In the year 2000...

I remember this game like yesterday, to come to the defense of Vick, he was not 100% at all maybe 50%....but we still would have won by 2 Td's.

Advertisement
how about that punk corner on vt that sticks his leg out to trip santana moss because he got burned watch the 10:18 mark

Shockey still our best tight end all time - best hands and tuff, speedy yacs downfield. Guy was moving on that score.

Yeah now we have TE like Jerome Washington and Standish Dobard rumbling down the field at offensive lineman like forty speed of 4.94 and 4.88 respectively

Clive walford was never a burner but he was very good here too.. Stan looks a lot faster than his 40 may indicate.

Much love for every Cane who's played here. Watching Clive develop or being hopeful that Standish does too is one thing - and I look forward to seeing that happen (and maybe Clive takes off in the pros). But...strictly speaking college career, watching that film of Shockey emphasized how exceptional he was from day one. Maybe Jimmy, if he played TE rather than basketball here, would have been better maybe? - I think it's likely. At any rate, the talent on that field, man for man.....yikes.

Clive was a good TE here but he isn't the dynamic TE that franks, shockey, and winslow were because he lacks elite speed for a TE. He will struggle in the pro's to gain separation due to that.

I was five... **** what a team

Wow, I truly feel sorry for hurricane fans like you. You got to see about two great seasons then the slow destruction of a once great program.

^^This. My son will turn 6 and I'm afraid he may be a full grown adult before he sees what type of team Miami can build based on the wealth of local recruits. I don't see how anyone can have a positive outlook on this upcoming season. Defense may take a step forward (doubt it) but the offense most certainly will take a step backwards after losing so much offensive talent.

Advertisement
Shockey still our best tight end all time - best hands and tuff, speedy yacs downfield. Guy was moving on that score.

Yeah now we have TE like Jerome Washington and Standish Dobard rumbling down the field at offensive lineman like forty speed of 4.94 and 4.88 respectively

Clive walford was never a burner but he was very good here too.. Stan looks a lot faster than his 40 may indicate.

Much love for every Cane who's played here. Watching Clive develop or being hopeful that Standish does too is one thing - and I look forward to seeing that happen (and maybe Clive takes off in the pros). But...strictly speaking college career, watching that film of Shockey emphasized how exceptional he was from day one. Maybe Jimmy, if he played TE rather than basketball here, would have been better maybe? - I think it's likely. At any rate, the talent on that field, man for man.....yikes.

Clive was a good TE here but he isn't the dynamic TE that franks, shockey, and winslow were because he lacks elite speed for a TE. He will struggle in the pro's to gain separation due to that.

Pretty impressive string we had here from Shockey, Winslow, Olsen, and Jimmy Graham (if only a blip in his one year). Falloff after that is noticeable. Would love to see a guy at TE who stabs every ball and runs past people and treats the end zone as his private property.

SMFH! We would've smashed OU that year.

Without a doubt we would have embarassed OU with that ***** Josh Heupel

Im a die hard cane fan but guys..

they basically shut out FSU who put up how many points on us? WE pulled away from UF at the end who lost to FSU 35-7 also..

OU wouldn't have beat UM but we would have blown them out? I'm not so sure about that

FSU shut themselves out with 13 dropped passes. They came into that game extremely over confident and out of shape. OU had less to do with that "shutout" than FSU did. The plays were there for FSU, all night, and they didn't make them. UM would have made those plays and buried OU. Period.

they basically shut out FSU who put up how many points on us? WE pulled away from UF at the end who lost to FSU 35-7 also..

OU wouldn't have beat UM but we would have blown them out? I'm not so sure about that

Several things:
1) It's refreshing to see a defense that actually attacked the offense, including sacking the qb, lb's allowed to come down hill and attack the read option play
2) It's refreshing to see how live our fans were, even throwing oranges on the field
3) It's refreshing to see how a FREE SAFETY was actually allowed to play FREE.
4) It's refreshing to see an offense that was actually up-tempo and wasn't held stagnant with a "check with me" system

HOWEVER,
looking at this infuriates me even more so for several reasons:
1) WE SHOULD'VE been in that national championship game. Between 00-01 and 02-03 that's two titles that should be held in our name
2) ANYONE who continues to defend Golden's system need to watch this, and it's sad how just a few years ago we were this dominant and now we are whisting away in mediocrity.
3) Butch Davis is not back here rebuilding our program to elite status. Butch's name still echos among many, INCLUDING those who are tiny bits in high school right now. The admin needs to do the right thing and hire Butch back.

Advertisement
FSU shut themselves out with 13 dropped passes. They came into that game extremely over confident and out of shape. OU had less to do with that "shutout" than FSU did. The plays were there for FSU, all night, and they didn't make them. UM would have made those plays and buried OU. Period.

Great points! Also, FSU was missing their best receiver (Snoop Minnis) and their best corner got knocked out of the game early. OK got a depleted FSU team that had no running game and could no longer rely on their normally explosive passing game.

Advertisement
Back