IF we had beaten Pitt, was the Clemson loss in that manner still

Advertisement
We needed to beat Pitt and stay within single digits of clemson. I think playoff would’ve been

1. Clemson
2. UGA
3. Miami
4. OU

We needed to beat Pitt and stay within single digits of clemson. I think playoff would’ve been

1. UGA
2. Clemson
3. OU
4. Miami
You honestly believe the committee was going to put us in ahead of Ohio State and Alabama coming off a loss?!?! lets not forget its US AGAINST THE WORLD. This is Miami. Everyone hates us and will use anything to keep us out. And I wouldn't have it any other way FUUK em and just WIN

You honestly believe the committee was going to put us in ahead of Ohio State and Alabama coming off a loss?!?! lets not forget its US AGAINST THE WORLD. This is Miami. Everyone hates us and will use anything to keep us out. And I wouldn't have it any other way FUUK em and just WIN

Yes. We’d have entered acccg as #1 vs #2 clemson. Close loss and we stay in top 4. Committee would’ve wanted us vs UGA and not a rematch.

Advertisement
Yes. We’d have entered acccg as #1 vs #2 clemson. Close loss and we stay in top 4. Committee would’ve wanted us vs UGA and not a rematch.
THEY HAD THE REMATCH PART 3 COMMERCIAL PLAYING ON LOOP THE SECOND THE PLAYOFF WAS ANNOUNCED. They were dreaming of a way to make it happen. As much as I hate to say it Ohio Taint got screwed last year by not getting in over Bama

Advertisement
THEY HAD THE REMATCH PART 3 COMMERCIAL PLAYING ON LOOP THE SECOND THE PLAYOFF WAS ANNOUNCED. They were dreaming of a way to make it happen. As much as I hate to say it Ohio Taint got screwed last year by not getting in over Bama

I honestly think Wisconsin got screwed. Undefeated. Only loss was by 6 in an extra game Bama didn’t have to play.

Ohio sate shouldn’t have even been considered. Their losses were bad. The Iowa won was awful.

Every team in playoff got forgiven for their losses except Wisconsin. And their only loss was by 6 to a conference champion.

Iowa beat the brakes off of them, and were a 5 loss team, them Suckeye **** had no argument IMO

I honestly think Wisconsin got screwed. Undefeated. Only loss was by 6 in an extra game Bama didn’t have to play.

Ohio sate shouldn’t have even been considered. Their losses were bad. The Iowa won was awful.
So Wisconsin should have gotten in over a team they just lost to out of a much tougher division? Got it. Yes the Iowa loss was bad but Ohio State won their conference. Bama didn't win their conference or even their state yet here they are as NC's. Back to the topic of this thread, Miami is never going to have the national appeal and publicity to be in the playoff losing our conference as an Ohio State or an Alabama and I am totally okay with that. We just have to show up and get it done on the field.

You are wrong there, We would have been #1 if we beat Pitt, Clemson would have been 2. No matter how much you want to spin the media Anti-Cane bias we lose that game on a last second FG, we are in.

I don't think any Big 10 teams deserved in, but **** sure not a team that got OBLITERATED by Iowa

Advertisement
Iowa beat the brakes off of them, and were a 5 loss team, them Suckeye **** had no argument IMO
I felt they were the best of the worst if that makes sense. No team really deserved that 4th position. Maybe I'm biased bc I think you should win your conference to be able to claim national champ

2 losses, one by 31 to an average team and on by 15 at home, they didn't belong IMO. My hate for them ***gots not with standing in my judgement of course.

Advertisement
I have a hard time believing the committee puts us in against a one loss Alabama, even if we had lost a tight one against Clemson.

Too much politics, too much big money, too much Saban and the love affair they have with that program and the SEC.

That scenario should have actually made the committee's decision on the top 4 easier ...

And by easier, I mean, No. Miami doesn't make it.

Committee should have gone with Clemson at 1, UGA at 2, Oklahoma at 3, and UCF at 4.

And before folks lose their mind, I'm not suggesting UCF was the 4th best team.

But under the proposed scenario, picking UCF would have been the easiest and best thing to do.

Ohio State vs. USC still happens in the bowl season ... And I think Miami plays Bama in the Orange and Wisconsin plays Auburn in the Peach.

Yes we weren’t getting in with that kind of loss. As said above, there’s no way in **** we would EVER be ranked ahead of Alabama last season with a similar record. You need to be medicated if you believe we would’ve been ahead of Bama with one loss.

It's all academic but if we'd beaten Pitt, we'd have likely finished the season #1.

Even then, we know it was a soft #1 because there was a lot of doubt about our "resume."

We would have needed to play Clemson in a highly competitive, one possession and a FG type game to be considered for the playoffs.

Any significant margin of defeat, by a TD or more, we're out.

Advertisement
Back