I'm all in for next year

**** that we can win all our games... we should beat FSU as well... We need 2 schedule a SEC school in there too... stop with the medicracy... schedule Alabama and Florida even ND again! Get rid of these sub conference schools get a harder schedule... I feel we are 1 year from it all we just need a statement year next year get into the top 15 at least and 2014 we going to the ship...

Advertisement
We need Curtis Porter healthy and in the lineup.. Apparently there were some rumblings that he was thinking of declaring... He is key

Agree with this. The D (and team in general) looked a **** of a lot better when he came in. Would really suck if he declared.

We need Curtis Porter healthy and in the lineup.. Apparently there were some rumblings that he was thinking of declaring... He is key

I believe this was started by a radio host who had no insight other then his own. He never spoke to Porter either.

Let's not forget the following:

1. Porter watched several guys leave (after being lied to), with eligibility remaining, fail to get drafted/make teams,

2. Porter is not from South Florida,

3. Porter has been here for 4 years already, so he may have a degree and may be ready to move on, and

4. Porter isn't guaranteed to be drafted now (probably because of injuries and lack of film), so maybe he knows this and wants to come back and work his way into the first 3 rounds of the draft.

The combination of the above, plus no indication from Porter he wants to leave, makes me feel he will be here.

10 wins is almost impossible with our defense. Just don't see the defense steping up that much next year. Really after a entire year this defense has not gotten any better at all, even Duke believes they can score on every possession.

They need to get better as a unit, but a number of players have gotten better as the season progressed.

Pierre, Porter (when healthy), Bush, EJ (when he's not being a goon), Jenkins, Howard, Gaines, Gunter. They will all be here next year as well. Most are freshman, too.

Did you forget DP

10 wins is almost impossible with our defense. Just don't see the defense steping up that much next year. Really after a entire year this defense has not gotten any better at all, even Duke believes they can score on every possession.

Ummm....we were 2 play from winning 9 this year with what will likely have been a worse defense. Why can't we win 10 next year?

Great point not since

Advertisement
I like our chances.
We return a bunch of players of which the most important is the return of a SR QB with solid experience.
If Duke Johnson blew your mind this year as 190 true freshman wait till he comes back jacked to 200+. Add to that that he will be running behind a better OL and you've got a formula for success.

FSU is losing some players. WHo will be there QB?
VT loses some players and maybe Logan Thomas.
UF is losing some players on defense and a couple of JR's that could declare early.

10+ wins is in the store with a possible undefeated season.

Unbelievable that there is even talk of people like Porter and even SMH leaving. Last year was a different story because of our NCAA issues, but what kind of program are we running here that people run away like its on fire after starting less than half a season?

Advertisement
Tim Reynolds @ByTimReynolds
Quick look at what Miami could have back on offense: 64 percent of the run game, 100 percent of passing, 78 percent of receiving yards.

not bad

What were losing is 100 percent replaceable assuming we get Collins.

I'm not too worried about the running game. OT and Crawford are serviceable and its scary to think what Duke can do after a year in the weight program. Would love to have Collins obviously but even if we miss out on him we will be ok.

Quick look at what Miami could have back on offense: 64 percent of the run game, 100 percent of passing, 78 percent of receiving yards.

not bad

I'm not too worried about the running game. OT and Crawford are serviceable and its scary to think what Duke can do after a year in the weight program. Would love to have Collins obviously but even if we miss out on him we will be ok.

My guess is we don't see OT next year.

not bad

My guess is we don't see OT next year.

Why? We definetly don't have the numbers at RB to be running him off if thats what you're suggesting

I believe this was started by a radio host who had no insight other then his own. He never spoke to Porter either.

Let's not forget the following:

1. Porter watched several guys leave (after being lied to), with eligibility remaining, fail to get drafted/make teams,

2. Porter is not from South Florida,

3. Porter has been here for 4 years already, so he may have a degree and may be ready to move on, and

4. Porter isn't guaranteed to be drafted now (probably because of injuries and lack of film), so maybe he knows this and wants to come back and work his way into the first 3 rounds of the draft.

The combination of the above, plus no indication from Porter he wants to leave, makes me feel he will be here.

IF Porter stays healthy and plays another year, could easily be a first three round pick. Need him and SH to return.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back