In the last 10 years...

Advertisement
A lot of facts up in here. How the administration tap dances around all of them still amazes me.

Hopefully Frenk cuts out the remaining cancers in James and Golden.

UM should watch Houstons new recruitment video. The president who is also a women says- "why have a top tier academic institution and not have a top tier athletic program." For Christ sake even Houston gets it.

UM should watch Houstons new recruitment video. The president who is also a women says- "why have a top tier academic institution and not have a top tier athletic program." For Christ sake even Houston gets it.

Though i agree, its texas if you dont talk about football you will be destroyed by everyone

Advertisement

[video=youtube_share;LqEYkVDWH88]http://youtu.be/LqEYkVDWH88[/video]

All true. The last ten plus years have been horrific. Still, would any Cane fan trade our "history" for any other team's "now". All the noles I know my age still glow red when I do their little chop off to the right or left. So they beat us when they have better players or coaches, on even fields we rip their heart out and show it to them as it stops beating. One day the administration will ***** up and hire a competent and all will tremble at us again.

WE had enough talent to go 10-2 last season. Even 9-3 would have been acceptable, given how bad we've been. The fact that we went 6-7 tells me something very very bad is happening in Coral Gables.

Advertisement
Man some of yall have miserable lives

Tell me about your grandiose life "cane since birth". If you are a "cane since birth" I'd have to imagine your last decade of existence has been a miserable pit of despair and suffering.

Pucking mental infants.

Lifes good, dwelling about the past of despair leads to more suffering and pain

2 things for that myopic point of view that you have adopted.

1: An old English proverb- A fool and his money are soon parted.
2: An oft quoted and mangled phrase from George Santayana "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

It is the head in the sand, faux bravado from superfans such as yourself that have helped foster the loser's mentality that permeates the Hect and all things Cane.

You should be ashamed of yourself for your apathy and lack of moral conviction. It is in fact "losers" such as yourself that have enabled the demise of what was once called the "Greatest dynasty since Caesar".

Your mental midgetry is a curse on those of us that refuse to accept the losers lifestyle.

Last edited:
Let's punish the current players and scare off recruits just because we're miserable about the past. Sounds like a great plan, friends. Are your faces feeling the spite?

The same Houston that can't hold onto any of its coaches the minute they experience a modicum of success? That program?

Advertisement

The same Houston that can't hold onto any of its coaches the minute they experience a modicum of success? That program?

Regardless. Atleast their president acknowledges the fact. You think Donna would say some thing like that? No... It wasn't a priority of hers. Miami is a top tier academic institution.... So should the 5x national champion football team.

I would find great irony in their HC having success this year, and Miami hiring him away from them.

Not likely to happen, because 1 year could be a fluke. But still ...

And I would find even greater irony in him having success, and then turning down Miami's offer to leave Houston ...

To your post ... It will be interesting to see if they can have some success AND keep their coach.

Regardless. Atleast their president acknowledges the fact. You think Donna would say some thing like that? No... It wasn't a priority of hers. Miami is a top tier academic institution.... So should the 5x national champion football team.

President Donna regularly talked about the importance of athletics in the the intercollegiate experience.

Advertisement
Man some of yall have miserable lives

Tell me about your grandiose life "cane since birth". If you are a "cane since birth" I'd have to imagine your last decade of existence has been a miserable pit of despair and suffering.

Pucking mental infants.

Lifes good, dwelling about the past of despair leads to more suffering and pain

2 things for that myopic point of view that you have adopted.

1: An old English proverb- A fool and his money are soon parted.
2: An oft quoted and mangled phrase from George Santayana "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

It is the head in the sand, faux bravado from superfans such as yourself that have helped foster the loser's mentality that permeates the Hect and all things Cane.

You should be ashamed of yourself for your apathy and lack of moral conviction. It is in fact "losers" such as yourself that have enabled the demise of what was once called the "Greatest dynasty since Caesar".

Your mental midgetry is a curse on those of us that refuse to accept the losers lifestyle.

Yea since i like losing and havent been saying i want golden gone on here right? My family used to donate and we stopped because of golden and the admin, what have you done? Besides looking up proverbs to counter my statement that sounded like one and BBBing

Last edited:
I started this thread because:

A. This time of year, like clockwork, lots of people start getting optimistic. I used to be one in the same. But, after a certain point, the unpleasant reality should start filtering in. In this case, the facts are irrefutable, our program used to talk about National Titles, then it switched to ACC titles, now it speaks of winning our division. Even with our own brand of the 'soft bigotry of lowered expectations', it's quite possible we, yet again, fail to meet that goal. And yet people still seem to deny the reality of where the program is at.

B. We all speak to the program's illustrious history, but, after a certain point, this legacy of mediocrity becomes as much a part of it as our glory years. Our initial run of success lasted from 1983-1994, and our brief resurgence, from 2000-2004. Our current period of ineptitude has reached 10 years. That's not a blip, not a phase, and it's threatening to become not just a period. It's threatening to become what our program is in summation: and that is mediocre.

Last edited:
The athletic department has been assisted in its apathy and ineptitude by selling us today's product at yesterday's prices.

By allowing them to profit off our old dreams of what's possible, it strikes me that we have been complicit in our own decline.

Give it time. Al and his crew will have us competing for the coastal soon enough. We just need to be patient

Advertisement
Back