I'm not a golden defender, but...

Here's what we absolutely know with 100% certainty! The Golden/D'Nofrio defenses have given up record breaking yardage every year. Have never stopped a top 25 team. No sign it will ever happen. They also have not done "anything" development wise except have players put on weight and stronger in the weight room. If that makes me insane then I'm crazy *** ****!

Advertisement
2 years ago I admit I was satisfied with his answers. Well, not anymore. That **** doesn't hold water in any world, let alone a college football fanbase that is begging to be relevant again. For all his bull**** talk about respecting our past and embracing it, he doesn't seem to give two ***** about what we should be.

Well he sure as **** isn't blaming the scheme for any of our problems. So if that's not the issue, and he's also not blaming the players, then what the **** is the reason for this **** show I consistently subject my eye balls to on a weekly basis? "We need to look at everything." You've been doing that for almost 4 years, at what point do you actually find something.

Bottom line is Al is the coach, IMO this is 100% on him. Saying it starts with me (Golden) and then spews out bull **** excuses, reasons and placing blame on the players is disengenous. These kids came to the U for the most part because of the education and the staff that sold them on the program. The staff has not delivered **** and it certainly appears they have impeded the development progress of the players who believed, and now seem to be brainwashed that these losers are brilliant football minds.

Al really needs to go, IMO he owes it to these kids. Of course he is not giving up his money boat. It will be interesting to see if he throw sDorito to the curb if there is chance Golden and family may suffer financially. What I a sure about is that this **** show cannot continue.

So, let's say it is the players, and they are not making plays because they don't understand their responsibilities in this scheme after all this time, doesn't that tell you that perhaps the scheme is too complex and that it might be time to shift to something the players can learn and execute? Maybe I'm just thinking outside the box.

Advertisement
I'm still in disbelief after year 4 with waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better talent that we still look horrible. To the point I do want to believe everything negative about AG including throwing players under the bus, even though nothing legible shows he has...

So, let's say it is the players, and they are not making plays because they don't understand their responsibilities in this scheme after all this time, doesn't that tell you that perhaps the scheme is too complex and that it might be time to shift to something the players can learn and execute? Maybe I'm just thinking outside the box.

It may be just bad communication in teaching, bad scheme, bad tackling, not holding ground, lack of aggression to me the bottom line for all of those and the many more on this stated on this board is that Golden needs to go.

It doesn't really matter what Greaseball or his meatball buddy have to say anymore. It's not year 1 or 2 where lame excuses might hold some water. It's year 4, so if it's the players, then it's his players. If it's anything at all at this point in the process it's on him. All of it.

There's a point where explanations or excuses or whatever you want to call them for consistent failure become meaningless. That point has already passed.

He'd be much better off just saying, "it's broken, and it's on me to get it fixed." Anything but that leaves you open to be eviscerated by fans who are sick of your failures and your weak messages.

It doesn't really matter what Greaseball or his meatball buddy have to say anymore. It's not year 1 or 2 where lame excuses might hold some water. It's year 4, so if it's the players, then it's his players. If it's anything at all at this point in the process it's on him. All of it.

There's a point where explanations or excuses or whatever you want to call them for consistent failure become meaningless. That point has already passed.

He'd be much better off just saying, "it's broken, and it's on me to get it fixed." Anything but that leaves you open to be eviscerated by fans who are sick of your failures and your weak messages.

Agree.

Advertisement
"I resign effective immediately!" Is the only thing I'm interested in hearing Golden say at this point.

this or the concept of the scheme isnt being taught properly to them

Most of you are reaching with this "golden blaming players" crap. I think the defensive scheme sucks and donofrio needs to go, if not both.

finkle+einhorn.gif

Most of you are reaching with this "golden blaming players" crap. I think the defensive scheme sucks and donofrio needs to go, if not both.

Perhaps not to the extent that you are suggesting but at a minimum, his comments certainly seem deflectionary away from the real issue, which is the defensive scheme.

Advertisement
At this point he's just spinning his wheels and saying the same thing over and over again. his BS act served him well for his first three years, but much like his defensive philosophy he can't seem to adapt to the new realities around him. No one wants to hear or cares for his excuses. We just want results.

Advertisement
Back