IMG

Kids in HS now do not remember Alabama not being #1 every year. Think about that. It's going to take a long time to change perception
They don't remember Texas A&M being anything than a a cow raising pasture but here we are.

Advertisement
I just have this whole belief and proof that winning doesnt bring them elite recruiters and evaluators bring them. Will it be easier if your winning? Yes but kids know who the ballers are and Mario is going to convince them to come. When other HS players see that they will come even if the wins arent there cause they know those are good players in before them. And I know when he turns it around fans will use the oh we won thats why they come BS which will be a total cap. This is why sometimes we are puzzled when a Clowny goes to USC, cause the elite guy on him got him to go there. Whether its bags or not u got to land who u target and Mario is getting all position coaches who can close and then he closes and its over. Bama and the other elites rosters will get weakened by the year and then we become dominant cause we will own sfla, and if those schools cant get into sfla those schools suffer.
Facts though. UNC had a horrible disappointing season with a experienced all ACC QB. They lost terrible games at home to FSU ,and at VT to name a couple. They just pulled in a top 10 class with 2, 5 star players. Players that would normally leave their area for SEC and Big Ten schools. Relationships is what drive recruiting. Winning is a tool as is bags and other things. But those are secondary to the Relationships you build, that you stay on kids and market your program to them and their parents and guardians if that.

Btw lets not forget how many games UF won under Mullen and their recruiting was a nose dive. He just got fired after the best record since Meyer i believe.

Facts though. UNC had a horrible disappointing season with a experienced all ACC QB. They lost terrible games at home to FSU ,and at VT to name a couple. They just pulled in a top 10 class with 2, 5 star players. Players that would normally leave their area for SEC and Big Ten schools. Relationships is what drive recruiting. Winning is a tool as is bags and other things. But those are secondary to the Relationships you build, that you stay on kids and market your program to them and their parents and guardians if that.

Btw lets not forget how many games UF won under Mullen and their recruiting was a nose dive. He just got fired after the best record since Meyer i believe.
yup facts this is what its about, UNC is dreadful and they pulling kids. its not about wins

Getting back in recruiting and just reading alot of stories, checking rankings etc i realized Mario's #1 job is of course making sure we are in for and get our share of all the top talent in SO FL, the top 10, not just 2nd, 3rd and 4th choice guys. The alphas , the 5 stars whatever. But #2 imo is to find a way to unsettle Bama and other SEC schools from IMG. I know alot of players there are from other states, but we can't use that as an excuse as they go to Bama which is not their home. If you live in FL, you are now a Florida recruit. Big portions of FL population is not from the state anyway. Its Insane how many talented players are at IMG and Bama just cherry picks along with UGA and other SEC schools. Its a big ask but with the resources we are now gonna pour into recruiting i expect us to win our fair share of these battles for IMG kids.

👆TFWIW

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back