I'm seeing a lot of "Coach D must go" from fans

SolidCane

Senior
Banned
I think some you don't understand this is Golden's defense. He implemented this defense and has used it since his Al Groh days. Dorito is just running it for him. Canning coach D won't change anything.

We need a new Head Coach. Letting go of the assistants is just delaying the inevitable.

Advertisement
Dorito will be the scapegoat to give Golden another year if we end up 6-6 or worse this year. Bringing in a new DC will mean a new defense.

I was in favor of firing the DC and the Defensive staff until last night. But after hearing Golden say that he is happy with the direction and progress of the Defense last night, it is obviuos that he is clueless and needs to be fired also. Every player he has coached here has regressed. He and his staff are the most incompetent coaches I have ever seen- and that includes the high schools that I follow.

Dorito will be the scapegoat to give Golden another year if we end up 6-6 or worse this year. Bringing in a new DC will mean a new defense.

Golden abandoning HIS defense is admitting incompetence and failure. He won't bring in a new defense. What makes you think he'd be willing to?

And why would anyone want a coach who runs his program in this manner? A new defense will not change the clown show we see on the field.

What the program needs is a new coaching staff. Also, we need changes in the administration and athletic department. Hopefully with Donna leaving, this will finally happen.

Advertisement

Not necessarily a new defense but rather a better 3-4 scheme, bringing in a guy like Wisconsin DC Dave Aranda would change the defense dramatically over night.

Go Canes

Last edited:
D'nofrio is a big problem. But you have to cut off the head of the snake. Al Golden must be fired. Anything less is a bandaid on a bigger problem.

At this point, who is openly saying keep Golden? Yeah, they are connected at the hip anyway so no question they both must go.

Advertisement

Golden abandoning HIS defense is admitting incompetence and failure. He won't bring in a new defense. What makes you think he'd be willing to?

And why would anyone want a coach who runs his program in this manner? A new defense will not change the clown show we see on the field.

What the program needs is a new coaching staff. Also, we need changes in the administration and athletic department. Hopefully with Donna leaving, this will finally happen.

He won't have a choice. If he goes 6-6 or worse, heads will roll. How he plays it will depend on if it is his.

Yes it will if the DC gets to bring in his own guys and teach his mindset. Coley has shown we can improve. He called a very decent game last night.

It all won't change overnight, it never does. One step at a time.

I think most rational people understand that it starts and ends with Al. Firing Dorito would only mask the problem, but still, to not hold anyone accountable is just ******* ridiculous. Firing our DC isn't the answer but it should be done anyway.

Advertisement
I think some you don't understand this is Golden's defense. He implemented this defense and has used it since his Al Groh days. Dorito is just running it for him. Canning coach D won't change anything.

We need a new Head Coach. Letting go of the assistants is just delaying the inevitable.
Brick by brick if necessary.

If the boat is sinking and your engine is dead, you don't stop trying to plug the hole because your not sure if you can get back to land.

I think most rational people understand that it starts and ends with Al. Firing Dorito would only mask the problem, but still, to not hold anyone accountable is just ******* ridiculous. Firing our DC isn't the answer but it should be done anyway.
Exactly. Beyond Al, how can players learn accountability if the coaches aren't held to same standard.

is that you Roger?

Advertisement

If Dnofrio gets fired, Al might leave with him which would get us off the hook for his contract. At the very least, there might be a settlement.

Probably just the administration pushing this bullshyt so we can have an AG excuse, fkin cowards. Randy and Larry made changes and it was the same ****, it starts at the top. AG has to go

The time for that has pass. Golden doesnt adjust in games, in offseason, ever. He is inflexible and he is the main reason we are where we are. get a real coach in here and go from there. What golden does well has been implemented and taken us as far as he is needed. His services are not needed anymore in south florida.

Advertisement
Back