IMG sold to a Hong Kong based private equity company

Advertisement

Found this interesting. Not sure of the impact, if any, it will have on the school.
You'd be surprised how many private schools in america are owned by foreign groups, especially chinese. The most affluent elementary in winter park orlando is owned by the chinese. Do not trust the motives of politicians pushing for privitization.

You'd be surprised how many private schools in america are owned by foreign groups, especially chinese. The most affluent elementary in winter park orlando is owned by the chinese. Do not trust the motives of politicians pushing for privitization.
Which one is that? Park Matiland?

Advertisement
Their first order of business will be to scour little leagues and force train selected kids solely for the purpose of playing football

Might as well exchange your dollars for Yuan. I don’t get how the Us is letting China buy america.

I do, because people would rather have cheap **** while everyone grows theirs 401k's, etc. Gotta get those shareholders a profit each quarter, etc. That's how jobs moved overseas, not just corporate greed, but those of your fellow Americans.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As much as the china memes are funny, if you're genuinely wondering: BPEA EQT (who is the PE group that acquired IMG) is the asian investment arm of one of the big dogs in PE, the stockholm based EQT Partners. EQT is a majority owner of BPEA EQT so saying it was sold to a HK based PE investor is slightly misleading given the ultimate decision making is done in Sweden.

I've worked with them extensively in the past and found that they're not the most hands on investors. At most they replace the board and pump cash to fund new revenue streams. I don't envision radical changes. In fact I would be surprised if there's any notable changes to the public.

Advertisement
Agree 100%!!! I bet that the ChiComs are not allowing American businesses from acquiring Chinese entities in China. Shameful! And shame on our politicians for allowing it.
China also funds a lot of prestigious universities in the US. US keeps giving out student visas to them. May be too late and US is already bought. Say what you want about him but Trump knew what he was talking about.

Advertisement
Back