In Fairness to King…

CaneTheGaytors

Biletnikoff Award Winner
…dude plays with his heart on his sleeve. The rest of the team should be ashamed of themselves, starting with the fraud that is Danny Miaz.

For those saying that King sucks, how do you suppose that a guy that was all-world in Houston and had great numbers all-around regressed so much during his time here.

The answer is a simple one, our head coach is horrible, and the corching that he is getting here has done him no favors. Our OL is garbage, probably the worst I’ve ever seen the past 3 seasons under Manolo.

It’s hard to play efficiently at QB when you have to be looking out for your life every other play. Zion is horrible, and Gaynor even worse. Donaldson (pun intended) is as big a bust as I’ve ever seen.

Our WR’s drop more passes than any unit I’ve ever seen over the last few seasons, that’s on the corching staff.

The D is a mess, too.

I’ve said the following countless times over the past few years. There was an old article in the Miami Herald years ago when Shaq, Pinckney and McCloud were all Freshmen starters. They were having great seasons.

Manny was asked why he thought that they were playing so fast and well. He said that he had given them very little responsibilities because they were so young, and he didn’t want them overthinking out there. He then said that the year after they would be much better once he “taught” them what he expected from them and gave them more responsibilities.

Guess what, they all regressed during their following seasons. What is the common denominator, Danny Miaz. Most of these kids are instinctual players, and that’s how they play their best football.

I saw a play today were Waymon Steed waited until the RB had almost passed the line of scrimmage before he actually reacted and went after him. By then it was way too late. These LB’s are being taught to react, instead of to attack. Been happening for way too long here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Two things can be true at once

1) He plays with a ton of heart. There is no questioning the young man's effort. He's doing his best.
2) He's average at best as a QB. Houston basically let him go...which should tell you something. He "sat out" because he was told he wasn't going to play. I'm sorry, but a 24 year old MAN with 31 career starts should be looking like Charlie Ward out there and he simply isn't a great QB.

Wish the kid the best...but I'm ready to see more from TVD and Garcia.

King plays his heart out, no doubt.
He also makes some bad reads a 6th year QB shouldn't be making. Missing Mallory when he had no defender on him? Awful. Missing Mallory again when he was wide open in the end zone? Can't do that. That pick when he threw into triple coverage on Rambo? He did that vs Alabama and it got picked then too.

1) He plays with a ton of heart. There is no questioning the young man's effort. He's doing his best.
2) He's average at best as a QB. Houston basically let him go...which should tell you something. He "sat out" because he was told he wasn't going to play. I'm sorry, but a 24 year old MAN with 31 career starts should be looking like Charlie Ward out there and he simply isn't a great QB.

His inability to throw the long ball was evident in game 1 vs. UAB.

Struggles to make the correct RPO read.

Advertisement
Anytime your first compliment is heart, but not playing ability, it tells which one you’re better at. King has done more harm than good here for sure! He’s generated excitement for the program and carried the team to wins but right now he just isn’t healthy and isn’t fully seeing the field

Anytime your first compliment is heart, but not playing ability, it tells which one you’re better at. King has done more harm than good here for sure! He’s generated excitement for the program and carried the team to wins but right now he just isn’t healthy and isn’t fully seeing the field
Exactly…

Plays with heart great young man.

Makes too many mistakes to be an elite P5 qb

King is a leader, and has more heart then most on this team. It’s working against him right now, he is hurt and it’s affecting his game and the offense productivity. Let him rest next game and get TVD and/or Garcia get the reps. They need experience before king really gets hurt and they go in green vs FSU or UNC

Advertisement

I’d love to see Garcia get thrown in the fire. Kid is a fierce competitor, and will look to make plays. I think TVD is more of a game manager, which I’m not a fan of. But it’s all irrelevant because our OL is terrible. At least King can try to run for his life. Garcia might get broken in half.

Last edited:
King anywhere else would be better. Okay, maybe not anywhere, but **** near it.

If you think King is the problem, you need to learn the game of football. Watch any other game and get back to me on this offense. It is literally from another planet, but in a bad way. I'm not even joking, but there's high school teams with a better offensive game plan than what we put forth.

Lashlee won't find another OC job after this stop.

King plays his heart out, no doubt.
He also makes some bad reads a 6th year QB shouldn't be making. Missing Mallory when he had no defender on him? Awful. Missing Mallory again when he was wide open in the end zone? Can't do that. That pick when he threw into triple coverage on Rambo? He did that vs Alabama and it got picked then too.
Do you really think Mallory would have caught either of those passes? He would not have. I don't blame King for not looking his way on those 2 plays.

Advertisement
I’d love to see Garcia get thrown in the fire. Kid is a fierce competitor, and will look to make plays. I think DVD is more of a game manager, which I’m not a fan of. But it’s all irrelevant because our OL is terrible. At least King can try to run for his life. Garcia might get broken in half.
TVD not DVD. I agree, I'd like to see Garcia in for at least a series.

No one should question his heart or character. Proud to have a guy like that on the team. But if we put that aside and just evaluate his on field traits, he has trouble making the RPO read, doesn’t really have the arm strength to stretch the defense vertically, and seems to have trouble going through progressions. His mobility has elevated him. He has over 10k all purpose yards. Not many college QBs can say that in his defense. But he is limited.

Advertisement

Agreed. But what I took from the original post is if the rest of the team had the pride or heart to play that way, then the on-field product would look much different.

Even if King is average, give me a bunch of average guys like that playing balls to the wall with some **** gumption all day. I can rock with that. We’ve seen how our “blue chips” stack up at this point.

To bad that’s not enough. We have the talent, they are either not coached up enough or they just don’t play to their abilities. We set the tone on D the first two possessions, and then they adjust and we don’t.

This was a winnable game and we fvcked it up.

I’d love to see Garcia get thrown in the fire. Kid is a fierce competitor, and will look to make plays. I think DVD is more of a game manager, which I’m not a fan of. But it’s all irrelevant because our OL is terrible. At least King can try to run for his life. Garcia might get broken in half.
Matocha! He’s faster than either of them. Perfect antidote to an offensive line that phases im and out of this dimension.

Advertisement
Back