In your opinion where does FSUck

The key is to stop Coleman. Wilson uses his size well and our starting CB’s are tiny. Don’t let Benson get rolling downhill because that’s when he’s a load to stop. Tofili sucks so I don’t think they have any depth there since Ward portaled out. Contain Travis from taking off for a big run on a broken play. When he’s under pressure, he has a tendency to just throw it up for grabs to his big wr like Klubnik does.

Their DT are solid stuffing the run and Verse is decent off the edge but not a scary top 10 pick. Payton and whoever else is on the edge are underwhelming. Not sure who their LB’s are but the guy from UCF is a solid run stuffer. They got that one good transfer corner but not sure how he’s doing so the DB’s are probably beatable.

Our bigs are much better than theirs on both sides, so we just have to beat on them for four quarters until they break. Long possessions will help because their offense can be explosive and pull out a big play, so our safeties can’t gamble.

Advertisement
FSU’s defense sucks. Terrible against the run. They don’t get sack or TFLs. The only reason they are 35th in pass defense is because everyone runs on them.

I am using the verbiage that was posted here for the week leading up to the Clemson game, in regards to what Clemson is now. Regardless of how it happened, FSU found the way to win those games.

I’ll digress tho. I get it. It’s FSU so it’s always goin to be they’re overrated.

I hope you all are right and we prove them to be as fraudulent as everyone believes them to be.
Me I'm pretty sure I said I see them as equal to us. I don't believe we're a dominant team and I most certainly don't believe they are either. But nowhere did I say they're a fraud and I have no clue what the football savants on here have to say as I normally skim over things and forget it just as quick. Don't put words in my mouth though please and thanks.

I think they are a very good team better overall than every other team we play this season. In my opinion they have arguably the 2nd or 3rd best defense we will see (Clemson is better on d) and the 1st or 2nd best offense we will see (an argument can be made that UNC has a better o). That being said if we play well and come in healthy we can beat them.
Of coure we are the MIAMI HURRICANES. nothing will stand in our way also cause of OUR coodinations and TVD will light it up if our OLINE.

Advertisement
Me I'm pretty sure I said I see them as equal to us. I don't believe we're a dominant team and I most certainly don't believe they are either. But nowhere did I say they're a fraud and I have no clue what the football savants on here have to say as I normally skim over things and forget it just as quick. Don't put words in my mouth though please and thanks.

Their offense is definitely better than ours. Coleman is a Top 5 WR in the country, Wilson is a Day 2 pick at worst, and Travis is an excellent college QB in the sense that he can run around Sandlot style and make plays, and does all the time. Where they seem worse to me this year vs last is in the run game...they are not nearly as consistent as they were last year as far as gaining positive yardage every time they hand it to Benson and Toafili, and also Travis isn't flat running nearly as much as he was last year (although he finally did last week vs Duke). But I'll be shocked if we hold them under, say, 24 points. Unless they turn it over a bunch, which doesn't usually happen. They're a veteran bunch, they only have 4 turnovers in 7 games, which is 3rd fewest in the country. We have 13 turnovers in 7 games, for comparison. So if they don't turn it over, again which is standard for them, I just don't see our defense holding them to the low 20's or fewer.

But that's fine, because IMO we can score on them. TVD should have plenty of time to throw, and I like the matchups of our WRs vs their DBs. I also feel like we can run the ball successfully against them. They have given up over 100 rushing yards in every single game this season, including over 200 to VT and almost 200 (197) to Duke. Even Clemson's garbage *** offense got almost 150 on them.

Get a couple timely stops on defense, don't let them get the gigantic chunk plays in the run game that they've gotten the last few weeks, and control the LOS when we have the ball, and this will be a close game.

Also, 2nd half adjustments have been huge for them. They are 3rd in the country in 2nd half points (we are 11th, by the way). If we have it close or have a lead at the half, we have to understand they are going to adjust and they're a veteran team, they are going to get stronger in the 2nd half. We need to match that.

Advertisement
Back