If we're changing S&C coaches ...

Bama , OSU, FSU and countless others have got to love the average Miami fan's complete lack of knowledge on the subject. Bama loves coming in taking a 175 lb Amari cooper and making him a monster before leaving. Or a 190lb Patrick Peterson ..getting up to 221lbs WHILE maintaining 4.4 speed. It's not just about X's and O's anymore champ. The S&C coach is becoming one of the most important coaches on a staff year after year. You pain UM with a elite S&C STAFF not just coach ....and it's game over. Until then we will get better and win because of better coaching and better talent but will we ever reach the point where we are playing for title number 4 in 6 years ala Bama? (Pun intended). I don't know

Patrick Peterson lost weight in the NFL because he got slow. He was a 5* corner who is a tremendous football player. Amari Cooper dominates because he's a great route runner and has tremendous football specific skills, not because he's doing magic strength training.

Your last statement told me all I need to know about your knowledge on the subject. Kettle bells and stabilizer muscles? anabolic mass building? You've read 6 or 7 muscle mags and don't realize your ignorance. Please point me to your copy of Bama, Miami or Stanfords annual plan, outlining the program goals and how they set out to achieve them. I'm very curious to see what they are doing.

I have no reason to argue with you. You don't know what you're evaluating other than wins, losses and Scott Cochran's yelling.

Wow...I'm not going to argue with ignorance. This is my job. PP was still returning punts for TD's against WV and NC at 221 lbs. stabilizer muscles are the muscles that help strengthen joints and tendons thus making players less prone to injury. You clearly DONT know a lot on this subject and are probably a regular fan who doesn't see the value in S&C. There's a science to it and I'm not going to waste going into it on someone who thinks "kettlebells and stabilizer muscles" are buzzwords.
I'm evaluating our lack of push on BOTH fronts. I am evaluating our constant lack of condition as the season wears on. I am evauating how we run over teams we can simply "out-talent" but when we face an elite program ..the physical difference is alarming to say the least. So you can keep you opinion I'll stick to mine.

Nobody said they were buzz words but anabolic mass building certainly is considering the word anabolic means to build, in and of itself, so that phrase reeks of ignorance and Muscle and Fitness, as does your 20 minute window comment which has been show numerous times to have next to zero merit.

You don't know the science. You've made that painfully clear. Stabilizers are small muscles. If the quads and hamstrings cannot protect the knee, do you think the glute med will?? And they strengthen the tendons? What? lol If the agonist and antagonist fail, I promise you that all the stabilizer work in the world won't save you.

I can assure you that kettle bells and stabilizer work are not the difference between the programs. You think some prone external rotation work for the shoulder or monster walks are the difference? That's asinine. Outside of issues with injury or nerve damage, the stabilizers are always working. Their job is to stabilize and they do that through small, rhythmic contractions, not through gross movement. Outside of a KB swing, what advantage does a kettlebell present that a DB or BB doesn't? A kettle bell isn't magic. It's a funny shaped piece of iron. It's a tool and not a special one, at that.

Football is a game that is predicated on specific skills, not general physical measures. The biggest bench press doesn't win. The biggest squat doesn't win. When you see talented kids put in a scheme to maximize their talents, you'll see our teams push people around.

For all the *****ing about Coley and D'No, very few make this connection. You think a tackle is at an advantage in run blocking while in a 2 point stance when low man wins? You think having guys 6-7 yards off the ball on run plays will help at the point of attack? We can't recruit DT to save our life and yet, we want the weight room to make the ones they get good at football? That's a losing proposition. Throw 20lbs on a guy to fit a scheme and then wonder why he doesn't run like he did in high school?

IDGAF about Swasey but this is armchair quarterbacking without even seeing what these kids do in the weight room. They can make a change. I don't particularly care but Miami's problems have been coaching for years. That has changed so I anticipate improvement whether Swasey is here or not.

Crushed. Killed. Destroyed.

Ehhh jus tired of wasting time But love yall all the same.

Advertisement
I don't see the legitimacy to the point you're attempting to make. Pretty sure Richt can bring a new SC guy in whenever and it won't be a problem. It's not like the guys can't start working out differently a couple weeks after they return from break.

My point is, that's not the way it will work. If Swasey has the guys when they return from break, Swasey will be the guy for the 2016 season, IMO.

And I readily admit I don't know enough about the S&C subject to know if he is the issue. But I know enough about coaching to know that Richt will either bring his own S&C guy in immediately, or he will ride with Swasey for the season.

I know exactly what you were claiming, and I don't buy it. Swasey has worked with the team for the entire time that Richt has been HC. Why do you draw an artificial line in the sand of "coming back from break"? Exactly what "break" are you talking about anyway?

If Richt replaces Swasey he'll most likely do it at or around the same time he names the rest of his staff.

Can anyone here recall another program where they have fired 3 straight head coaches yet the SeC coach has remained.

I've said it time and again, but he's gone. Not if, just when. As for when should happen, it matters very little. You can begin to see results within weeks of a new routine and we're a long way from the start of next season.

Advertisement
Can anyone here recall another program where they have fired 3 straight head coaches yet the SeC coach has remained.

Guarantee you it has never happened. The man is a virus that has infected the program, and should have been fired two corching changes ago. I've never seen a single staff member, regardless of position, survive 3 coaching changes, simply bc he is the offseason beautician to the stars.

You guys are some serious whinning biatches....

Making up an issue thats not there and then whinning about it nonstop like your ****** is on fire.

You have no idea how much of the program Swasey was even allowed to control. The dude has like 30 first round draft picks and every coach that has come in has said they were implementing their program.

Let Richt do his job for god sakes and put your flaming ****** out with summers eve or something.

Its so FN old already. A FN Swasey post every FN day like thats our biggest issue.

If you don't see a problem compared to elite S&C programs you are blind. It's a problem ...it's there. It's not whining, it's called CARING. This isn't the 90's or early 2000's anymore where we can just get by on talent alone. Kids have evolved, genetics have evolved. College ball is a $$$$ business. Having a competitive edge is not only sensible it's become a necessity. Miami went cheap in 2001 like they had numerous times before and simply "promoted" Swasey from the speed guy. They didn't check for another coach, they didn't check his education in the field, they simply said "you're our guy" they also made him the head S&C over ALL University Athletics. It save Donna boatloads of cash. The coaches that came before Richt were Coker, Shannon and Golden , all of which had zero clue of the importance of the EVOLUTION of Strength and Condition. Staying on top of current methods to induce power and explosion. Providing timely meals and nutrition no more than 20 minutes after anabolic mass building. Kettlebell utilization and resistance bands. Working out stabilizer muscle groups like stanford and bama do to decrease the chance of injury. The truth is S&C is not what it was 15 years ago...we need new blood period.

Hey captain science, that's not how it works.

How is it that I'm the only person on here who doesn't have specific knowledge of what the S&C plan is for every player and if it's the best plan possible? How is it that I'm the only one who hasn't received a personal call from God telling him that swasey hasn't earned his place with the team? You people clearly know all the inside info, care to fill me in?

Making up an issue thats not there and then whinning about it nonstop like your ****** is on fire.

You have no idea how much of the program Swasey was even allowed to control. The dude has like 30 first round draft picks and every coach that has come in has said they were implementing their program.

Let Richt do his job for god sakes and put your flaming ****** out with summers eve or something.

Its so FN old already. A FN Swasey post every FN day like thats our biggest issue.

If you don't see a problem compared to elite S&C programs you are blind. It's a problem ...it's there. It's not whining, it's called CARING. This isn't the 90's or early 2000's anymore where we can just get by on talent alone. Kids have evolved, genetics have evolved. College ball is a $$$$ business. Having a competitive edge is not only sensible it's become a necessity. Miami went cheap in 2001 like they had numerous times before and simply "promoted" Swasey from the speed guy. They didn't check for another coach, they didn't check his education in the field, they simply said "you're our guy" they also made him the head S&C over ALL University Athletics. It save Donna boatloads of cash. The coaches that came before Richt were Coker, Shannon and Golden , all of which had zero clue of the importance of the EVOLUTION of Strength and Condition. Staying on top of current methods to induce power and explosion. Providing timely meals and nutrition no more than 20 minutes after anabolic mass building. Kettlebell utilization and resistance bands. Working out stabilizer muscle groups like stanford and bama do to decrease the chance of injury. The truth is S&C is not what it was 15 years ago...we need new blood period.

Hey captain science, that's not how it works.

Lol seriously? Athletes beget Athletes. It's natrual selection. A small example of this is ohh I don't know....OUR OWN BACKYARD! So much talent in a 30 mile radius. Dominate genes pass on. Kids today are bigger stronger faster then in the past. Nowadays it's not uncommon to have a DE run a 4.6 40. Think it was common 20 years ago? That's common science.

Advertisement

So what do other S&C do that we don't do at UM?

Considering you were a huge Charlie Strong fan, its hard to take your opinions on obviously failing corches seriously.

Swasey has been here for 15 years, and THREE fired head coaches. The team has been soft, out of shape, and runs out of gas EVERY YEAR. Once again, the only thing you Swasey lovers can point to is some NFL dudes who hang out with him during their offseason maintenance work. Swasey is an absolute joke and his employment is a symbol of what is wrong with this program.

Swasey has nothing to do with the three coaches being fired. He does not recruit, develop game plans or coach. Our players do very well in the NFL and routinely test the best.

If Richt does not can Swasey....I will have one foot off the bandwagon already.

There is no way Swasey should be retained....time to move on and revamp our strength program.

What is specifically wrong with our strength program. You guys say fire Swasey but never give reasons why? Are you able to provide reasons

I don't see the legitimacy to the point you're attempting to make. Pretty sure Richt can bring a new SC guy in whenever and it won't be a problem. It's not like the guys can't start working out differently a couple weeks after they return from break.

If Miami misses out on 3 weeks of kettle bells and stabilizers, they'll never recover. Trust me, I own a shake weight.

Bama , OSU, FSU and countless others have got to love the average Miami fan's complete lack of knowledge on the subject. Bama loves coming in taking a 175 lb Amari cooper and making him a monster before leaving. Or a 190lb Patrick Peterson ..getting up to 221lbs WHILE maintaining 4.4 speed. It's not just about X's and O's anymore champ. The S&C coach is becoming one of the most important coaches on a staff year after year. You pain UM with a elite S&C STAFF not just coach ....and it's game over. Until then we will get better and win because of better coaching and better talent but will we ever reach the point where we are playing for title number 4 in 6 years ala Bama? (Pun intended). I don't know

Patrick Peterson lost weight in the NFL because he got slow. He was a 5* corner who is a tremendous football player. Amari Cooper dominates because he's a great route runner and has tremendous football specific skills, not because he's doing magic strength training.

Your last statement told me all I need to know about your knowledge on the subject. Kettle bells and stabilizer muscles? anabolic mass building? You've read 6 or 7 muscle mags and don't realize your ignorance. Please point me to your copy of Bama, Miami or Stanfords annual plan, outlining the program goals and how they set out to achieve them. I'm very curious to see what they are doing.

I have no reason to argue with you. You don't know what you're evaluating other than wins, losses and Scott Cochran's yelling.

Wow...I'm not going to argue with ignorance. This is my job. PP was still returning punts for TD's against WV and NC at 221 lbs. stabilizer muscles are the muscles that help strengthen joints and tendons thus making players less prone to injury. You clearly DONT know a lot on this subject and are probably a regular fan who doesn't see the value in S&C. There's a science to it and I'm not going to waste going into it on someone who thinks "kettlebells and stabilizer muscles" are buzzwords.
I'm evaluating our lack of push on BOTH fronts. I am evaluating our constant lack of condition as the season wears on. I am evauating how we run over teams we can simply "out-talent" but when we face an elite program ..the physical difference is alarming to say the least. So you can keep you opinion I'll stick to mine.

Miami has been injury free for a long time now. While other teams pile up injuries UM has not. So that kind of dismisses you argument.

Advertisement
If Miami misses out on 3 weeks of kettle bells and stabilizers, they'll never recover. Trust me, I own a shake weight.

Miami has been injury free for a long time now. While other teams pile up injuries UM has not. So that kind of dismisses you argument.
Didn't half of our LB core get injured and out for the season this year?

WTF! We are the ONLY team I see that has guys down on the field **** near every 4th or 5th play. The sht is actually comical. I have NEVER seen anything like it.

I believe Alabama showed the nation how important S&C coaches are. When Smart was about to take their S&C coach to GA with him, Satan stepped up and paid big time to retain him! I think this all falls on Swasey's education. You can't hide behind the excuse of I do what the coach wants me to do. I get that coaches have their programs, but you would like to think that if Swasey knew what programs or systems to implement, he'd be able to do so. We need to clean house! Top to bottom!

Advertisement

Didn't half of our LB core get injured and out for the season this year?

Two had contact knee injuries and the other a keck fracture. Those are not preventable from s&c. Other than those we did not have players miss time

WTF! We are the ONLY team I see that has guys down on the field **** near every 4th or 5th play. The sht is actually comical. I have NEVER seen anything like it.

You never seen players get nicked up in a football game?

This man has coached and been a head coach at a MAJOR FOOTBALL SCHOOL for say 20 years! You seriously think he doesn't know the best practices for his S&C program and the time schedule? Seriously Dude? All major institutions have the same weights, equipment and training systems pretty much, with subtle differences in their respective processes. Bama may have a larger more visually appealing weight/training facility, but dude they all pretty much do the same things, lift weights, speed and cardio. Some have a big hill they can run, another a beach, but the weight room vendors sell the same **** to all schools.

I believe Alabama showed the nation how important S&C coaches are. When Smart was about to take their S&C coach to GA with him, Satan stepped up and paid big time to retain him! I think this all falls on Swasey's education. You can't hide behind the excuse of I do what the coach wants me to do. I get that coaches have their programs, but you would like to think that if Swasey knew what programs or systems to implement, he'd be able to do so. We need to clean house! Top to bottom!

Actually the S&C does exactly what the head coach wants. For example, Golden wanted to bulk the players up. So Swasey and his staff had to come up with a program to add bulk.

Swasey is regarded in several major publications as one of the best S&C coaches in the game but our fans always need someone to complain about.

Advertisement
Back