Impact of The U Documentary - 2009

TheUuuuu

Junior
Premium
Are we underestimating the impact that this documentary is having on up and coming recruits? I didn't realize that the documentary was released roughly 7 1/2 years ago and listening to Pete's recent podcast Lorenzo mentions being influenced by it.

Advertisement
Recruits talk about growing up with the documentary lol now I feel old.

Just seems like yesterday recruits were talking about growing up watching Dorsey/Shockey/McGahee/ST/etc. Recruits now were barely born then, and their childhood memories of the canes are the documentary

damnit mane

Are we underestimating the impact that this documentary is having on up and coming recruits? I didn't realize that the documentary was released roughly 7 1/2 years ago and listening to Pete's recent podcast Lorenzo mentions being influenced by it.

thank u espn i knew dat **** would indoctrinate kids,,,,,,,,that was our last hope........how could u not fall in love with that ****

That documentary is the the best thing to happen to us since 2001, aside from hiring this staff.

It sustained our relevance during years of irrelevant football.

Advertisement
That documentary is the only reason half these kids not in SFL even have us on their radar. We should build a statue of Billy Corben

Advertisement
I think ESPN loves Miami. Think about it, when Miami is good their TV ratings sky rocket. If I'm not mistaken the Miami VS FSU game had one of the highest ratings last few years.

Its quite ironic that espn, who rarely missed a chance to take a shot at our program, has inadvertently, helped to keep a pulse in this program, while we've searched for the right coaching staff to bring it back to life!!

That documentary shows what happens when Miami keeps south Florida kids home and sprinkles in some savages from other states....

Couple that with a competent coaching staff and you have the making of a perfect storm. (Pun intended)

Advertisement
That documentary is the the best thing to happen to us since 2001, aside from hiring this staff.

It sustained our relevance during years of irrelevant football.

this right here

alot of kids know what miami is because of those

ESPN the corporation loves Miami because we're good for business. Many if not most of the talking heads at ESPN actually do hate Miami, for various reasons. For example, Holtz because we embarrassed him in '87, and that racist radio dish Finebaum because he's a blithering *******.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back