If You Knew

Last week a poster started a thread about,how the SEC is paying off UM to stay irrelevant. I did not drink that cool-aid.
But something is at work against us. In the BOT'S ? the administration ?. I don't have the answer, we should compete for championships every three years, with this fertile recruiting so close.

Advertisement
Answer - Always a Cane -- Stupid Question - you never know with college football - this program has been declared dead multiple times in the last 30 years - go canes

I think being a smaller private school with limited funds, we will continue as 8 to 9 win team with possible contending teams if we ever have a superstar qb.

Advertisement
Only if my son plays for another team. But it wont stop me from being a canes fan.
But my son plays soccer so maybe **** be a kicker if he decides to go football.
So far he's all cane.
If my son played for another team I would root for Miami. And disown him for not going to Miami.

Advertisement
With 100% certainty that the Canes would never, ever, again be better that an 8 or 9 win season team, would you pack it in and find another team to root for?
As long as the 8-9 wins included beating ND, FSU, and that FU school every time we played them I'm good.

With 100% certainty that the Canes would never, ever, again be better that an 8 or 9 win season team, would you pack it in and find another team to root for?
No. I could root for Maryland, since I went there for grad school. However, they are as ####ed up as Miami is and will always be just as bad. My interest in CFB has been waning anyway. Sick and tired of these dumbass redneck yahoos winning every year because they pay their players like a pro team. It’s become boring as the NFL.

Advertisement
Miami will always be one good coach away from being highly competitive on a national basis. We have a ton of elite talent right in our backyard. All you need is a good coach with good recruiters on staff (and support from various factions) and the Canes will rebound fast.

While I think changes need to be made to the staff (hire an OC, change OL coach etc), if our freshman really step up and work hard (and we salvage this recruiting class) we can be great again in a couple of years. I think the views expressed on this board are too negative. There are reasons for optimism:

• Cam and Lingard will be better & more explosive than Homer & Deejay (both great Canes but not as elite as Lingard).
  • Brevin and Mallory will be special together.
  • Kosi or Jarren will be better than Rosier (and we won 10 games with him).
  • Our best young WR need to step up and deliver next season. I'm confident they will.

We badly need a great punter though. We also need some nasty guys on OL. Defense will be very solid.

Please try to look ahead instead of blindly bashing a staff that had to work with some of Golden's holdovers (like Rosier). There is really good young talent on this team (especially on offense). They simply need to mature and receive better coaching on offense.

I'll just chill till Mork and his kid leave...Its pretty much the same premise.

Advertisement
Last week a poster started a thread about,how the SEC is paying off UM to stay irrelevant. I did not drink that cool-aid.
But something is at work against us. In the BOT'S ? the administration ?. I don't have the answer, we should compete for championships every three years, with this fertile recruiting so close.
What's working against us is incompetence (hiring and extending the wrong coaches), complacency (ACC fills your coffers so why try harder), and we fans who had a long dring of success and we want more RIGHT NOW!

No conspiracy needed, we have a perfect **** stew.

Advertisement
Back