I'll take it

reg

Sophomore
We just went on the road and came out with a coastal division win. Putting us at 1-0 in the division, while simultaneously putting G-Tech at 1-2 in the ACC. Did we get gashed today on D, absolutely. However, the D is also why we came out with the W. Starting 3 freshman linebackers that are seeing the triple option for the first time at the level that G-Tech runs it, is not an easy task for any team; especially a team that is playing in a new scheme without their top 3 returning tacklers from last year.

Our Game plan on both Offense and Defense was suspect at best. Our freshman linebackers took bad angles all day. However, that was pretty much expected to be the case. They are freshman playing against a tricky offense that they will not face again the entire year. Though they had their struggles, it was those same freshmen that came up with major turnovers that many would argue was the difference in the game.

All in all, a coastal win on the road, is a coastal win on the road.
4-0 and 1-0 heading into FSU week, I will take it any day of the week!!!

Advertisement
At some point we need to not be vanilla on O. We should have carved them up in the air to open up the run game.

Advertisement
the fact is we will not play another version of this defense for the rest of the year. this game is not about defensive stats or getting "gashed." This game is about getting a W and a little confidence.

I'll gladly take it. A lot of highly ranked teams have struggled with much worse than GT, especially going into arguably the biggest game this year.

This wasn't a great win but plenty of highly rated teams have had worse performances. Clemson won a fairly close game over an FCS opponent for example.

With that being said I haven't been very inspired by the playcalling this year. Richt seems to be learning to call plays again after 10 years of not doing so, which is understandable.

Advertisement
This wasn't a great win but plenty of highly rated teams have had worse performances. Clemson won a fairly close game over an FCS opponent for example.

With that being said I haven't been very inspired by the playcalling this year. Richt seems to be learning to call plays again after 10 years of not doing so, which is understandable.

I don't know. That last TD drive was no fluke.

Advertisement
At some point we need to not be vanilla on O. We should have carved them up in the air to open up the run game.

I'm starting to get the impression that the O IS very vanilla.

It's all about executing it at speed.

Our offense is fine. It only looks bad cuz we only had the ball for like 10 minutes, those mistakes are gonna be amplified.

I'm starting to get the impression that the O IS very vanilla.

It's all about executing it at speed.

I don't think the offense is vanilla. Why show cards that you don't have to show? Also, I believe that Richt chose to stick with the run game and not go up tempo as much, so that our Defense would get a bit of a rest as well.

Advertisement
Once we got up with the defensive scores I think Richt got very conservative because he didn't feel threatened. When they got close 21-28 we opened up a bit to get the score up 14 again.

Once we got up with the defensive scores I think Richt got very conservative because he didn't feel threatened. When they got close 21-28 we opened up a bit to get the score up 14 again.

This once we needed to score he opened it up with those slant patterns then just ran those 3-4 times in a row and scored

Advertisement
Back