IMG OL Dunlap talks surprise visit to Miami

In before BleakVern remains true to form and says Dunlap is overrated and compares him to Ian Symonette

Last edited:
Advertisement
What the **** is going on around these parts man.

I forgot what it was like to be great. It's so weird hearing all of these kids say our name in such a positive light and actually mean it, instead of just using us to propel their own agenda.

A big year by Richt and the boys on the field and we wipe clean these last 15 years gentlemen. I hope you've all been stashing away your unused kleenex, because a storm is comin.

I forgot what it was like to be great. It's so weird hearing all of these kids say our name in such a positive light and actually mean it, instead of just using us to propel their own agenda.

A big year by Richt and the boys on the field and we wipe clean these last 15 years gentlemen. I hope you've all been stashing away your unused kleenex, because a storm is comin.

We gotta win tho mane...I dont wanna see this class fall by the way side

Is Dunlap a Guard or Tackle?

I feel like we need a few Tackles in this OL class, but Scaife, Reed, Barnes, Dunlap, etc. all seem to be future interior guys

We just took 3 tackles last class(4 if you include George brown...) load up on interior players and 1 tackle. Should take 3-4 lineman

Advertisement

We gotta win tho mane...I dont wanna see this class fall by the way side

No doubt.

This momentum is great and all heading into Paradise and the season, but the only way to keep it up August through December is with W's

I think a 2nd year under Richt with HIS QB under center will take us to the next level

I think we're looking at 12-2 with an ACCCG win and a bowl win

Finish season Top 12 and get ready to brawl with the big boys in 2018 after we land our Flagship class

Is Dunlap a Guard or Tackle?

I feel like we need a few Tackles in this OL class, but Scaife, Reed, Barnes, Dunlap, etc. all seem to be future interior guys

Dunlap and Reed are definitely OGs. Scaife is also an interior player. Barnes will be an OT. Very good feet. I do agree with you though. Still don't see a true LT on the team but nothing can be worse than Darling playing LT. Donaldson has great athleticism for his size but he will need to work on his footwork and to cut some bad weight to be a LT. Herbert is definitely a possibility, just needs to fill his frame out and get into the college weight room.

Last edited:
If DOnaldson could lose that weight and play at about 340 can he not play LT?

340 at LT? I thought he was like 335 right now. He could do it but will need a lot of work in pass-pro(much like any high school OL). He's very athletic for his size but his footwork is sloppy. Needs a lot of work on his balance and kick step. That comes with time and experience in the offense though. What he excels at is he's a straight mauler. He has the aggression to play the position(not everyone does). I just think if he could cut about 15-20lbs, his athleticism improves even more. Being a LT isn't easy, it takes a lot of work refining your kick step, balance, technique, and footwork. Certainly has the potential to be a LT but early on, I see him starting at RT.

Advertisement
LT will be McDermott. Don't know who the backup is. I would say DogFlu in picture but he's coming back from injury and there are rumors he might transfer if he doesn't crack starting rotation. Hopefully, George Brown shows us something but i've read he's a project as well. Other left tackle prospects are Tre Johnson and Hillery.

340 at LT? I thought he was like 335 right now. He could do it but will need a lot of work in pass-pro(much like any high school OL). He's very athletic for his size but his footwork is sloppy. Needs a lot of work on his balance and kick step. That comes with time and experience in the offense though. What he excels at is he's a straight mauler. He has the aggression to play the position(not everyone does). I just think if he could cut about 15-20lbs, his athleticism improves even more. Being a LT isn't easy, it takes a lot of work refining your kick step, balance, technique, and footwork. Certainly has the potential to be a LT but early on, I see him starting at RT.

I remember somebody posting he was bigger then his listed weight...even his own high school coach at Central said that if he lost the weight he would dominate his frshman year

I remember somebody posting he was bigger then his listed weight...even his own high school coach at Central said that if he lost the weight he would dominate his frshman year

Very well might be. He's an absolute giant so it wouldn't surprise me.

Advertisement
I'm still not sure what to make of Searels as a technical coach but you can't deny the guy is proving to be one **** of a recruiter.

LT will be McDermott. Don't know who the backup is. I would say DogFlu in picture but he's coming back from injury and there are rumors he might transfer if he doesn't crack starting rotation. Hopefully, George Brown shows us something but i've read he's a project as well. Other left tackle prospects are Tre Johnson and Hillery.

I do know one thing, no spot on that OL should be guaranteed going into next season. I know we dog on McDermott and St. Louis a lot but I still see them starting next year at the OT spots(at least to start the season). McDermott to me played better than Darling at LT but had issues with penalties. Darling also had his moments at RT. McDermott was pathetic at LG. He truely was a liability which is really weird. He played better at LT than he did a LG. That almost never happens but not everybody has that ability to play inside much like everyone can't play outside as well. I like Gauthier at center and probably Darling at one of the OG spots. The other OG spot will go to Donaldson just because you can't keep him on the bench. He's a force in the run game and at times, our OL struggled big time getting any push. Definitely will be a lot of competition this offseason and for years to come.

Advertisement
everyone.gif

MANNNNN ***** all that college weight BS.. Linder and McDoormat are at college weight and they're always going backwards.. these freshman can't possibly be any worse then what I seen from those 2.

Advertisement
Back