If we beat Va Tech....

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
What will be the pulse of this board? Would you feel a little more confident on the rest of the season?

Advertisement
I think we all want more, but "a little more confident" is the proper way to characterize it. Honestly, it's hard to tell what beating this Va. Tech team would mean. They beat the crud out of UNC in a tropical storm, but got thumped by a bad Syracuse team. It would be a whole lot more encouraging than losing though.

If we win people will be content with Richt. Maybe not thrilled.

If we lose people will be calling for his removal as head coach after 1 year.

Advertisement
There's no winning as a member of this board

When the team wins (which we haven't in fifteen years so these ppl are ridiculous)

They bash the players and coaches saying we were lucky to win or the competition was bad.

When we lose, the same posters say we lost to "inferior" competition and the players are to blame and coach needs to be fired.

They set themselves up to be nostra damus at the beginning of the season bashing our players, coaches, fans, and university. Then when we lose one or two they come on here to say they told us so.

If I didn't know better i would say this is a ******* fsu or Florida message board with how excited people are when we lose to claim they were right about losing.

They are never right they just shift the narrative in a fashion where they can claim they knew it all along. If the team sucks, it's what they predicted, if we did well then we won despite terrible coaching /play and the competition was bad

Remaining games after VT:
@ND
Pitt
@UVA
@NC St.
Duke

An unlikely dominating performance tonight and the weekly season projection goes to 10-2/9-3 with NC State being the toughest game.
This board goes crazy.

An ugly squeaker, then you throw ND and Pitt in the mix. I'm thinking 8-4.
This board goes crazy.

No way we lose to UVA or Duke this year.

If we lose tonight?
This board goes crazy.

Of course this all changes a week from Saturday after the ND game.

Last edited:
Remaining games after VT:
@ND
Pitt
@UVA
@NC St.
Duke

An unlikely dominating performance tonight and the weekly season projection goes to 10-2/9-3 with NC State being the toughest game.

An ugly squeaker, then you throw ND and Pitt in the mix. I'm thinking 8-4.

No way we lose to UVA or Duke this year.

If we lose tonight?...well, never mind.

Of course this all changes a week from Saturday after the ND game.

This was our toughest 3 game stretch and I'm not going to crucify Richt for losing all 3 (at least in year 1.) If we lose to ND and corch red faced Kelly than Richt should move to the #1 spot on the coacheshotseat website (which corch Kelly now occupies.)

Advertisement
Depends on how we win.

If the Offense has made some adjustments and shown some different looks (which are successful), the mood should be high to win out our remaining games.

If we win but the offense looks the same, only slightly more optimistic but still frustrated.

Take it one game at a time.
We need to control our own destiny.
They are a great team.
Play at 110%.
If everyone does their job.....

Fvck it

Depends on how we win.

If the Offense has made some adjustments and shown some different looks (which are successful), the mood should be high to win out our remaining games.

If we win but the offense looks the same, only slightly more optimistic but still frustrated.

We've shown adjustments and different looks in every **** game.(except for the Oline)

Players need to execute. Period. All these missed throws and drops are ridiculous.

Advertisement
Well as far as the ACC race is concerned, if we lose any more ACC games we will not be playing in the ACC Championship game. So this game is a must win. Actually, every game except for ND is a must win. But more importantly we need UNC to lose another ACC game. UNC beating FSU really did make it much more difficult for us to win the Coastal.

So basically we need to win out, VTech then needs to win out, And UNC needs to lose another ACC game. That would make it a 3 way tie, and since only 1 loss of ours would be to a coastal team, we would have the divisional tie breaker.

But If we beat VTech, I think it will absolutely solidify in my mind that Manny Diaz and our defense did as much as we could possibly have hoped for this season. Our offense has been disappointing so I hope they step it up this game.

If we lose to ND and corch red faced Kelly than Richt should move to the #1 spot on the coacheshotseat website (which corch Kelly now occupies.)

It's pretty retarded to say that a coach in his first year at a program that hasn't won a bowl game in 10 years will be in the hot seat if he doesn't win at Notre Dame. But you fit right in around here.

Advertisement
I just want to win. This game is huge. Lose, and any thoughts of winning the Coastal are gone. Win, and we're still punching.

Well as far as the ACC race is concerned, if we lose any more ACC games we will not be playing in the ACC Championship game. So this game is a must win. Actually, every game except for ND is a must win. But more importantly we need UNC to lose another ACC game. UNC beating FSU really did make it much more difficult for us to win the Coastal.

So basically we need to win out, VTech then needs to win out, And UNC needs to lose another ACC game. That would make it a 3 way tie, and since only 1 loss of ours would be to a coastal team, we would have the divisional tie breaker.

But If we beat VTech, I think it will absolutely solidify in my mind that Manny Diaz and our defense did as much as we could possibly have hoped for this season. Our offense has been disappointing so I hope they step it up this game.
I don't trust vt to win out

We need to win out and unc needs to lose two more acc games. That is most realistic possibility imo

We need to win out and unc needs to lose two more acc games. That is most realistic possibility imo

No. UNC losing twice is definitely not more likely than VTech winning out in the ACC. TBH right now i'd be surprised if UNC even loses one ACC game, let alone two. That's why them beating FSU was so bad for us. Now they need to lose to a lesser team.

No. UNC losing twice is definitely not more likely than VTech winning out in the ACC. TBH right now i'd be surprised if UNC even loses one ACC game, let alone two. That's why them beating FSU was so bad for us. Now they need to lose to a lesser team.
I'm not saying you're crazy for thinking that I just don't think unc is that good

Gt will run all over them and I could see Duke or NC state beating them

Advertisement
Back