Imagine if we actually ran a 4-3 def

cleveland cane

Freshman
If we had a real coach that wanted to truly attack and force the other team into more turnovers and sacks we run a 4-3 def. Could you just imagine the line up we could have and the speed on the field. That would look like a defense from the past

Thomas Heurtelou Kamalu AQM
McCord Kirby Grace
Elder Jenkins Bush Burns

Advertisement
4-3 or 3-4....

Doesn't matter. The soft zone with no pressure is the problem. Also, we do nothing to disguise coverages. There is no attempt to confuse anyone on the other side of the field. The only confusion is on our side.

Doesn't matter what we run the play calling is the problem. Playing a bunch of soft zone.

we might see more 4-3 this year than years past..

Agree. This would not shock me at all. They're backs are against the wall not just because getting fired here, but because of trying to get a coaching job later if/when they do. Pressure is still on this staff to produce some sort of progress. I think they dumb things down on defense and call a more aggressive plan on more occasions than we are used to get padded results.

Advertisement

Nah. Coaches want you to believe that but we'll trot out there the same tired defense. You might get some 4-3 looks against BCC and FAU but when the coaches meet a decent team/offense, they'll go into shell mode and do what they know - 3/4 read and react.

This team is actually ideally designed right now to field an aggressive 4-3 front.

What I don't get is its supposed to be some kind of "bend but don't break" yet we don't tighten up very much when the opposing team gets in the red zone. I believe if I remember correctly our red zone numbers aren't that bad, but **** man whatever we were doing in the first half vs fsu last year is what I wanna see all the time.

It's not the talent, or the scheme, it's the guts to consistiently make aggressive play calls that Dorito lacks!

You'll see a bunch of slot corner blitzes against Bethune, and none against Virginia...SMH

4-3 or 3-4....

Doesn't matter. The soft zone with no pressure is the problem. Also, we do nothing to disguise coverages. There is no attempt to confuse anyone on the other side of the field. The only confusion is on our side.

this. we've already seen Alf's 4-3 in 2011 and it was really ******

Advertisement

Agree. This would not shock me at all. They're backs are against the wall not just because getting fired here, but because of trying to get a coaching job later if/when they do. Pressure is still on this staff to produce some sort of progress. I think they dumb things down on defense and call a more aggressive plan on more occasions than we are used to get padded results.

I spoke with Chicks dad last fall and he said that Mark and Al were wanting to use more 4-3 but did not have the LBs ( depth).. this year they apparently do

It made no sense with all the DL and DT ( lack of talent) that they leaned on the Lbs more but thats what they get paid the big bucks...

keep crying about the scheme and blitzing

coach d called a great play on the goal line where mccord droped back fooling winston

the loser had a ball thrown to his hands and his unatheltic *** tipped it in the air for a FSU TD that swung the game around

keep blaming coaches, though, and not the players

denzel perryman couldn't guard a high school d3 TE.

I spoke with Chicks dad last fall and he said that Mark and Al were wanting to use more 4-3 but did not have the LBs ( depth).. this year they apparently do

It made no sense with all the DL and DT ( lack of talent) that they leaned on the Lbs more but thats what they get paid the big bucks...

No depth at Lb but yet they put four on the field last year?

No depth at Lb but yet they put four on the field last year?

yet all very EXP guys...

Advertisement
We do technically run it, the problem isnt 4-3 or 3-4 its the coverages and our D-line philosophy thats our problem, also spot dropping which i freaking hate seeing when we do it

that's a dumb excuse not to run a 4-3 when you actually need even more lb depth to run a 3-4

Advertisement

Yeah, yeah, Al is the same coach every day and that coach sucks. The real question it who is the chick in your avatar and can we get a bigger pic of her.

So why in the **** would you run a 3-4 then?

4-3 or 3-4....

Lol

Guys please don't get your hopes up. You'll catch yourself like this during the FSU game.

MAD-MICHAEL-IRVIN.gif

Advertisement
Back