In the late 70's....

fraggle

Senile Senior
Burger King gave away free Miami Hurricane football tickets. Did anyone here use those or become a fan due to those tickets. Also in the 80's for 100 dollars you could buy a season end zone pass that allowed 2 adults and 3 students entry but they never checked if the 3 students were adults and you found a seat where ever you could and many moved into the main part of the stadium since attendance was rather slim.

Now the Chick-Fil-A kickoff game tickets start at 287 dollars, how times have changed yet our Canes are worth today's prices. Fortunately the first game at Hard Rock the tickets start at 27 dollars but its Appalachian. State Season can't get here fast enough.

Advertisement
Burger King gave away free Miami Hurricane football tickets. Did anyone here use those or become a fan due to those tickets. Also in the 80's for 100 dollars you could buy a season end zone pass that allowed 2 adults and 3 students entry but they never checked if the 3 students were adults and you found a seat where ever you could and many moved into the main part of the stadium since attendance was rather slim.

Now the Chick-Fil-A kickoff game tickets start at 287 dollars, how times have changed yet our Canes are worth today's prices. Fortunately the first game at Hard Rock the tickets start at 27 dollars but its Appalachian. State Season can't get here fast enough.
In 1984 my parents bought the 2 adults 3 kids Family Plan and had those until I went to UM in 1994. My sister and I would swap bringing a friend to the games. Growing up in the West End Zone was awesome!!!

Semper Canes!!!

I hear you. In the movie The U, they explain how attendance dropped during the 70's resulting in those giveaways.

I have so much going on that I can't do season tickets, but I can get really good secondary market tickets for a single game once in a while.

Maybe if we get a Classifieds section it will help us get access to good tickets at a decent price.

As a kid, I remember getting those tickets with my Burger King meal. I gave them to random strangers bc I was fortunate that my family had season tickets. I was about 11 years old so it was around 1977 or so.

Advertisement
E9CF2769-7389-47C3-95E5-97CED160ADCB.gif

In 1984 my parents bought the 2 adults 3 kids Family Plan and had those until I went to UM in 1994. My sister and I would swap bringing a friend to the games. Growing up in the West End Zone was awesome!!!

Semper Canes!!!
Yea I remember those as well. My dad would get those and make deals with people looking for scalped tickets outside the stadium.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I maintained 2 3000 card per minute card readers, fastest ever made and was accurate. The 80 column card was utilized as a standard even after they became obsolete. Those cards were great for making notes on, I still have some.

Advertisement
Back