In the year 2000...

Advertisement
What's shocking is that we've stayed down for so long. There are always going to be down periods, but 10+ years should NEVER happen at UM. That's poor management at the very top.
It's shocking how far we have fallen.

Can anybody find the Washington game from that, haven't had any luck finding it. I wanna see if I can confirm if that PI call was as bad as I thought it was.

Pathetic that we beat the #1 team in the country, then whooped the heck out of the #2 team, and didn't play for the national title.

Yeah. Butch and the team really got cheated that year.

Those guys Butch put together were three deep - top players. And as the team you saw in that video graduated over the next few years, that team Butch put together was the last of our greatness.

With Butch, everyone, especially the players expected to win.

With Golden, well, doo-doo. We don't expect to win, we don't scheme to win, we got too many problems with darkness, clouds, crowd noise, on and on and on.

Advertisement
I remember being in the Wez during warmups with the "Overrated!" chant goin for Mike Vick. Good times!

Easily the dumbest statement in sports. Why in the world would one want to cheapen a win by saying a player or team is overrated? No, we beat a good player and team, we're just better.

I remember being in the Wez during warmups with the "Overrated!" chant goin for Mike Vick. Good times!

Easily the dumbest statement in sports. Why in the world would one want to cheapen a win by saying a player or team is overrated? No, we beat a good player and team, we're just better.

Pregame chant messing with him right in front of us WARMING UP. Chill out.

Pregame chant messing with him right in front of us WARMING UP. Chill out.

That's some Swag just like our stomping of the Cardinal....but we won this time.

No worries, I'm chill as can be.

Advertisement
Shockey still our best tight end all time - best hands and tuff, speedy yacs downfield. Guy was moving on that score.

Shockey still our best tight end all time - best hands and tuff, speedy yacs downfield. Guy was moving on that score.

Yeah now we have TE like Jerome Washington and Standish Dobard rumbling down the field at offensive lineman like forty speed of 4.94 and 4.88 respectively

Vick wasn't himself that day, but it wouldn't have mattered even if he was at full strength. Davenport, I sometimes forget how talented he was because of all the talent around him. Man, seeing Ed pick one off and house it....That never gets old.

Davenport could have been so much better had he never torn his ACL in 99'.

Seems impossible that in just a few years, we'd become what we are now....a weakazz midmajor with a putrid coaching staff that will lead us to 4 wins at best. This admins and BOT and their cheap coaching hires should be run out of town for this! Rich douche bag pansies!

Advertisement

Yeah now we have TE like Jerome Washington and Standish Dobard rumbling down the field at offensive lineman like forty speed of 4.94 and 4.88 respectively

Clive walford was never a burner but he was very good here too.. Stan looks a lot faster than his 40 may indicate.

1 more year guys. thats all we hafta suffer. then butch will bring us back. they cant keep us down. we dont ******* deserve it.

Advertisement

Clive walford was never a burner but he was very good here too.. Stan looks a lot faster than his 40 may indicate.

Much love for every Cane who's played here. Watching Clive develop or being hopeful that Standish does too is one thing - and I look forward to seeing that happen (and maybe Clive takes off in the pros). But...strictly speaking college career, watching that film of Shockey emphasized how exceptional he was from day one. Maybe Jimmy, if he played TE rather than basketball here, would have been better maybe? - I think it's likely. At any rate, the talent on that field, man for man.....yikes.

I was five... **** what a team

Wow, I truly feel sorry for hurricane fans like you. You got to see about two great seasons then the slow destruction of a once great program.

How true. To have missed all those years where the only road to NC was though Miami and the OB is sad. The hatred, fear, envy and awe of those years is a feeling like none other. Even the NC games we lost live on. Many of them are the greatest victories ever of the teams that beat us. We even hold a dominant place in ND lore -- hate them or not, that is something.

Having been there from the Flop to today, the sad thing is that all we frigging need is a decent coach and let the players be Canes and it is on again. Doesn't even need to be great coach, just a hungry decent coach with NFL aspirations. Larry, Randy and Al are all nesters, looking to stay forever like joe pa and St Bobby. Heck even Al might win an NC if you give him 30 frigging years, but this is THE U and it is Miami where life is fast, sweet, short and lived in bursts; not some trailer park or isolated shower town. It is a crime that the BOT and administration has been allowed to do this. A massive asset wasted because some people could not stand the heat of greatness.

Advertisement
Back