If we get Trevon and that DT from UCLA...?

Advertisement
Would love to snag Nnoruka and possibly Hill if we can. Both would add incredible depth and consistent play to the DL. I think this is the year teams will pay for doubling Garvin with Rousseau on the prowl. How they set in the rush defense will tell us how the DL will play out as a whole unit come the Fall. I too would love to see Nesta and Ford step it up this season. I think we’ll be plenty surprised by what Jess has done with the DL in particular the DT’s with another full season.

It was so idiotic of our coach to leave 7 whole practices on the table and not take advantage. There was absolutely no logic in that decision.

One of the most infuriating things Richt did during his time here. Our younger players could have really used that practice. So ******* stupid.

Hey two years ago McIntosh n Norton dominated n we hoped Willis would be serviceable. He ended up being outstanding and we can only hope the same with happen this year with Nesta (who has shown flashes when in, he was noticeable when out there) or one of the transfers.

Well be alright im sure on the line. The linebackers need to play like 4th year seniors n light it up, last year was disappointing. Without jaquan there last year it could have been bad.

The safeties I'm worried bout this year. Redwine was severely under rated here, maybe bc jaquan opposite of him not sure.

From Barry Jackson's article this morning:

Miami has emerged as the front runner for UCLA transfer Chigozie Nnoruka, who visited the Canes over the weekend. He could compete to start if he joins the Hurricanes and at the very least would likely be in a four-man defensive tackle rotation. UF also has offered him, but it’s undetermined if he will visit.
Meanwhile, there’s mutual interest between UM and former Virginia Tech starting defensive end Trevon Hill.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article224680355.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
I am more worried about the DB positions than the DL positions. Bandy and after that its a bunch of not proven much except in mop up duty
I think it's easier to hide a weak seconday then a weak DL, so DL should aways be the priority
Let's take a look

CB. Bandy/Blades
SS. Carter/Bolden
FS. Hall/K.Smith
CB. Ivey/Frierson
Nickel. Bandy/Couch
That being said, if you have, in your 2 deep at CB, 4/5 players with very little experience it's a problem. Safeties are a concern too. I'm not saying they are bad players, all were highly rated prospects, but we don't have a baseline for their level of play rn

Every team is going to try And run it down our throats. They all saw the Wisconsin game.
Yea but not every team has the personel to use that strategy I was at both the orange bowl and the pinstripe bowl and let me tell you that Oline is massive not many teams have those kinda hogs up front. We also managed to shut down there run game reasonably well outside of a few drives the offense just offered nothing

It was so idiotic of our coach to leave 7 whole practices on the table and not take advantage. There was absolutely no logic in that decision.
Don’t think the practices would’ve mattered. Can’t execute when the D knows where to go before the snap.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back