If true, that didn't take long - Leonte Carroo

Advertisement
[video=youtube;D0hJDNUfl3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0hJDNUfl3g[/video]

Advertisement
CaneSport @CaneSport
Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details w/ Schiano expected 2 go UM in gd shape 4 Hamilton & just set up Leonte Carroo 4 visit 2! Go Canes! Check it out: http://bit.ly/A9JMha

Mike Vorkunov @Mike_Vorkunov
Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details Leonte Carroo committed to Rutgers months ago, now going to visit Miami & "he’s still undecided at this point" -Don Bosco coach Greg Toal

Anyone know anything about this kid?

Total package at WR. He's a shorter version of Green-Beckham. Physical, big and fast. Would be an unbelievable pull, as would Hamilton.

Looks like this weekend could shape as one to truly remember.

...more tidbits from that story!

"It will absolutely destroy recruiting this close to signing day" next Wednesday, Lemming said.
"I only remember two other coaches -- Jimmy Johnson and Butch Davis -- leaving this close
to signing day and both left Miami right after signing day, so the recruits were locked in."

Now there may be a large-scale exit of notable recruits away from Rutgers, chased by the uncertainty of who will be chosen to lead the program next.
Carroo, the wide receiver out of Don Bosco, committed to Rutgers months ago but he is already set to visit Miami, along with his teammate Darius Hamilton.
"I do know this that he will take a visit to Miami and he’s still undecided at this point," Don Bosco head coach Greg Toal said.
Hamilton will have a long talk with his family on the flight down to Miami Friday and will still decide next week, said his father, Keith.

dont remember Jimmy, but Butch left before signing day. Lemming is talking out of his *** once again. guy is the worst. anyone that has David Thompson ranked ahead of Duke Johnson should not be allowed to be quoted---ever

Head stratcher isn't it
Why did we even bring in Hunter Wells and Junior Alexis?

That King kid can stay he has a motor like a ************.

I can understand Junior Alexis. At the time we were down to like 3 or 4 healthy D tackles on the entire roster. I think Golden was in fear of running out of bodies.

Hunter Wells OTOH, I cannot defend. Everyone in the online evaluation community knew he wasnt a D1 athlete.

Last edited:
Advertisement
**** we are lucky all the juniors decided to declare for the draft... we wouldnt have enough room for anybody. Everybody jumpin on the Golden train

CaneSport @CaneSport
Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details w/ Schiano expected 2 go UM in gd shape 4 Hamilton & just set up Leonte Carroo 4 visit 2! Go Canes! Check it out: http://bit.ly/A9JMha

Mike Vorkunov @Mike_Vorkunov
Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details Leonte Carroo committed to Rutgers months ago, now going to visit Miami & "he’s still undecided at this point" -Don Bosco coach Greg Toal

Anyone know anything about this kid?

Total package at WR. He's a shorter version of Green-Beckham. Physical, big and fast. Would be an unbelievable pull, as would Hamilton.

Looks like this weekend could shape as one to truly remember.

Appreciate it.

It doesn't matter how many they get rid of.

It looks like they have filled up last year's class with the early enrollees, so they can only sign 25 more. Unless there are non-qualifiers or grayshirts, there isn't a way to get more than 25.

33 is the max we bring in , so that means at least 6 guys on the current roster (which with the 33 new kids will sit at 91) will not be here next year. IF more than 6 leave, then we are operating below the 85 limit. It will be pretty **** easy to get rid of 6 guys if you look at the roster

Last edited:
Advertisement
It doesn't matter how many they get rid of.

It looks like they have filled up last year's class with the early enrollees, so they can only sign 25 more. Unless there are non-qualifiers or grayshirts, there isn't a way to get more than 25.

33 is the max we bring in , so that means at least 6 guys on the current roster (which with the 33 new kids will sit at 91) will not be here next year. IF more than 6 leave, then we are operating below the 85 limit. It will be pretty **** easy to get rid of 6 guys if you look at the roster

I read that only 7 of the 8 EE's could count towards last year. If true, that would mean a total 32, not 33.

You guys know differently?

Advertisement
Mr. Bakas says we have 4 spots left not including Northrup.

That's not correct, the math doesn't work. 8 kids are EE. Max spots for a year =25 which is 33 kids. No way Bakas knows if or who is getting greyshirted or won't make it because of grades. We have 2 spots left, unless kids don't qualify, 3 if Northrup decommits

Absolutely huge recruiting weekend upcoming....if they all want to come to Miami we will find a way to get them on scholarship. We may have to get creative but we'll make it happen if we need to.

Keep in mind the eventual NQ's that happen every year, perhaps a grayshirt....whatever it takes.

Mr. Bakas says we have 4 spots left not including Northrup.
Also just said that a Carroo visit is unlikely to happen because of the full numbers at WR? Huh? Called him out on it, and in typical fashion, he got smart. Then I go to the visit list and Scut has him officially listed as a visitor. That guy is a real piece of work.

Advertisement
Back