I'm taking a leave of absence from baseball

Miami04

Senior
Yea this is a look at me thread. I have decided that this team is ruining my weekends right now and I just need a break from the frustration. I have watched every game live this year except 4 and I have attended two games ( I live in TN). But last weekend was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

The frustrating part is we are getting worse every week. We actually peaked in the first month of the season, and we were playing bad then.

Gino can't push the right buttons, our freshman pitching is turning into a disaster the longer the season goes, our hitting never woke up and it is all getting worse. That's why I need a break. I just can't commit 3 hours each day over the weekends and then being ****ed off for the rest of the night when it seems like I care more than the players.

I am going to check the scores at the end of the day and hope for the best.

I am jumping back in for the ACC tournament (if we even make it) but maybe I am the bad luck. If the team goes on a run over the next few weeks I promise to stay away the rest of the year. They are 4-0 in the games I've not watched.

Advertisement
I hear ya. I've watched every game. I feel the same of much of what your saying. I just shake my head and watch a movie later to clear my head. I'll continue to watch because I'm a fan of college baseball despite the ugly outcomes.

I look at it this way. If the team turns it around, then it will be fun watching the games. If the teams doesn't turn things around, they won't be in the conference tournament very long. If it all goes south they'll miss the NCAA's and we won't have to be agonized any longer this year.

If Gino isn't really the answer here, it makes things pretty tricky. Not only has he been on the team forever and is an alum of the program/university, his family has donated a ton of money and his father is a former Chair of the Board.

But Miami baseball cannot continue to be a borderline program and it won't be tolerated for long.

Same sentiments here. On paper one of the more talented set of players we've had here in a while. I'm not at the point where I think Gino is not the answer despite him not being able to push the right buttons yet. I'm just tired of watching bad uninspired baseball from a team who should be playing better. I will give them time to figure it out, but I won't be watching and intently following until they do. It's just so frustrating and disappointing watching these results from a team many had making a deep run in Omaha.

Same sentiments here. On paper one of the more talented set of players we've had here in a while. I'm not at the point where I think Gino is not the answer despite him not being able to push the right buttons yet. I'm just tired of watching bad uninspired baseball from a team who should be playing better. I will give them time to figure it out, but I won't be watching and intently following until they do. It's just so frustrating and disappointing watching these results from a team many had making a deep run in Omaha.

To narrow it down even further. The exact moment I gave up was when Delly bunted for a single down the 3rd base line to loads the bases with one out and Lala gets thrown out rounding third. It was the stupidest base running mistake I’ve ever seen at the college level and at least his second stupid one of the series.

The players play like they are going through the motions and don’t care or know where they are.

Advertisement
If Gino isn't really the answer here, it makes things pretty tricky. Not only has he been on the team forever and is an alum of the program/university, his family has donated a ton of money and his father is a former Chair of the Board.

But Miami baseball cannot continue to be a borderline program and it won't be tolerated for long.
Miami baseball IS a borderline program and it WILL be tolerated indefinitely. Gino will be hc until he quits.

As to OP, for your own mental health you should extend your leave of absence to every sport. I didn't watch a second of UM football or basketball this past year and it saved me a bunch of inevitable disappointment.

As to OP, for your own mental health you should extend your leave of absence to every sport. I didn't watch a second of UM football or basketball this past year and it saved me a bunch of inevitable disappointment.
We need more fans like you.............said absolutely no one ever.
We have received your application for King of the Mopes. It is being reviewed currently and I must say, your qualifications are astounding.

Advertisement
To narrow it down even further. The exact moment I gave up was when Delly bunted for a single down the 3rd base line to loads the bases with one out and Lala gets thrown out rounding third. It was the stupidest base running mistake I’ve ever seen at the college level and at least his second stupid one of the series.

The players play like they are going through the motions and don’t care or know where they are.
THAT moment was the deciding factor? I have seen that type of baserunning for years here. **** Week 1 Toral walked home and cost us a very important run, had he even jogged he scores. I don't know where to find the stats but no team gives up more outs on the bases than us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Happy Hour Reaction GIF

I'd be more irritated if the rest of the ACC wasn't just as mediocre. Still feels like the conference is there for the taking for whatever team gets hot at the right time.

I stopped at UNC. If I could tape them I would watch them but I aint sitting thru that crap.

Advertisement
Yea this is a look at me thread. I have decided that this team is ruining my weekends right now and I just need a break from the frustration. I have watched every game live this year except 4 and I have attended two games ( I live in TN). But last weekend was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

The frustrating part is we are getting worse every week. We actually peaked in the first month of the season, and we were playing bad then.

Gino can't push the right buttons, our freshman pitching is turning into a disaster the longer the season goes, our hitting never woke up and it is all getting worse. That's why I need a break. I just can't commit 3 hours each day over the weekends and then being ****ed off for the rest of the night when it seems like I care more than the players.

I am jumping back in for the ACC tournament (if we even make it) but maybe I am the bad luck. If the team goes on a run over the next few weeks I promise to stay away the rest of the year. They are 4-0 in the games I've not watched.
See ya at App State tomorrow

My sentiments and response to the team and season precisely!

Hard to argue with any of this. This team has been a broken record for a long time. That starts from the top. Gino is a nice guy but can’t get the best out of his players because we all continue to see the same bonehead mistakes year in and year out. JD is a great guy but same for the pitching staff. I will continue to watch because my liver and heart tell me to.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Back