In Defense of MC

Obviously MC allowed the wrong play to be called at the end of the GT game. Should have been a QB kneel, no question. BUT, the narrative that he made this same mistake at Oregon is, in my opinion, flat out wrong.

If you go back and look at the 2018 Oregon/Stanford game, it was 2nd and 3 (Oregon ball) and Stanford had one timeout. If Oregon gets three yards for a first down, game over. If Oregon takes a knee for two consecutive plays, and Stanford uses their timeout, Oregon has to punt the ball back to Stanford with around 16-18 seconds on the clock. That is a lot of time in college football. If anyone watched last night's game between Houston and WVU, 2 touchdowns were scored in the last 22 seconds of that game.

If you ask me, most coaches would trust their team to get three yards on the ground to win the game before they willingly give the opponents offense a chance to win or tie the game.

Again, MC should have stepped in last Saturday, but I disagree with the narrative that he let this happen before.

Advertisement
Stand Up Reaction GIF by Xbox

Obviously MC allowed the wrong play to be called at the end of the GT game. Should have been a QB kneel, no question. BUT, the narrative that he made this same mistake at Oregon is, in my opinion, flat out wrong.

If you go back and look at the 2018 Oregon/Stanford game, it was 2nd and 3 (Oregon ball) and Stanford had one timeout. If Oregon gets three yards for a first down, game over. If Oregon takes a knee for two consecutive plays, and Stanford uses their timeout, Oregon has to punt the ball back to Stanford with around 16-18 seconds on the clock. That is a lot of time in college football. If anyone watched last night's game between Houston and WVU, 2 touchdowns were scored in the last 22 seconds of that game.

If you ask me, most coaches would trust their team to get three yards on the ground to win the game before they willingly give the opponents offense a chance to win or tie the game.

Again, MC should have stepped in last Saturday, but I disagree with the narrative that he let this happen before.

His last 20 wins: 4 kneel-downs, at least 3 other games he should have with teams within 1-2 scores, no timeouts for the opponent, and lots of time left but enough to kneel it out for the win.

The END

Advertisement
Someone was paying attention in 10th grade English lesson on when to use passive voice.

Advertisement

True the situations were a little different. That is not what upsets me. Why did Miami not take a knee? Was it #1 a brain fart? Or #2 Dawson taking responsibility for the call. Why call a run? Or #3 Mario said he made the wrong call and should have changed it. So the OC and HC both took blame and thats looks incredibly stupid. Simply cant have two guys making such a blatant mistake or can you? I can only speculate that they made the decision to get Chaney his first 100 yard game. The problem is they cant say that because it makes Chaney look responsible for the loss. I can never forgive the call but if it was for Chaney I do have an ounce of sympathy. Mario and Dawson should have got together and said they just blew it and lost track of the clock. If the reason was (for Chaney) then I see the players backing Mario with their post game interviews. Again this is only me speculating

Advertisement
True the situations were a little different. That is not what upsets me. Why did Miami not take a knee? Was it #1 a brain fart? Or #2 Dawson taking responsibility for the call. Why call a run? Or #3 Mario said he made the wrong call and should have changed it. So the OC and HC both took blame and thats looks incredibly stupid. Simply cant have two guys making such a blatant mistake or can you? I can only speculate that they made the decision to get Chaney his first 100 yard game. The problem is they cant say that because it makes Chaney look responsible for the loss. I can never forgive the call but if it was for Chaney I do have an ounce of sympathy. Mario and Dawson should have got together and said they just blew it and lost track of the clock. If the reason was (for Chaney) then I see the players backing Mario with their post game interviews. Again this is only me speculating
It’s nothing to speculate

He ran it because he doesn’t believe in taking a knee

Advertisement

He did step in. He told them to run the ball. I was at the game and knew immediately he deliberately ran the ball. How did i know? It was 2nd and 12, 1:18 left and GT had no timeouts. 2 kneels ended the game, we fumbled on the 2nd run. Where is this he should have stepped in coming from?

I agree they owe an honest explanation to the fans. 60,000 people (including myself) paid money and took time out of their weekend to show up in person for that game. Scrap the coach talk and tell us why the decision was made to run when mathematically the game was over. If you factor in the salaries, operation costs, etc., a win in college football costs millions of dollars and you just handed one to the other team.

I agree they owe an honest explanation to the fans. 60,000 people (including myself) paid money and took time out of their weekend to show up in person for that game. Scrap the coach talk and tell us why the decision was made to run when mathematically the game was over. If you factor in the salaries, operation costs, etc., a win in college football costs millions of dollars and you just handed one to the other team.
I was there and honestly want no explanation. I want wins v UNC and Clemson. There is nothing he can say that can make me feel better. I have never seen that in my life.

If you defend this ******* bozo then you need to get your head checked like now. Kindly **** off OP.

Advertisement
Back