If we go 7-5 or worse

Should Diaz be fired if Miami finishes 7-5 or worse?

• Total voters
It's hard for me to sell after one season knowing that the team had glaring deficiencies before the season started. The QB's and O-line have spent years with **** poor coaching and that stuff doesnt get fixed over night. Jarren is playing well. Inexperience at O-line and safety is showing. If the team doesnt get better over the course of the season I may change my mind, but I already see important improvement from last year.

Advertisement
Never should've been hired. Short answer is yes he should be fired. But I'd rather keep him than have the people in charge hire another corch. Instead of flying banners for corches we need to be directing all the negativity to the BOT, Flake James and then Frenks. We CAN NOT let the them make another coaching hire.
Bingo. Yet another seat of the pants hire that has already blown up in the school's face.

These next couple games are not WE BACK wins just a couple wins that's all it doesn't show anything other then we can beat those teams , I can't wait till there behind us so we can at least start ruining teams season with upset wins this will ease the growing pains were having.

GOCANES
Keep dreaming.

When you change the complete coaching staff and philosophy , playbook and arrangement of what you have it takes 3-4 years to implement the system and execute it , we have one summer under our belts did we think we'd be in the thick of championships with a couple months ?

NC run in 3 years.

GOCANES
The same old nonsense we hear every time they make a terrible coaching hire. Blah blah blah.

Advertisement
Anyone that votes yes is a dumb ***. He should get 2 years minimum. It’s Blake James that should be fired if we go 7-5 for hiring a first time head coach that has to learn on the job.
What a surprise that a treasonous scum poster who supports the Northern Vietnamese Army in their screen name would be posting this communist bull****.

**** off Charlie!!!

Advertisement
I'm not voting because it's a stupid poll, and the outcome is already certain. He is going to get a second year.

As usual you guys are firing the wrong people. The brass at UM defers a lot to the AD, right now that is our problem. Blake is probably, "OK" running an AD that emphasizes lower resource sports like baseball and basketball, but at Miami, we eat and breath by football.

In this current landscape of football, you have to be forward-thinking and provide resources consistent with a professional sports team. As much as UM thinks it has invested, it is still way behind.

There are guys putting up analytics on this website for free, who should be hired by our athletic department as quality control because what they are producing is superior to what our division 1 coaches receive.

Advertisement
It takes a truly special season for a coach to be fired in his first season so I don't think so, but I am definitely not all too encouraged right now...

You guys act like this was a team full of world-beaters last season. The offense was arguably one of the worst in D1 football. We then lost 2 starters from the DL to the NFL and 3 starters from the secondary to the NFL.

It's terribly disappointing to be 0-2, especially because we should have won both games, but some of you are out your mind with these threads.

Goddamnit--you people saying "yes" suck. You would blow up this program AGAIN because you don't like the performance of a first year head coach? As if we haven't been through enough rebuilds in the last two decades. Short-term-memoried mutha's.

**** man, we aren't talking about 0-2 Pruit from Tennessee. That dude deserves to be fired. We're talking two close losses to quality opponents. Sit the **** back and calm down about this firing coach garbage.

Advertisement
Give me a break. Kirby Smart went 8-5 (7-5 regular season) in his first season at UGA - losing to teams like Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech at home. He beat Nicholls State by 2 points for one of his wins.

And guess what? He was a first time head coach that grew and turned UGA into a juggernaut. You guys are way too reactionary.

We lose by 70 in bowl game
coach retires
we get back our d cord from Temple to coach
Fire ENTIRE offense staff
We lose 2 offensive starters to transfer
3 starting players leave early
Bring back 1 OL starter
Bring back 1 DL starter
Bring back 1 DB starter
Start a Fresh Qb
Fresh LT
2nd string S and CB transfer before first game
Lose our best DT to injury
Open the season vs top 10 team
We have 7 draftable players in our 2 deep on both sides ( Osborn, Thomas, Dallas, Garvin, Bandy, Pinkney, Hill) I think Quarterman is undrafted btw.

Still Miami fans think undefeated season or bust. This has been a 6-8 win team from the start. **** we could be 2-0 with a real kicker.

Advertisement
Back