If we don't make the CFB playoff

TN_Cane

Redshirt Freshman
I hope to **** we don't have to play scrub *** non power 5 UCF in a new years 6 game. I keep seeing them in bowl projections for the peach bowl as an at-large.

That would be a **** buzzkill. I want to play a legit opponent in our bowl game.

Total BS these non power 5 teams get into those games.

We need Clemson to win the rest of its regular season games, therefore the winner of the ACC is in the playoff and the loser gets the orange bowl.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nothing to worry about with the premise of your post.

Ucf sux though. They are one of the smallest FBS teams ive ever seen.

I’d gladly whoop UCf’s *** in the Orange Bowl, but I feel where you are coming from.

Advertisement
best case scenario - CFP
2nd - Orange Bowl vs Georgia, Ohio State, or Wisconsin
3rd Camping World or Tax Slayer vs a team from the SEC or Big East

Yeah but nothing we can do about it just win games. It would be cool if we could play penn st or osu for some payback.

This isn't even a thread in July. To me, winning the coastal was the expectation. I am enjoying this unexpected ride but I haven't forgotten the last 10 years. This feels different though. We are in a position now to do something great. If we keep winning, the rest will take care of itself.

Advertisement
best case scenario - CFP

I think we would be picked up as an At Large for a New Years 6 as your 3rd scenario

Crazy how this season has gone

Most the porsters on here demanded a new OC now we're looking at a legitimate shot of an undefeated season and potential CFP berth for the first time

To the point where a NY6 bowl is a disappointment shows tremendous growth

best case scenario - CFP

I think we would be picked up as an At Large for a New Years 6 as your 3rd scenario

ah yeah, I forgot about that option. an at large bowl in atlanta vs an undefeated UCF would be cool too. there are plenty of people that think UCF is the best team in the state, so clearing that up would be a fine consolation prize.

I hope to **** we don't have to play scrub *** non power 5 UCF in a new years 6 game. I keep seeing them in bowl projections for the peach bowl as an at-large.

That would be a **** buzzkill. I want to play a legit opponent in our bowl game.

We need Clemson to win the rest of its regular season games, therefore the winner of the ACC is in the playoff and the loser gets the orange bowl.

Nope. Can't. The Cotton/Fiesta/Peach Bowl is where UCF can go with an at large bid. Orange Bowl is only for ACC/ND vs SEC, Big 10, and ND.

Last edited:
Advertisement

If you told me at the beginning of the year we would be in a NY6 Bowl, I would have said fuc yeah!

I said at the start of the season that I would be very happy with an Orange Bowl Classic game no matter who the opponent was.
IT is a solid step in the right direction.

But of course now that the context has changed a bit and I see that we can do so much more...
...I am getting a bit greedy.
However, I know deep inside I have to keep that proper perspective from August.

This is why I'm hoping Clemson wins out until the ACCCG. If we lose to Clemson while we're undefeated coming in, and it's a close one. We may have a chance at the playoffs (highly doubtful given the current narrative with the Canes). Worst case scenario, Clemson goes onto the playoffs, we go to the Orange Bowl as the ACC representative. Given how everything's shaping up, I'd have to imagine we'd play Oklahoma or Ohio St. Give me the latter.

Advertisement
This isn't even a thread in July. To me, winning the coastal was the expectation. I am enjoying this unexpected ride but I haven't forgotten the last 10 years. This feels different though. We are in a position now to do something great. If we keep winning, the rest will take care of itself.

**** yeah! Let’s kick Notre Dame *** Saturday and win out! When we get to Clemson it’ll be interesting to see the team & position breakdowns.

WTF are you talking about? When has an ACC division champion gone to a scrub bowl game?

Crazy how this season has gone

Most the porsters on here demanded a new OC now we're looking at a legitimate shot of an undefeated season and potential CFP berth for the first time

To the point where a NY6 bowl is a disappointment shows tremendous growth

Winning fixes many things. I was unhappy with Mark but still didn't want hi to give up play calling. He tried that at UGA and got fired. He is the horse we are riding so come on Mark. I was unhappy to see Brad go too. So much for my opinions. Right now, I am only thinking about our first playoff game.

Advertisement
Back