In several days I'll be in Orlando (a few thoughts on the upcoming season)...

Time Bomb, just wondering what makes you think we are 'considerably' better this season? I actually happen to agree with you that this years UM team will fare better, but do you think it's solely the change at head coach/OC? Im curious..

So looking at it position by position, we can determine if the 2019 team is better, worse, or basically the same (push).

QB: Better Obviously the most important position. I appreciate what Rosier did in 2017, but he was an extremely limited QB. I doubt that
Jarren will be worse

RB: Push Much better depth now, I expect we'll get excellent production out of Cam and DJ, but Homer was underrated

WR: Push Thomas is currently the only "proven" WR on the rooster in 2019. I was inclined to say 2018 had more proven receivers and I'd
take that roster over 2019, but we knew AR82 was dinged up, Cager had questionable hands, then a slew of true freshmen.
Questions then, questions now

TE: Better Same extremely talented TEs, but an extra year of experience. Also expecting some production from Irving

OL: Push I don't see a big change in talent level, but now that the opposing defense won't know the play and snap count, it should perform
better. In addition, the S&C should help these guys a lot. Also, if Hayden Mahoney is one of your starters, you have problems.

DT: Worse 2018 had Willis. He was probably the most dominant player on the team. I expect Nesta will pick up some slack, but big shoes to
fill

DE: Better Rosseau and Garvin are going to eat. 2018 was a solid group, but I think 2019 is more talented

LB: Better Same studs, more experience

CB: Worse Jackson-Bandy > Ivey- Bandy Important to note that Rumph has manufactured some excellent CBs from raw products, so I
expect this won't be a huge weakness

S: Worse Johnson is one of the most underrated safeties in UM history. Will be tough to replace.

ST: Better It would be very very hard for the ST unit this year to be worse than the ST unit last year

Coaching: Better To use military terminology, Richt was ROAD (Retired on Active Duty). Was just punching the clock and the program started
falling apart. S&C was bad, ST was historically awful (not just in UM history, but among the worst seen the D1 level in the 21st
century), and offense playcalling was garbage.

So in my estimation, Miami is better in 6 areas, worse in 3 areas than 2018. However, two of the areas where we I believe we should see the most improvement is in QB play and coaching. Those are, by far, the most important to success. I think that overall when you go group by group, it's fair to say that this team is considerably better than last year's team.

Advertisement
So looking at it position by position, we can determine if the 2019 team is better, worse, or basically the same (push).

QB: Better Obviously the most important position. I appreciate what Rosier did in 2017, but he was an extremely limited QB. I doubt that
Jarren will be worse

RB: Push Much better depth now, I expect we'll get excellent production out of Cam and DJ, but Homer was underrated

WR: Push Thomas is currently the only "proven" WR on the rooster in 2019. I was inclined to say 2018 had more proven receivers and I'd
take that roster over 2019, but we knew AR82 was dinged up, Cager had questionable hands, then a slew of true freshmen.
Questions then, questions now

TE: Better Same extremely talented TEs, but an extra year of experience. Also expecting some production from Irving

OL: Push I don't see a big change in talent level, but now that the opposing defense won't know the play and snap count, it should perform
better. In addition, the S&C should help these guys a lot. Also, if Hayden Mahoney is one of your starters, you have problems.

DT: Worse 2018 had Willis. He was probably the most dominant player on the team. I expect Nesta will pick up some slack, but big shoes to
fill

DE: Better Rosseau and Garvin are going to eat. 2018 was a solid group, but I think 2019 is more talented

LB: Better Same studs, more experience

CB: Worse Jackson-Bandy > Ivey- Bandy Important to note that Rumph has manufactured some excellent CBs from raw products, so I
expect this won't be a huge weakness

S: Worse Johnson is one of the most underrated safeties in UM history. Will be tough to replace.

ST: Better It would be very very hard for the ST unit this year to be worse than the ST unit last year

Coaching: Better To use military terminology, Richt was ROAD (Retired on Active Duty). Was just punching the clock and the program started
falling apart. S&C was bad, ST was historically awful (not just in UM history, but among the worst seen the D1 level in the 21st
century), and offense playcalling was garbage.

So in my estimation, Miami is better in 6 areas, worse in 3 areas than 2018. However, two of the areas where we I believe we should see the most improvement is in QB play and coaching. Those are, by far, the most important to success. I think that overall when you go group by group, it's fair to say that this team is considerably better than last year's team.

great breakdown, and I'd surmise that having a (much) more productive offense will help the defense ,as they hold the ball longer, flip the field, create leads where they can just pin their ears back and overall, help create their own momentum.

I do have a concern about the overall youth on offense, but talent is talent, and eventually it will show. And the reality is that nowadays, you play young guys early and often. You don't see that many 5th year seniors anymore.

Advertisement
Back