If today were NSD

Advertisement
Advertisement
Main reason I ask is because we currently have 29 committed, which I believe to be the exact number of recruits that can enroll... So it begs the question - if we oversign, who in the current list gets nudged out? Who do we replace without causing a Kirkland-esque backlash?

If we land Cook, is everyone okay with telling Powell (or anyone else) to kick rocks? Sure we want both, so then who gets the shaft?

I realize the numbers always work out in the end, but in this instance I believe the decisions on who gets "left behind" are tougher, simply because the caliber of athletes that are both committed and available is much higher, IMO. A nice problem, for sure, but something I'd wager the coaches are thinking heavily about in the weeks before NSD.

First, yes I am very happy with this class right now.

Second, like your above post I have been thinking the same this class is like one or two from being maxed out imo. I look at our recruits and idk who I'd let walk which is a good thing but very tough decisions need to be made if a few more guys want in.

No. We need absolute overwhelming talent to compete with Duke, yet this class as of now looks like FSU's intramural sqaud. How is getting PWNed by FSU and everyone else going to be spun into a positive?

A dozen WRs stolen from FIU and USF DOESN'T make up for Dixon laughing his *** off at our staff.

Advertisement
Main reason I ask is because we currently have 29 committed, which I believe to be the exact number of recruits that can enroll... So it begs the question - if we oversign, who in the current list gets nudged out? Who do we replace without causing a Kirkland-esque backlash?

If we land Cook, is everyone okay with telling Powell (or anyone else) to kick rocks? Sure we want both, so then who gets the shaft?

I realize the numbers always work out in the end, but in this instance I believe the decisions on who gets "left behind" are tougher, simply because the caliber of athletes that are both committed and available is much higher, IMO. A nice problem, for sure, but something I'd wager the coaches are thinking heavily about in the weeks before NSD.

First, yes I am very happy with this class right now.

Second, like your above post I have been thinking the same this class is like one or two from being maxed out imo. I look at our recruits and idk who I'd let walk which is a good thing but very tough decisions need to be made if a few more guys want in.

No there doesn't. When ever in history have all of our signees actually enrolled? There is always 3/4 kids who sign but never make it in. This year will be no different.

I'd take what we have right now and be happy. We have DTs!!!!!! Plus Chad and other monster DEs. Another top QB and exciting WRs. Great Oline. Improved secondary and a some stud lbs. Oh, I forgot, we have two o the top four RBs in Dade and Broward. JC and Cook would make great additions, but I would call it a day today to keep our QB and those Dline recruits.

I think the number is 31

I love what we did on the O-Line. I am OK with d-line. Hope Chad works out like i think he can. I think Moten and Valentine are ranked higher than they should be based pn tape I have watched. Hope I am wrong. Wanted Bigger stronger LBers. Langham can turn into a poor man's Kelvin Benjamin , But I like his size. Really wanted Treon as next QB. I think he will be starting once Winston leaves FSU and will come back to haunt us.

Overall, I give is a B- so far. Can go to a B+ if we pull a rabbit out of a hat in the next month and a half.

Advertisement
No. We need absolute overwhelming talent to compete with Duke, yet this class as of now looks like FSU's intramural sqaud. How is getting PWNed by FSU and everyone else going to be spun into a positive?

A dozen WRs stolen from FIU and USF DOESN'T make up for Dixon laughing his *** off at our staff.

Defend that statement please, because until you do you sound stupid.

Returning next year

Coley - #1 receiver in the state
Dorsett - Major offers from everywhere, including Ohio State and the Big 3
Malcolm Lewis - Offers from LSU, Bama, the Big 3, etc.
Herb Waters - Had to fend off Louisville; our most explosive WR not named Coley
D'Mauri Jones - Arkansas offer under Petrino (His last squad put 3 receivers into the league), West Virginia offer (they put Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey in the league last year)
Rashawn Scott - Stole from USF...Our best size/speed combo when on the field

This class (so far)

Langham - FSU Target (still is)
Berrios - Offers from SC, Ohio State, Oregon
Griffin - Top 5 player nationally at the position
Brady - Weird *** recruitment, have no clue who actually offered

Bottom Line - Receiver ain't the problem, and if you think it is you don't know **** about football

Defend that statement please, because until you do you sound stupid.

Returning next year

Coley - #1 receiver in the state
Dorsett - Major offers from everywhere, including Ohio State and the Big 3
Malcolm Lewis - Offers from LSU, Bama, the Big 3, etc.
Herb Waters - Had to fend off Louisville; our most explosive WR not named Coley
D'Mauri Jones - Arkansas offer under Petrino (His last squad put 3 receivers into the league), West Virginia offer (they put Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey in the league last year)
Rashawn Scott - Stole from USF...Our best size/speed combo when on the field

This class (so far)

Langham - FSU Target (still is)
Berrios - Offers from SC, Ohio State, Oregon
Griffin - Top 5 player nationally at the position
Brady - Weird *** recruitment, have no clue who actually offered

Bottom Line - Receiver ain't the problem, and if you think it is you don't know **** about football

Look at the bright side Cowboy, at least he didnt start with the Dorito and Golden bashing.

yea next year we will have the same "problem" at wr...... dudes will look at the depth chart and say no thanks. there are already like 4 top 150 wrs here not incding any late bloomers

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back