Im going to go on a limb here

Santana Sosa

Freshman
As we all watch how the coaching names come and go, I'm starting to see a trend. While as fans, we've been associating this "money no object" narrative with making a splash hiring for OC.

Not only am I starting to think it wont be a splash hire, but the money is starting to look suspect as well.
-We are probably paying Manny about 2-2.5 million.(safe assumption) we were paying 4 million for Richt. Net gain, 1.5 million max.
-I'm not sure what Manny's salary was as DC, but let's go a conservative $650k. New DC is a cheap up and commer only made like $250k at LA Tech. Let's say we double @$500k. Net gain $150k
-Defensive side of the ball coaches no change in pay.
-Offensive coaches we are going to save a TON due to the bloated salaries of the previous staffs. Almost every coach had a dual title, thus dual compensation. With the names being thrown out, I dont see us paying those same type of salaries for these guys. Fedora is pretty much the only name that looks like he would command a million or better.
So if I took just a wild stab, we actually look like we are trying to SAVE money, than spend it, which is fine...I guess. But it certainly gives me pause thinking we are going to make any homerun hires. It's starting to look like this staff may only be a million or 2 about what we paid Richt in salary alone.

Last thought, also seems like Manny doesn't want a bigger name on staff then his. I may be wrong, but it seems anyone with more than 500 twitter followers is no longer a candidate for any of these positions.

Advertisement
But... but they said Soffer was ready to pony up $10M in buyout money for Cristobal alone.

As we all watch how the coaching names come and go, I'm starting to see a trend. While as fans, we've been associating this "money no object" narrative with making a splash hiring for OC.

Not only am I starting to think it wont be a splash hire, but the money is starting to look suspect as well.
-We are probably paying Manny about 2-2.5 million.(safe assumption) we were paying 4 million for Richt. Net gain, 1.5 million max.
-I'm not sure what Manny's salary was as DC, but let's go a conservative $650k. New DC is a cheap up and commer only made like $250k at LA Tech. Let's say we double @$500k. Net gain $150k
-Offensive coaches we are going to save a TON due to the bloated salaries of the previous staffs. Almost every coach had a dual title, thus dual compensation. With the names being thrown out, I dont see us paying those same type of salaries for these guys. Fedora is pretty much the only name that looks like he would command a million or better.
So if I took just a wild stab, we actually look like we are trying to SAVE money, than spend it, which is fine...I guess. But it certainly gives me pause thinking we are going to make any homerun hires. It's starting to look like this staff may only be a million or 2 about what we paid Richt in salary alone.

Last thought, also seems like Manny doesn't want a bigger name on staff then his. I may be wrong, but it seems anyone with more than 500 twitter followers is no longer a candidate for any of these positions.

Thanks for the nonsensical dribble...

Welcome to the University of Miami.

We're a nickel and dime, mom n pop operation.

Advertisement
Manny was making over $1mm if rumors are true. But I don’t disagree. I think we are trying to cut spending on staff after Richt. The BOT and James saw a chance to cut some payroll after Richt left for free so they took it. It’s the only explaination.

I hope your limb breaks

Manny was making over $1mm if rumors are true. But I don’t disagree. I think we are trying to cut spending on staff after Richt. The BOT and James saw a chance to cut some payroll after Richt left for free so they took it. It’s the only explaination.

I think you need to reassess what “only explanation” means.

Advertisement

Did you bring your saw

I don’t see the monetary angle. Especially if we are saving money and will get extra money from the ACC network next year. No excuse to not pony up for offensive staff.

Advertisement
Manny has mentioned several times he's going to take his time obviously he knows who he is hiring and it may be due because they're still coaching in a game that it hasn't been announced, now how about everybody back away from the cliff and let the dude do his job before we start speculating and acting like a bunch of *******.

Name recognition doesn't matter to me. Give me a young, hungry, innovative OC that's going to bring a staff full of recruiters.

Money isn’t the hold up. It’s geting it right is.
Manny got to find the makeup of excellence in play calling and good recruiting.

Advertisement
Wouldn’t surprise me. So far they’ve been pretty cheap in their hirings starting with Manny. No surprise coming from this pathetic university.

Manny realizes our O was below pathetic. He wants to fix this issue. I think he will do whatever he can to bring in a Top Gun OC. As for the $ part, Flake knows his little white **** is the one on the hot seat now. He has to get the $ for Manny so he can save his own ****.

Manny realizes our O was below pathetic. He wants to fix this issue. I think he will do whatever he can to bring in a Top Gun OC. As for the $ part, Flake knows his little white **** is the one on the hot seat now. He has to get the $ for Manny so he can save his own ****.
Money isn’t the hold up. It’s geting it right is.
Manny got to find the makeup of excellence in play calling and good recruiting.

My thought isn't we dont have the money, it's just I don't see us spending it like we all think or might have thought we would. It looks like at the end of the day, this staff will be much cheaper than our last.

Going to be a lonely limb.
I figured as much
I hope your limb breaks
Dark. Who wishes stuff like this on other people though?

Advertisement
Back