In all full respect. Sean Taylor's daughter.

Advertisement
Was she recruited by Miami at all ? Seems to be pretty good player and would be a great story.

Advertisement
She should be able to get a legacy scholarship at UM if her scores are good enough. She might have to PWO for volleyball but if she is as determined as she seems she will determine how much she plays.

Advertisement
She should be able to get a legacy scholarship at UM if her scores are good enough. She might have to PWO for volleyball but if she is as determined as she seems she will determine how much she plays.
I imagine she had to have similar or maybe higher scores at UNC. Our daughter got a 85% scholarship at Miami and nothing at UNC or U of Texas.

Advertisement

I had never heard of the Miami having a legacy scholarship so I looked it up and this is what Miami has on their site:

"Each year, the University of Miami Alumni Association works with the Office of Admission and Office of Financial Aid to select a freshman recipient for a modest renewable legacy scholarship. Eligibility for the legacy scholarship is automatic for any legacy student who applies for admission and qualifies for financial aid."

So in terms of costs, I don't think that would be something to count on. Also, while I don't know how Sean's money was spent prior to his death or how it was distributed after, he did make over $10M. Hopefully some of that was set aside for his daughter and a (potential) lack of scholarship is not the reason she is not going to Miami.

But either way, I am bit confused... are people in this thread suggesting that she should go to Miami b/c her dad did? I think that argument is tired when it is for football, it is extreme for others. Unless I missed something where she said that she wanted to go to Miami, maybe she wants to go to UNC b/c 1) it's highly rated academically (athlete scandal several years ago aside) 2) she has a better chance of playing there and/or 3) she wants to go experience something away from home.

Advertisement
I had never heard of the Miami having a legacy scholarship so I looked it up and this is what Miami has on their site:

"Each year, the University of Miami Alumni Association works with the Office of Admission and Office of Financial Aid to select a freshman recipient for a modest renewable legacy scholarship. Eligibility for the legacy scholarship is automatic for any legacy student who applies for admission and qualifies for financial aid."

So in terms of costs, I don't think that would be something to count on. Also, while I don't know how Sean's money was spent prior to his death or how it was distributed after, he did make over $10M. Hopefully some of that was set aside for his daughter and a (potential) lack of scholarship is not the reason she is not going to Miami.

But either way, I am bit confused... are people in this thread suggesting that she should go to Miami b/c her dad did? I think that argument is tired when it is for football, it is extreme for others. Unless I missed something where she said that she wanted to go to Miami, maybe she wants to go to UNC b/c 1) it's highly rated academically (athlete scandal several years ago aside) 2) she has a better chance of playing there and/or 3) she wants to go experience something away from home.
She should go to Miami because it’s family. Any half decent adult is looking out for Sean Taylor’s daughter while she’s on campus

Advertisement
Back