If we're changing S&C coaches ...

I'm laughing hard as fck at these delusional people who want a S&C change.

When you ask why they say "oh it's outdated"

These same people cannot tell you WHAT Miami Football players are doing. What kind of program they are doing. Anything.

All they do is want to complain on an issue they have zero knowledge on.

They don't realize that basically all S&C is all the same exact thing. Lifting heavy weights, speed training, etc....

There is not secret. There is no special program.

All these guys saying SEC this and that don't know what the fck they're talking about. It just reaffirms my position that our fan base is probably the most deluded fan base in all of sports.

Advertisement
If Richt does not can Swasey....I will have one foot off the bandwagon already.

There is no way Swasey should be retained....time to move on and revamp our strength program.

What is specifically wrong with our strength program. You guys say fire Swasey but never give reasons why? Are you able to provide reasons

He's been at Miami for a long time, therefor he needs to be fired. See?

You guys are some serious whinning biatches....

Making up an issue thats not there and then whinning about it nonstop like your ****** is on fire.

You have no idea how much of the program Swasey was even allowed to control. The dude has like 30 first round draft picks and every coach that has come in has said they were implementing their program.

Let Richt do his job for god sakes and put your flaming ****** out with summers eve or something.

Its so FN old already. A FN Swasey post every FN day like thats our biggest issue.

If you don't see a problem compared to elite S&C programs you are blind. It's a problem ...it's there. It's not whining, it's called CARING. This isn't the 90's or early 2000's anymore where we can just get by on talent alone. Kids have evolved, genetics have evolved. College ball is a $$$$ business. Having a competitive edge is not only sensible it's become a necessity. Miami went cheap in 2001 like they had numerous times before and simply "promoted" Swasey from the speed guy. They didn't check for another coach, they didn't check his education in the field, they simply said "you're our guy" they also made him the head S&C over ALL University Athletics. It save Donna boatloads of cash. The coaches that came before Richt were Coker, Shannon and Golden , all of which had zero clue of the importance of the EVOLUTION of Strength and Condition. Staying on top of current methods to induce power and explosion. Providing timely meals and nutrition no more than 20 minutes after anabolic mass building. Kettlebell utilization and resistance bands. Working out stabilizer muscle groups like stanford and bama do to decrease the chance of injury. The truth is S&C is not what it was 15 years ago...we need new blood period.

Hey captain science, that's not how it works.

Lol seriously? Athletes beget Athletes. It's natrual selection. A small example of this is ohh I don't know....OUR OWN BACKYARD! So much talent in a 30 mile radius. Dominate genes pass on. Kids today are bigger stronger faster then in the past. Nowadays it's not uncommon to have a DE run a 4.6 40. Think it was common 20 years ago? That's common science.

You're very condescending for somebody who understand so little.

Genes don't "evolve", at least not the way you think, and that's not natural selection you're talking about. No more than breeding dogs for certain traits is natural selection or evolution. And for the love of God, "genetics have evolved" is such a stupid phrase it makes my brain hurt.

And how the **** do you know this stuff? How do you know what is and isn't being done in the S&C program? Are you on the team, are on staff?

I'm laughing hard as fck at these delusional people who want a S&C change.

When you ask why they say "oh it's outdated"

These same people cannot tell you WHAT Miami Football players are doing. What kind of program they are doing. Anything.

All they do is want to complain on an issue they have zero knowledge on.

They don't realize that basically all S&C is all the same exact thing. Lifting heavy weights, speed training, etc....

There is not secret. There is no special program.

All these guys saying SEC this and that don't know what the fck they're talking about. It just reaffirms my position that our fan base is probably the most deluded fan base in all of sports.
Lol at you for thinking every S&C coach is exactly the same and run the same programs. I won't pretend to know what UM does or doesn't do, but your assertion that all S&C coaches run the same program is laughable at best.

Last edited:
Dudes got bigger and stronger under Golden which was the direction. Swasey should be the least of Richt's concerns.

Advertisement
Dudes got bigger and stronger under Golden which was the direction. Swasey should be the least of Richt's concerns.

To me that's the point. Maybe we could do better, but S&C is like the 13th thing on the to-do list at this point. Let Richt figure it out when he's ready.

people ripping swasey have to remember one thing. golden cared more about guys gaining weight and getting strength adds then speed. i think that will change with richt. first off he won't want de's that go 290. he won't have coaches get a guy like chick to 295 or chad thomas to 290 . he will want them in the 265-270 range.

that alone will make a huge diffrence in how strength and conditioning is run. if u want guys to bulk up add weight u train them one way if u want guys to add quickness and speed u go another route. the s&c program has as much to do with what a head coach wants in his players as anything else.

Patrick Peterson lost weight in the NFL because he got slow. He was a 5* corner who is a tremendous football player. Amari Cooper dominates because he's a great route runner and has tremendous football specific skills, not because he's doing magic strength training.

Your last statement told me all I need to know about your knowledge on the subject. Kettle bells and stabilizer muscles? anabolic mass building? You've read 6 or 7 muscle mags and don't realize your ignorance. Please point me to your copy of Bama, Miami or Stanfords annual plan, outlining the program goals and how they set out to achieve them. I'm very curious to see what they are doing.

I have no reason to argue with you. You don't know what you're evaluating other than wins, losses and Scott Cochran's yelling.

Wow...I'm not going to argue with ignorance. This is my job. PP was still returning punts for TD's against WV and NC at 221 lbs. stabilizer muscles are the muscles that help strengthen joints and tendons thus making players less prone to injury. You clearly DONT know a lot on this subject and are probably a regular fan who doesn't see the value in S&C. There's a science to it and I'm not going to waste going into it on someone who thinks "kettlebells and stabilizer muscles" are buzzwords.
I'm evaluating our lack of push on BOTH fronts. I am evaluating our constant lack of condition as the season wears on. I am evauating how we run over teams we can simply "out-talent" but when we face an elite program ..the physical difference is alarming to say the least. So you can keep you opinion I'll stick to mine.

Miami has been injury free for a long time now. While other teams pile up injuries UM has not. So that kind of dismisses you argument.

WTF! We are the ONLY team I see that has guys down on the field **** near every 4th or 5th play. The sht is actually comical. I have NEVER seen anything like it.

You never seen players get nicked up in a football game?

Not as much as ours. Its not even close. I watch college football every Sat and never see ANY team on the ground as much as ours. PAC 12. BIG 10. SEC. ACC.....NOBODY. Something is wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back