IMG 7 on 7 Day 2 Recap

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
The last day ended in spectacular Fashion at two Miami teams faced off in the championship. The South Florida Express faced off against the Florida Fire in the final game with the Express coming out on top off a game winning Touchdown. Here are some Player Notes and Recruiting Notes from the day

Player Notes

-Shawn Burgess is absolute animal. He played receiver in this tournament which by many scouts isn't his main position, However, Shawn still showed tremendous ability with blazing speed, terrific route running and great hands. Burgess was solid in catches despite playing with an injured finger. Burgess already holds two offers from Alabama and Miami.

-Jovon Durante is in the same class as Burgess in terms of athletic ability. His speed is ridiculous and his leaping is also amazing. Durante shows great potential on both sides of the ball and can play either. Just the thought of him working with Flowers this year at Jackson is scary considering how good they can be. Durante is no longer committed to FIU and Miami is recruiting him hardest. I will put up the interview I did with him later, but one cause for concern is a possible grades issue with him, nothing to fret about for now, but it is something to monitor.

-Travis Rudolph performed great as usual, I only got a couple of questions with him but from the comments he makes I think UF has a lead over Miami.

-Got the opportunity to see to FSU Commits in this tournament and much to your guys liking I was not impressed that much with either. Kain Daub as many say is WAY too big to be a linebacker and gets lost easily in coverage and doesn't have the speed to make up for it. Jackson on the other hand is impressive but doesn't show any playmaking ability which was raved about.

-D'Vante Phillips is going to be the top receiver in Dade County for 2015 and while that may sound like a big statement, trust me there is no comparison to him. His speed and Route running is nearly untouchable and he excels in jump balls. He single handedly tied the game for the Express against Team Tampa.

-Artavis Scott is a good prospect with good speed, hands and route running. One thing that is a cause for concern is he is listed at 6'0 but is closer to 5'10 . Granted he is still getting called by Miami everyday which shows the offer is most likely a true offer but something to be aware of.

-While I most likely will be in the minority in saying this, I'm not 100% ready to say Chris Lammons should be in this class. Lammons is 5'8 and has serious issues when fighting against receivers bigger then him. While I may be stating the obvious, Lammons didn't have a great performance at the camp. I want to see him during the regular season and then make my judgement but as for now, I wouldn't rave about him.

-Sam Bruce Jr. is ridiculous, he is like the Allen Iverson of this team. His cutting ability and juke moves are insane and his leaping ability is also amazing considering he is only 5'9. Bruce may be 2016 but absolutely a kid to keep an eye on. From speaking to him, I got the vibe that he really likes FSU, but does have a good amount of interest in Miami.

-Vincent Jackson was also at the tournament and I am in the group that believes he is going to switch to DE at college, way to big already.

Will have interviews up later

Advertisement
i can just copy and paste my response to your last 50+ threads

"Tito putting in work!"

Advertisement
Phillips and Burgess-Becker would make a nice 2015 receiver tandem for the home team.

Advertisement
Phillips and Burgess-Becker would make a nice 2015 receiver tandem for the home team.

Folks excited about 2014, but 2015 WRs are off the charts.

easily, I don't think the kids in 2014 (besides lane) have the ceiling of the 2015 kids. Durante, Phillips, Shawn Burgess Becker, Peete looks like a nice prospect that will blow up with the exposure he will get at STA, and Khalil Lewis from miramar. On top of that many consider Durante and Becker elite safety prospects as well. The best thing about this group is that we are in excellent position with all the kids that we've offered, and I would assume we would be able to be in a good position with Lewis and Peete too. I really wouldn't be mad if we didnt lose any receiver besides Lane

Last edited by a moderator:

Folks excited about 2014, but 2015 WRs are off the charts.

easily, I don't think the kids in 2014 (besides lane) have the ceiling of the 2015 kids

I hear you about 2015. Jojo rob doesn't get too much hype, but I think that kid is going to be a BALLER in college and has a very high ceiling. If jojo was a couple of inches taller, he'd be up there in all the rankings. Legit 4.4 kid. Wiry frame, has the shiftiness. Kid use to ball out at running back in optimist ball. Another kid for 2014 who will BLOW UP soon is DARELL LANGHAM out of sanluces. UM should offer soon. Like it's been said between 14 and 15 UM will be stacked like no other at the receiver spot.

Advertisement
Back