IMG

supacane

Senior
Getting back in recruiting and just reading alot of stories, checking rankings etc i realized Mario's #1 job is of course making sure we are in for and get our share of all the top talent in SO FL, the top 10, not just 2nd, 3rd and 4th choice guys. The alphas , the 5 stars whatever. But #2 imo is to find a way to unsettle Bama and other SEC schools from IMG. I know alot of players there are from other states, but we can't use that as an excuse as they go to Bama which is not their home. If you live in FL, you are now a Florida recruit. Big portions of FL population is not from the state anyway. Its Insane how many talented players are at IMG and Bama just cherry picks along with UGA and other SEC schools. Its a big ask but with the resources we are now gonna pour into recruiting i expect us to win our fair share of these battles for IMG kids.

Advertisement
Getting back in recruiting and just reading alot of stories, checking rankings etc i realized Mario's #1 job is of course making sure we are in for and get our share of all the top talent in SO FL, the top 10, not just 2nd, 3rd and 4th choice guys. The alphas , the 5 stars whatever. But #2 imo is to find a way to unsettle Bama and other SEC schools from IMG. I know alot of players there are from other states, but we can't use that as an excuse as they go to Bama which is not their home. If you live in FL, you are now a Florida recruit. Big portions of FL population is not from the state anyway. Its Insane how many talented players are at IMG and Bama just cherry picks along with UGA and other SEC schools. Its a big ask but with the resources we are now gonna pour into recruiting i expect us to win our fair share of these battles for IMG kids.
Getting a foot in the door at IMG is going to be a tough but necessary battle because you're right there are a handful of uber talented kids there yearly. The out of state kids aren't all of a sudden going to become fans of Florida teams because they transfer to a FL Academy, so Mario is going to have to make some strong in-roads with the coaching staff and also do his part on the field to give these kids something to actually believe in. If we can get to 9-11 wins consistently we'll get our share of the big dogs down here, including IMG kids IMO.

Getting a foot in the door at IMG is going to be a tough but necessary battle because you're right there are a handful of uber talented kids there yearly. The out of state kids aren't all of a sudden going to become fans of Florida teams because they transfer to a FL Academy, so Mario is going to have to make some strong in-roads with the coaching staff and also do his part on the field to give these kids something to actually believe in. If we can get to 9-11 wins consistently we'll get our share of the big dogs down here, including IMG kids IMO.
Im removing the excuse of they are not gonna become fans of Florida schools. The kids come from all over the nation and go to Bama and UGA. It seems to me our previous staffs has simply ceded ground to Bama and them without much effort. We need to go entrench our recruiting apparatus there as much as those schools do since money aint an issue anymore. Mario's first day he visited IMG....then we flipped Skinner. It takes effort and being relentless. They are in FL, get them to visit multiple times in the offseason. We have more NIL opportunity than alot of these hole in the wall towns, thats going be a big sell with the billionaires we have involved. We not gonna win them all of course but we should be fighting for these players.

Also the product on the field will not be a problem. That is not an excuse im with either. Great recruiters can recruit. Texas A&M won 1 more game than us and if you want to say well its the ACC v SEC. They won 2 less games than Ole Miss who beat them. Great recruiters recruit, the results will come.

Advertisement
My family and I stayed at IMG the weekend before Christmas for my son's tournament. While there I got a chance to speak to a few IMG staff and coaches and all of them pretty much kept repeating the same things. They gushed about Skinner as not only a player, but as a person...and had even better things to say about Mario. They all made it sound like this is the beginning of what could be a steady pipeline for Miami now that Mario is on board.

Relationships go a long way in recruiting....seems like Mario already has some fans on that campus.

Advertisement
My family and I stayed at IMG the weekend before Christmas for my son's tournament. While there I got a chance to speak to a few IMG staff and coaches and all of them pretty much kept repeating the same things. They gushed about Skinner as not only a player, but as a person...and had even better things to say about Mario. They all made it sound like this is the beginning of what could be a steady pipeline for Miami now that Mario is on board.

Relationships go a long way in recruiting....seems like Mario already has some fans on that campus.
daffy duck masturbation GIF

IMG dudes are constantly overrated. Half their starters are 4 and 5 star kids that have limited production in HS. Yes, I'd love to make a pipeline or at least be in it for some of their top guys but these recruits are from all over the country and have ties to different areas.

There's truth here, but I'll say this.

Before Mario, IMG coaches were hesitant to advise kids to even consider Miami...and how could they not be? How can a responsible coach with half a conscious possibly use their influence on a kid to steer him toward a program that was a clear **** show and didn't make an effort to be competitive?

This is just another bi-product of giving a **** about football. Optics matter and now that the world has seen that UM is willing to invest money and resources on the program.....coaches can now in good conscious start recommending us as a viable option.

I'm fully aware IMG's track record has been hit and miss....but this at least gives us a shot at scoring on some of those "hits". These kids at that age are highly influenced by their coaching staffs, especially at a place like IMG where the kids have already taken the step of leaving home and spend more time with their coaches than their parents for the year they are there.

IMG dudes are constantly overrated. Half their starters are 4 and 5 star kids that have limited production in HS. Yes, I'd love to make a pipeline or at least be in it for some of their top guys but these recruits are from all over the country and have ties to different areas.
No school has 100% hit rate. Central, The West and others have all sent top rated kids who flamed out. Bama has dominated CFB and they take alot of kids from there. I want us to be in for their front 7 on defense and OL propescts mainly which is where we have had the most problems.

"If you build it, they will come"!!
we just got Skinner and we aint even built......so this is a lie. They will come cause Marios is an elite recruiter point blank. We could lose 5 games we still going to clean up thats what elite recruiters do

Advertisement
Kids in HS now do not remember Alabama not being #1 every year. Think about that. It's going to take a long time to change perception

Advertisement
You guys, and the **** facts!!

Well played!
I just have this whole belief and proof that winning doesnt bring them elite recruiters and evaluators bring them. Will it be easier if your winning? Yes but kids know who the ballers are and Mario is going to convince them to come. When other HS players see that they will come even if the wins arent there cause they know those are good players in before them. And I know when he turns it around fans will use the oh we won thats why they come BS which will be a total cap. This is why sometimes we are puzzled when a Clowny goes to USC, cause the elite guy on him got him to go there. Whether its bags or not u got to land who u target and Mario is getting all position coaches who can close and then he closes and its over. Bama and the other elites rosters will get weakened by the year and then we become dominant cause we will own sfla, and if those schools cant get into sfla those schools suffer.

I just have this whole belief and proof that winning doesnt bring them elite recruiters and evaluators bring them. Will it be easier if your winning? Yes but kids know who the ballers are and Mario is going to convince them to come. When other HS players see that they will come even if the wins arent there cause they know those are good players in before them. And I know when he turns it around fans will use the oh we won thats why they come BS which will be a total cap. This is why sometimes we are puzzled when a Clowny goes to USC, cause the elite guy on him got him to go there. Whether its bags or not u got to land who u target and Mario is getting all position coaches who can close and then he closes and its over. Bama and the other elites rosters will get weakened by the year and then we become dominant cause we will own sfla, and if those schools cant get into sfla those schools suffer.
And to that, being able to "develop", the talent, you recruit, will pay a kings ransome by itself!!

Agree totally.

They attract and have alot of talent, but alot these dudes get a 4th and 5th star just for playing at IMG. Mater Dei in Orange County, Cali is another example. They push out a TON of 4 and 5 star kids...including Matt Leinart and Bryce Young....but alot of times you never hear from that after signing day.

Advertisement
Back