If you have any doubts about Saturday's game...

Moonman

иди нахуй
...rewatch the Clemson game.

Right now you might be saying to yourself..."Self, what the fúck is this crazy àsshole talking about?"

Do it, then come back and tell me what you saw.

I'll tell you what I saw. I saw a team that left it all out there. I saw young players growing up. I saw resilience. I saw leaders motivating their teammates when hope was hard to come by.

Then realize that since then this team has won 5 in a row by overcoming adversity, by buckling down on defense late in the game and preventing the opponent from stealing a win.

This team will beat UNC on Saturday. They may score 40. We may make Sam Howell look like Baker Mayfield, but those bítches will leave Miami with a fat àss L.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Right now you might be saying to yourself..."Self, what the fúck is this crazy àsshole talking about?"

I'll tell you what I saw. I saw a team that left it all out there. I saw young players growing up. I saw resilience. I saw leaders motivating their teammates when hope was hard to come by.

Then realize that since then this team has won 5 in a row by overcoming adversity, by buckling down on defense late in the game and preventing the opponent from stealing a win.

This team will beat UNC on Saturday. They may score 40. We may make Sam Howell look like Baker Mayfield, but those bítches will leave Miami with a fat àss L.
I actually said "Self" to myself--a mind-reader you are.

The Pitt game was encouraging because they bounced back after a rough one in Clemson but the game that really convinced me was the NC State game. On the road, off a bye week, and on national tv. Miami was losing basically all game and never gave up. I knew this team was different then and had the potential to win out.

tenor.gif

Advertisement

This was my reaction when that game ended.

we fought, played, hit and talked trash so hard despite the odds. That we frustrated Lawerence into a personal foul penality on his TD run.

I think this team is highly motivated and they need NEED to win this game and win it big for Manny.

braveheart GIF

Advertisement
Having a qb who doesnt look for defenders to sack him
And an oc who doesn’t believe in 10 step play action passes
Is why this team plays expecting to win

Advertisement
I think our D is hitting their peak. Roche & Philips are playing at an all-american level. Bubba is back to playing like he was. Flagg looks like a gem & was all over the place. Clarke looks good. I actually think we're gonna give old Sam Howell fits. Canes 44 Unc 21
I was thinking about this. The tackling we saw from last week was a huge indicator to me that we’re hitting our late season form on defense. l’m not sure we can replicate that performance, but I do know we’re gonna give Howell and that O line a run for their money. And we all know what our offense is capable of, especially against dog**** defenses.

However, I think it’s a shootout. Either we squeak past with a 3-6 pt lead, or we pull away late and win by 14 minimum. Irregardless, we fvckin 🙌🏼

I think our D is hitting their peak. Roche & Philips are playing at an all-american level. Bubba is back to playing like he was. Flagg looks like a gem & was all over the place. Clarke looks good. I actually think we're gonna give old Sam Howell fits. Canes 44 Unc 21
I listened to several podcasts this week that broke this game down, as there aren't many marquee matchups this weekend. I am gonna have a doomer post later tonight on UNC's offensive numbers as compared to our defensive numbers (will also try to do one for our offense, if I have time. That one would be much more positive).

The short version is UNC is No 1 in the country in explosive runs, has a passing attack to go with it (we all know this), and our defensive numbers are pedestrian and against mostly backup QBs from offenses that aren't highly ranked to begin with. In short, I am nervous that we can't stop them, aside from taking advantage of their weak offensive tackles to pressure Howell and hopefully get a strip-sack or something.

Now, they shouldn't be able to stop us either. My hope is that we get out to an early lead to give us some wiggle room. Howell is pretty much the best 2nd half and especially 4th quarter QB in the country (I think he is literally the best... the stats say so).

If anyone wants to hear a good breakdown, the "Bet the Board" podcast with Todd Furhman (dork, I know) and Payne Insider has a good one. Payne is an FSU alum that lives in SFla and has good connections, is pretty dialed in with Florida football. He is also one of the best in the business, IMO, in breaking down advanced statistitics and using them to predict the game's outcome (i.e., to gamble). He does a good job on this game and it is worth a listen, IMO.

I was there, and I saw a team who played REALLY poorly on their own, combined with not being anywhere as close to as good as Clemson. Add that up, we got fist****ed.

The Clemson game gives me zero clues about anything else other than we probably won't play that poorly again, and we haven't since.

The good news though is that UNC is not Clemson. And we're at home. The Clemson game has absolutely zero to do with what we're going to see on Saturday. UNC ain't that good.

Their O-Line is not good enough. I’ve watched mid-tier ACC teams dominate their O-line all year. Sam Howell is a good QB, but he tends to get rattled when overwhelmed. He will be under pressure all game Saturday, aside from him having a Heisman caliber performance, they are in big trouble. Our D-Line is too good, to the point where this matchup doesn’t back me worry about our DBs at all. 45-21 Canes. Book it.

Advertisement
Back