

Advertisement
Sorry to bump this thread, but is there an actual (not hyperbolized) list of the 2013 class that is unlikely/questionable to get in?

I checked the roster this morning and saw the following people weren't on it yet, so I wanted to know who is waiting to get cleared and who might not make it at all-

Coley
AQM
Griffin
Ufomba (what's up here?)
Gus Edwards
Bond
Ryheem
Elder

If a guy is not yet registered as a student he cannot be on the official roster. Note that Olsen isn't listed either (as of this posting.)

Advertisement
Back