I'm Concerned

I think they'll be alright.
I read that a few of their players are going to go both ways and their bringing up some JV guys.

Advertisement
This is where my head goes at.
Miami put out a bad product on the field in 2018 and have to prove themselves but let’s be real about the situation, again score just 28 in every game last year Miami is 11-1 in the regular season... we had like 3 1 loss score games due to the horrible offense. With that gone let’s just see what happens 8-24

Careful Icarus...
Ya'll are getting way too ****y... Taking the shades off here, other than ND and Vtech the other year, our track record with these big national games isn't exactly something to hedge the mortgage on.
I would love to win and think we have a decent chance. But we haven't produced lately and have no reason to come into this expecting anything.

First they dropped us from the schedule. Then they ran all their players off looking for a draw.

Florida, as a state, is consistently an embarrassment to the nation, just as Florida, as a university, is consistently an embarrassment to college football.
Wish I knew how to use Gifs and give you a get out one. Florida is one of the best states you could possibly ask for in this country!

Advertisement
Yeah, we may want to slow our role a bit. LSU was going to be a bombing and that was painful to watch a year ago.
I mean LSU had what?
296 total yards
11-24 140 yards passing(94 yards given up by dean)
56 yard rush with a defense comprised of largely Miami backups.

With the inaccuracies of malik, horrible punting and just issues overall in the game we didn’t play well at all. Literally everything that could go wrong went wrong that game. People hype uga up but they were beat worse by LSU last year and gave up much more defensively and no one is putting a ceiling on how high their team can go because of that loss...

You want some good advice? Stay humble, do not forget all the Miami fans talking s*** last year about what we would do to Lsu before the season started. You all should remember that well. Just stay humble
Man, you beat me to it!! I remember all the LSU dumpster fire and chaos and the new coach problems with guys getting in trouble and sitting out the first game to only getting our *** kicked all over the field!!

Now some are falling for the same oki dok again!! I think humility is a foreign word to a lot of people on here!! Especially when we were not very good at the end of last season! I will wait to see what we do to them when the whistle blows August 24th in Orlando!!

I mean LSU had what?
296 total yards
11-24 140 yards passing(94 yards given up by dean)
56 yard rush with a defense comprised of largely Miami backups.

With the inaccuracies of malik, horrible punting and just issues overall in the game we didn’t play well at all. Literally everything that could go wrong went wrong that game. People hype uga up but they were beat worse by LSU last year and gave up much more defensively and no one is putting a ceiling on how high their team can go because of that loss...
Like you, I have been watching this program for a long time. I used to have the utmost confidence with these games back in the day. I will take a wait and see approach for the time being. I want the game over by halftime like it was back in the day at LSU, at night, but that was a different time.

I also agree everything that could go wrong did but they still lost. And they still lost a bunch more after that game and I watched a team quit in a bowl game.

I want to see a QB actually do something in a game, a line block and a specialty unit look like they have a friggin’ clue.

Miami needs to not “be back”, have “swag”, they have to earn a win and start earning respect. I believe it will start in August.

Advertisement
I’m a gayta hata always have been. Don’t be overconfident since we are fielding a new offensive system with new coaches and players on both sides of the ball in a 1st game of season in a rivalry game. We might not be firing on all cylinders this early in the season. I hope I’m wrong - just tempering my expectations.

Call it battered wife syndrome but I'm still concerned we'll find a way to lose.

Hopefully Manny is the cleansing we so desperately needed.

Advertisement
Like you, I have been watching this program for a long time. I used to have the utmost confidence with these games back in the day. I will take a wait and see approach for the time being. I want the game over by halftime like it was back in the day at LSU, at night, but that was a different time.

I also agree everything that could go wrong did but they still lost. And they still lost a bunch more after that game and I watched a team quit in a bowl game.

I want to see a QB actually do something in a game, a line block and a specialty unit look like they have a friggin’ clue.

Miami needs to not “be back”, have “swag”, they have to earn a win and start earning respect. I believe it will start in August.
It is wait and see for me as well but I have hope for one very specific reason:

Manny was able to take us from the 77th best defense to the 12th with effectively the same players as NoD (which included some serious holes). I don't think it is a stretch to think Enos can do the same for the offense.

Advertisement
It is wait and see for me as well but I have hope for one very specific reason:

Manny was able to take us from the 77th best defense to the 12th with effectively the same players as NoD (which included some serious holes). I don't think it is a stretch to think Enos can do the same for the offense.
I am praying that is the case. My optimism is more optimistic than in the past if that makes sense.

We couldn’t beat UVA and Dook last season. Let’s take it easy. This is still a very mediocre program with a new coach we just hope can turn it into something special.
Non existent offense /passing game had NOTHING to do with this huh?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back