I'm telling you guys...

umhurricane2511

Always Faithful
Eventually all this **** luck we've been having will start to even out.

I'm fully expecting us to get out of this funk sooner than later. Don't underestimate just how hard Golden (and his staff) is working.

Advertisement
I believe this too...but I have also been believing this since 2003, and I'm really getting tired of being disappointed year after year after year after year.

I try not to be an "instant gratification" guy because that stuff drives me nuts, but it's well past time we started winning again.

I believe in Al Golden and I'm trying to be patient, but it's tough being a Canes fan and having been spoiled with such epic teams in our past.

One thing is for sure...our coaches are working their behinds off to get this program back where it needs to be. I know we're bringing in some game-changers in this recruiting class, I just want to see a strong close heading into spring practice.

I believe this too...but I have also been believing this since 2003, and I'm really getting tired of being disappointed year after year after year after year.

I try not to be an "instant gratification" guy because that stuff drives me nuts, but it's well past time we started winning again.

I believe in Al Golden and I'm trying to be patient, but it's tough being a Canes fan and having been spoiled with such epic teams in our past.

One thing is for sure...our coaches are working their behinds off to get this program back where it needs to be. I know we're bringing in some game-changers in this recruiting class, I just want to see a strong close heading into spring practice.

Hey your skepticism is certainly valid. I'm in the camp that I want to see results on the field instead of all the talk talk talk.

However, this is the first REAL coaching staff we've had in quite some time. Let's just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I'm not saying we're going to be as dominant as we used to be, but we'll soon be pretty **** good again.

I guess we'll see soon enough. Would really like to see improvement next year. Even though we'll have a pretty bare roster.

I believe Al Golden is the guy we need. The coaches are working like crazy. Agree with you geedee on paper we look pretty thin but a roster full of guys giving 110% is better than what we have had in a long long time. I think the days of players in each others face (holding each other accountable) is coming back

Advertisement

I'm fully expecting us to get out of this funk sooner than later. Don't underestimate just how hard Golden (and his staff) is working.

You can make your own luck though hard work. The last two buffoons didn't put the time in. It's 18 hours/day, 365 days a year job to CEO a MNC Caliber team.

You can make your own luck though hard work. The last two buffoons didn't put the time in. It's 18 hours/day, 365 days a year job to CEO a MNC Caliber team.

18 Hours a day would have severely cut into corchs snake playing time.

Hate to a Debbie Downer and you guys know what a homer I am.. but our depth chart is going to be weak and downright scary for at least the next year, probably 2. That's how it is. This is going to take time.

Advertisement

I think they put in work, they were just incompetent.

Hate to a Debbie Downer and you guys know what a homer I am.. but our depth chart is going to be weak and downright scary for at least the next year, probably 2. That's how it is. This is going to take time.

This. The defense is going to struggle again. It's going to give up a lot of yards and quite a few points. On offense, I expect to see less big plays than they had this season.

On paper, this looks like a .500 team.

decent qb play + above average play on both lines = +2 wins from last year

Having Porter, Vernon, Armstrong for an entire season would help a lot

Things will get worse before they get better.

Well right now it's pretty bad. 6-6 record and we realistically could have won 9-10 games this season.

Losing to bottom feeders BC and Maryland.

Losing to Free Shoes and Va Tech yet again.

Shapiro mess

Players suspended

Just a brutal amount of injuries to key guys

Fire sale at UM (early departures and KEY guys not able to qualify) plus the lack of targets at DT (at the moment).

paper thin depth chart (on paper) for next season.

One major road block. Sanctions? or no Sanctions?

Is Golden the type of coach that can inherit a 6-6 club and make it 7-5 or better? I want to say yes. I like Golden I like his passion, work ethic, energy, and personality.

I would be telling a huge untruth if I said that losing to BC (just BC) on senior day, at home, after Golden said "this is our bowl game" didn't raise a red flag for me.

Tough season, the strangest season I remember at UM, Golden get's a pass from me this year and a wait and see attitude for next season. He walked into a true sh*t storm folks. Right now it's really bad.

Advertisement

This upcoming season is going to be difficult, but I'm with ya. Not only do these guys work hard, but they're smart. We need to attack this thing from the opposite end of the spectrum, and that just takes a little bit of time.

i think being an underdog and sort of under radar team is what they need to be, us against the world. things are not given they are earned.

do work mother****ers and bring us a ACCCG ! I will sell my soul to the devil!

Next season is going to be tough, but I think there will be a few surprises along the way. I think we will win at least a game or two that we shouldn't. It's been a long time since we came in as underdogs and won a big game. Lately we have been losing games that we shouldn't have. I think we'll have some of those too next year. I think it's going to be a wild ride.

Advertisement
i think being an underdog and sort of under radar team is what they need to be, us against the world. things are not given they are earned.

we're always using the "us against the world" mentality. thing about it is we've still been losing so it's just stupid right now.

If you're going to sell your soul at least make it for a NC, not just an ACC crown.

we're always using the "us against the world" mentality. thing about it is we've still been losing so it's just stupid right now.

+1, the last time we've truly played with the "us against the world" mentality was 2005 @ VT.

We just need to be a little bit better than the rest of the ACC over the next few years. And that really isn't that difficult. ****, an average Canes team (by Hurricanes standards) would have gotten to the ACC Championship game probably each of the last 3 years. I think it will take at least another 2 or so years before we are a legit national force. But we can easily be a smoke and mirror force thanks to playing in the ACC before then.

Advertisement
Back