If you were Manny game planning for NCST...

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
...and, you weren't going to fire yourself, but actually try to win the game, how would you conduct your practices as DC?

If it were me, I would spend a very minimal amount of time preparing for NCST's O, I would have Shoop basically doing that, and I would spend 97% of this week on tackling drills.

As undeserving as he is, the crazy thing is, if he were to shore up his tackling woes, he could still win out, probably get to the ACCCHGM and have a chance to win out period.

But, we all know he's gonna have more of his country club practices, so....

Advertisement
Liam Smiling GIF by Hollyoaks

Oklahoma drills for each position group, whoever 'loses' doesn't get any snaps. After that take the team out for ice cream and Top Golf with some civics lessons sprinkled in.

Have these "country club" practices been confirmed?

Jaquan Johnson played here under the same DC. He never missed a tackle. Was he taught differently than, say, James Williams is being? Or Gurvan Hall has been/is being? Or is this just an easy cop out?

Advertisement
I was listening to a podcast yesterday talking about college football Saturday and how Indiana shut down Michigan state and almost beat them. It was a slug fest. And Indiana sucks. And one of the guys says Michigan state was never that good and if you plug the run lanes you can easily shut them down. Well then. We are unable to do that because that’s not “manures scheme”

Yes because this has been the only important game in the past 3 years so he is about to come up with a rock solid game plan.

He is what he is. This program is what it is. The admin and the AD are what they are. Don’t expect anything different. If this coaching staff and AD had any inclination of what to do, NC state would be ****ing their pants right now and the minute that buss rolls into the parking lot at hard rock they would be met by the same drunken mob that took all the life out of the domers. Hard rock would have 65k fans on a Saturday night in a electric atmosphere that would make our dline a mob of bloodthirsty savages that would get an easy 15 tfl’s.

Instead, The game day plan is how can we allow almost 200 yards in the 1st quarter. How can we overcome a 3 score deficit in the second half.
The game plan is how can we rpo them to death. The plan is to set a record for most missed tackles in a season in the history of cfb.

Advertisement
Drop the RPO, which seems top be the primary reason the O cannot move the ball.

Your WRs appear to be transfering so play the ones that deserve to start along with the rest of the team.

Drop the RPO, which seems top be the primary reason the O cannot move the ball.

Your WRs appear to be transfering so play the ones theat deserve to start along with the rest of the team.
100% agree! Forget the stupid RPO plan that doesn't work for us. Keep it simple and configure the O to feature TVD's strengths.

Advertisement
Yes because this has been the only important game in the past 3 years so he is about to come up with a rock solid game plan.

He is what he is. This program is what it is. The admin and the AD are what they are. Don’t expect anything different. If this coaching staff and AD had any inclination of what to do, NC state would be ****ing their pants right now and the minute that buss rolls into the parking lot at hard rock they would be met by the same drunken mob that took all the life out of the domers. Hard rock would have 65k fans on a Saturday night in a electric atmosphere that would make our dline a mob of bloodthirsty savages that would get an easy 15 tfl’s.

Instead, The game day plan is how can we allow almost 200 yards in the 1st quarter. How can we overcome a 3 score deficit in the second half.
The game plan is how can we rpo them to death. The plan is to set a record for most missed tackles in a season in the history of cfb.
I'm pretty numb this season and in general about our program but you actually broke through and made me a little sad about what the atmosphere could and SHOULD be this Saturday night if we were remotely where we SHOULD be.

Instead I'm left to debate whether to even just go for the tailgate as I have no interest in going in for the game and now also will probably have to stop at the first Asian Spa I see on the way home tonight to ask for a "Bob Kraft Special" to see if it makes the sadz go away.

I'm pretty numb this season and in general about our program but you actually broke through and made me a little sad about what the atmosphere could and SHOULD be this Saturday night if we were remotely where we SHOULD be.

Instead I'm left to debate whether to even just go for the tailgate as I have no interest in going in for the game and now also will probably have to stop at the first Asian Spa I see on the way home tonight to ask for a "Bob Kraft Special" to see if it makes the sadz go away.
I’ll be there.
At the stadium.
With my luck the day I decide to go into any of the plethora of Asian “massage” joints all over the tri county it will be the day it gets raided. I don’t have the money or the power to resurrect my career like Bobby did.

Advertisement
Do we really need 97% of our time to teach guys that they're not supposed to shoulder tackle?!

And, to answer your question - yes. Apparently, they don't know any better. Not making a joke. We are the worst tackling team in the country. I would spend 97% or more this week on teaching the boys how to get guys on the ground.

Advertisement
Back