In all full respect. Sean Taylor's daughter.

I really miss this dude,man. Him and Jerome were something else.RIP

Thanks for sharing that video. Brought a tear to my eye.
Really appreciate the update.

Sean is a proud dad looking down upon all of us. Or around us.

I appreciate the fact that she has Sean's athleticism.

Yet, she talks in cadence of her mom. Voice.

She represents both of them.

Good for her.

Go get it!

Advertisement
Maybe the expectations of playing at the school her dad did so much at isn't something that she wants? While UNCCH is a little below UM volleyball wise these days, getting a degree from up there would be a major accomplishment. I'll be rooting for her to succeed besides the possible 1-2 matches every season. And even then I hope she does great individually in those.

We’ve lost a lot of canes over the years, too many really, but Sean always hit the hardest. Generational talent that we lost way to soon.

Really appreciate the update.

Sean is a proud dad looking down upon all of us. Or around us.

I appreciate the fact that she has Sean's athleticism.

Yet, she talks in cadence of her mom. Voice.

She represents both of them.

Good for her.

Go get it!
Interesting and can’t remember if noted in the video her mother is also athletic. She was a member of the UM women’s soccer team.

I had never heard of the Miami having a legacy scholarship so I looked it up and this is what Miami has on their site:

"Each year, the University of Miami Alumni Association works with the Office of Admission and Office of Financial Aid to select a freshman recipient for a modest renewable legacy scholarship. Eligibility for the legacy scholarship is automatic for any legacy student who applies for admission and qualifies for financial aid."

So in terms of costs, I don't think that would be something to count on. Also, while I don't know how Sean's money was spent prior to his death or how it was distributed after, he did make over $10M. Hopefully some of that was set aside for his daughter and a (potential) lack of scholarship is not the reason she is not going to Miami.

But either way, I am bit confused... are people in this thread suggesting that she should go to Miami b/c her dad did? I think that argument is tired when it is for football, it is extreme for others. Unless I missed something where she said that she wanted to go to Miami, maybe she wants to go to UNC b/c 1) it's highly rated academically (athlete scandal several years ago aside) 2) she has a better chance of playing there and/or 3) she wants to go experience something away from home.
I’m pretty sure it’s worked out and handled in house quietly regarding “legacy” students. Again, I’m assuming her grades are good if she qualified for UNC. There are very workable and active ways to mitigate costs as said “unknown exactly “ how Sean’s funds were managed as he hadn’t hit the big contract yet. I would assume the NFL also maintained some additional help if needed due to the age of ST when the tragedy occurred and they made it very public that if needed they would assist his wife and young child.

UMs volleyball program is higher rated than UNC and scholarships are limited. She would be as she stated one of the smaller middles for NCAA power programs and that is the case at UM also.

She is the one that stated she wanted to follow in her father’s footsteps and move that legacy even further. She has proven her passion and work ethic by becoming a legitimate division 1 volleyball player with only 2 years of playing (Most of these girls have 5 easy, maybe 10 of volleyball with a travel team and a personal coach). Volleyball D-1 girls are like D1 QBs just about all have personal coaches that they’ve been working with for years.

With that said if she does want to go to UM, and continues to improve at the pace she is. UM has to make this right and get her into UM. No ifffs and butts. Sean Taylor was my favorite player of all time and had the ability to single handily change a game from the defensive side but he could/should have been spots to impact the game all over the field. He would have been the best talent ever for the hybrid role most defenses have now. But he could/should have received a few plays/packages on offense. His talent level was really one in a generation.

It would be the perfect story for UM to allow her to complete this goal of hers and should cement Sean Taylor’s legacy at UM where after she plays with at UM his number should be retired.

@DMoney do you have any people on the know with this one? Does she want to go to UM? Is UM aware of her? Can we make this dream come true for all parties involved?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back