In the last 10 years...

I started this thread because:

A. This time of year, like clockwork, lots of people start getting optimistic. I used to be one in the same. But, after a certain point, the unpleasant reality should start filtering in. In this case, the facts are irrefutable, our program used to talk about National Titles, then it switched to ACC titles, now it speaks of winning our division. Even with our own brand of the 'soft bigotry of lowered expectations', it's quite possible we, yet again, fail to meet that goal. And yet people still seem to deny the reality of where the program is at.

B. We all speak to the program's illustrious history, but, after a certain point, this legacy of mediocrity becomes as much a part of it as our glory years. Our initial run of success lasted from 1983-1994, and our brief resurgence, from 2000-2004. Our current period of ineptitude has reached 10 years. That's not a blip, not a phase, and it's threatening to become not just a period. It's threatening to become what our program is in summation: and that is mediocre.

Well said.

I did note a few times this spring that there was no enthusiasm for the 2015 season. This is the time of year when hope normally springs eternal, but not this year. There's nothing; Not even the blindest of optimists are expecting more than 7 or 8 wins, with most expecting a .500 season.

Advertisement
Ten years ago was Al's first year. Just gotta give it some time to process and let the results pillar itself into the new core value of canes football.

I started this thread because:

A. This time of year, like clockwork, lots of people start getting optimistic. I used to be one in the same. But, after a certain point, the unpleasant reality should start filtering in. In this case, the facts are irrefutable, our program used to talk about National Titles, then it switched to ACC titles, now it speaks of winning our division. Even with our own brand of the 'soft bigotry of lowered expectations', it's quite possible we, yet again, fail to meet that goal. And yet people still seem to deny the reality of where the program is at.

B. We all speak to the program's illustrious history, but, after a certain point, this legacy of mediocrity becomes as much a part of it as our glory years. Our initial run of success lasted from 1983-1994, and our brief resurgence, from 2000-2004. Our current period of ineptitude has reached 10 years. That's not a blip, not a phase, and it's threatening to become not just a period. It's threatening to become what our program is in summation: and that is mediocre.

We identified the CIS "Buzzkiller"

Bring Back Butch. It was HIS "Hit, Stick, Bust Dik" team.

It was Butch's teams that got cheated in 2000, won in 2001, and got cheated again in 2002.

Once his players graduated, we've sukked every since.

Get that man back here and let's quit fartin' around.

Bring Back Butch. It was HIS "Hit, Stick, Bust Dik" team.

It was Butch's teams that got cheated in 2000, won in 2001, and got cheated again in 2002.

Once his players graduated, we've sukked every since.

Get that man back here and let's quit fartin' around.

You will still find a total idiot to argue with you.

It's insane what has become of the Miami fanbase.

Advertisement
Shannon and Golden were hired first and foremost to "clean up" the image at Miami.

That means a zero tolerance attitude towards on and off field behavior.

Actual performance on the field is a distant second.
THIS! The admins just wanted a quiet, choirboy program. The fact that they destroyed it in the process was of no concern at all. Nonetheless, we had this horrific mess with the damned midget that went on right under their collective noses that they were absolutely CLUELESS about until it blew up in their faces. It's a lasting testament to their damned incompetence. Our football program is literally on life support and dying. Unless this new guy does something about it ASAP, it's over. Just a giant, awful cluster.

Disgusted doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about the Board, Shalala, Blake the Flake and our garbage Kiddie Fiddler U coaching staff. NAUSEATING! Hollywood couldn't come up with a worse clown script like this in a million years. We are the laughing stock of CFB and I see NOTHING to change my opinion in the future. Stinking garbage is what we have, just stinking CRAP!

Last edited:
In reality, Coker was just as bad or even worse than Shannon and Golden. He had a handpicked roster full of talent that Butch left and had good Asst. Coaches. Once all that was gone, you saw how bad he was.

Advertisement
Back