In-state recruiting comparison

HurricaneUWW

Savvy Vet
Local recruiting is overrated imo. Very few kids nationwide are loyal and I would argue they are not obligated to be, nor should be. Staying local is no longer the answer imo. I am in a strong agreement with DMoney: Put an emphasis on local kids-stop letting them jerk us around and stop taking such early commitments, target OOS kids from large cities that fit culturally at Miami and wisely from Private Schools when possible. Any of us would be envious of UGAs class, yet looking at this article, what are they doing? Signing only 3/20 of the top GA kids according to the 247Composite. Obviously they recruited most or all of these guys but they didn’t lock into in-state guys. Just kept the train moving. Obviously we gotta perform better on the field to pull guys on that level, but there’s plenty of 4-star talent out there to be had. I think this strategy really makes a lot of sense going forward. Yeah I know this has been discussed at length, but given UGAs prowess on the trial, this was pretty eye-opening to me.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Georgia-football-recruiting-top-players-126752450/

Advertisement
The only thing that can save Miami at this point is a transcendent, once-in-a-generation quarterback, and much better coaching.

We ain’t getting either one of those.

Even if we sign fifteen 4/5 in 2020, like we did last year, this year’s abortion of a class will drag us down as long as they’re on the roster.

Face facts...

Alabama will win 4 championships in the next 5 years, and Miami won’t make the playoffs even once.

We’re not recruiting like a playoff team, we’re not hiring playoffs caliber coaches, we’re not doing what needs to be done. The results will reflect that reality.

FSU and UF will win championships again before Miami does. Maybe we sniff the coastal once or twice, but that’s our ceiling.

We’re basically Duke without the academics.

The only thing that can save Miami at this point is a transcendent, once-in-a-generation quarterback, and much better coaching.

Even if we sign fifteen 4/5 in 2020, like we did last year, this year’s abortion of a class will drag us down as long as they’re on the roster.

Face facts...

Alabama will win 4 championships in the next 5 years, and Miami won’t make the playoffs even once.

We’re not recruiting like a playoff team, we’re not hiring playoffs caliber coaches, we’re not doing what needs to be done. The results will reflect that reality.

FSU and UF will win championships again before Miami does. Maybe we sniff the coastal once or twice, but that’s our ceiling.

I’m not even including Richt and our administration right now. Just stating that locking down SFL was and never will be realistic imo. Zero loyalty from the majority of these kids, so we shouldn’t be loyal to them any more than they are to us. It doesn’t matter who the coach is, putting an over-emphasis on SFL kids will always yield poor results. They will just continue to leave us high and dry when the bagman comes calling at the 11th hour.

these kids didnt grow up watching miami be dominant. they didnt see what i saw. all our best pros are retired or about to retire. whats there to be loyal too a program that botches hires and then keeps coaches too long because as @Dwinstitles says they hold our admin hostage?
The admin cater to the wrong coaches every **** time. They extend before they deserve it....any little sign of success they give out lifetime contracts instead of extending consistency.

Advertisement

Face facts...

You had me interested up until all that semenhole and gayturd juggernaut ****.

Advertisement

Face facts...

This post is on point!! We wont ever hang with the big dogs, unless we get great coaching that can maximize any level of talent!!

Face facts...

To piggy back, why can’t Mia have support staffs like bama, Georgia, Clemson? In recruiting they have 10 -1 staff ratio. Same with coaches or analysts they call them.

Advertisement
Yea hes lost all momentum....uva was the day he got fired or u could say that game will eventually lead to his downward spiral and eventual firing

I had never been so dumbfounded in the last 15 years watching Miami football. But going back to Rosier and sticking with him sealed Richt's fate. The thing is, I remember telling people (outside of this forum) that when we were down 27-7 to FSU that Richt's done at Miami. I eventually got laughed at - in the end, I turned out to just call it a week earlier than I should have.

The admin cater to the wrong coaches every **** time. They extend before they deserve it....any little sign of success they give out lifetime contracts instead of extending consistency.

They're scarred. They were very reluctant to give a contract extension to Butch Davis, and he left because of it. Everything fell apart because Miami didn't want to extend him and give him a raise, so he bolted. Now, the admins are trying to make sure that doesn't happen again, so they jumped the gun (twice) when things looked like they got turned around.

They're scarred. They were very reluctant to give a contract extension to Butch Davis, and he left because of it. Everything fell apart because Miami didn't want to extend him and give him a raise, so he bolted. Now, the admins are trying to make sure that doesn't happen again, so they jumped the gun (twice) when things looked like they got turned around.
EVERYONE wanted him. Bama was even trying to snatch it.you are exactly right. the other thing was donna was coming in and wanted barry alvarez here.

Advertisement
We should absolutely own STA HS and be #1 at IMG. Also, we should be able to hand pick Dade and Broward taken. Hate playing 2nd fiddle to Bama, etc in SoFL. I get we will always lose a kid or 2 that just feel (or guardians feel) the need to get away from Miami. Think about it. If we could get 12 of top 15 from Dade/Broward. 3 of top 5 from PBC + 3 of top 5 from IMG every year and around 7 top kids nationally, we'd be set year after year. Kids this year left because of fear of poor coaching. How many years now have some of Bamas best players been from SoFl? We need some to proudly wear the U

To piggy back, why can’t Mia have support staffs like bama, Georgia, Clemson? In recruiting they have 10 -1 staff ratio. Same with coaches or analysts they call them.

For recruiting staff, it’s ridiculous and unacceptable. They can literally “hire” university of miami students for less than minimum wage to do that job. Or interns.

Yes, that’s what Alabama does. And yes, Miami does that for other, non-sports related stuff....like manning call centers to beg people for donations.

But Blake James is an idiot who literally isn’t good at anything.

Cause for one we dont need it, and for1B, we dont have to pay for players, ours are good enuff.

To be fair, the IMG kids should be listed in the state they grew up and not in Florida. Nolan Smith would be the best player in that state and he signed with UGA. Getting 3 of the top 8 players in the state is huge for them and something that Miami should be able to do every year.

Advertisement
Back